Code of Conduct

Default NightFlight - Wow !

I was this close to discarding my NightFlight since I didn't care to smell it much or understand its depth, but when I saw another thread of it here, I had to re-visit the colgne. And wow! Sexiness came ! I realize I was about to do an egregious mistake by throwing it in the trash or giving it away. This is like Cool Water, only 10 times better !

Default Re: NightFlight - Wow !

Dude, nightflight rulz

I heard it's similar to A&F Fierce, is that true?

It's one of the fragrances which need time and patience to "settle", develop a great sillage and make a lasting impression

After a while, it eveolves into some of the most evocative, ambiental, dreamlike scents ever

great scent!! , it opens with a spicy sour orange and pineapple and turns to a ambery oriental.

Nightflight really fly!!!
    Last edited by blackened; 5th August 2011 at 06:01 PM.
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Quote Originally Posted by boosh View Post
    I found similarities between them in the top notes. I preferred Fierce.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Nightflight, one of the greatest choices for summer. Owns most of the competition.

Truly under rated fragrance. Just for sillage and longevity alone it should get more respect.

It's nice for an aquatic and has some character to distinguish itself from all the generic stuff in that genre. Overall I'm not really a big fan though. The opening is a bit too much and there are recurring moments in its development that are too screechy for me. I like many aspects of the drydown, especially when smelling it from a distance but it still reminds me too much of sporty/fresh-type showergels. Great longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    I found similarities between them in the top notes. I preferred Fierce.
    Haha, it was actually you that I heard it from

Closer to Cool Water

to my nose , nothing to do with Cool water , very differents!!
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Same genre but very different.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasenmann View Post
    Same genre but very different.
    Agree

One of the best if not the best from Joop!!! This is good stuff!!!
    Gary

Definitely one of the best from Joop! along with Jump. It can also be easily found for under $30.00. MAGICAL!

I just recently ordered a sample of Nightflight, and I agree; this is really good. It's a superfresh lemon/detergent smell to me. Anyway, this one is going up high on my list of scents to order. (out of about 15 samples, Nightflight, Fahrenheit 32, Mugler Cologne, Gucci Pour Homme 1, and Guerlain Homme are my definite buys).

Where do you order designer samples from?

I tested it on paper on a shop and found the pineaple note to be harsh and sinthetic (the bad way). I instantly gave up from it what was sad cause I had some expectation on this one.

Maybe I´ll try it again this time on skin. Maybe a got a bad tester. Who knows...

Where do you order designer samples from?
    I order mine from Scented Monkey. They are $2.99 apiece, and you can order up to 10 at a time. I just ordered a sample of Nightflight from them a couple of weeks ago. I've always had good luck and no problems with orders from them.

I now actually miss my bottle of this Nightflight. Its not something I would wear, but I just miss it. Maybe if I see a 30ml on sale again I'll go for it. Its one of the first fragrances, if not the first, that I ever tried/sampled.

In some ways perhaps it is similar to Cool Water, but at the same time, both are neither all that "aquatic" to me. Some of the better reviews I read likened Nightflight to the laundry room with the lights turned off. Or one of my favs, the starry sky beside the water.

Great job by the perfumer.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Out of interest: what is Joop Jump! Like? I really wanna smell. Smell like anything already out there? Thanks.

Oh wait..someone said it smells like Bounce Ocean breeze Fabric softener! Is that true? I always wanted a "fabric-softener" with a bit of ocean breeze kind of fragrance !! Anyone ??

Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    Out of interest: what is Joop Jump! Like? I really wanna smell. Smell like anything already out there? Thanks.
    Joop Jump is like a fruity version of Nightflight. Comparisons have been made to Allure Homme Sport, but I don't think they really smell anything alike.

It is oddly similar to Armani Code but more fruity and loud.

Oh wait..someone said it smells like Bounce Ocean breeze Fabric softener! Is that true? I always wanted a "fabric-softener" with a bit of ocean breeze kind of fragrance !! Anyone ??
    If Bounce Ocean Breeze smells like Cool Water and Pineapple then yes

I've just bought nightflight from internet...but I heard that it has been discontinued.

I just blindly ordered this one. I hope I will get this one before the weekend.

It's pretty different compared to (vintage only!) Cool Water! I own both and enjoy them equally.
    Nightflight is way heavier on the opening but dries down smooth and with average sillage like (vintage) Cool Water and both last for at least 7 hrs.
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - Davidoff: Leather Blend Edp
    - Dior: Eau Sauvage Parfum
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Van Cleef & Arpels: Pour Homme
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

I didn't get any "WOW" from this one... More like a "yuck" and headache. This one reminds me a lot of Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger mixed with dry beer on clothes.. When I was 14 - 16 years old I used to put too much that cologne. And first times I got drunk with my friends we used to spray that Tommy Hilfiger cologne and deodorant to our clothes to hide smell of beer...
    Last edited by fl0yf; 4th March 2014 at 09:02 AM.

I blind bought this one because of some very compelling reviews and posts, and also figured I couldn't go too wrong because of the low price. But yikes! This stuff is very chemically, and smells way too much like a cleaning product we used to mop floors with in the army. Even wife said something like it smelled like a bathroom cleaning product. So now it sits in a small box with my other rejects that I've had no luck selling.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----