Code of Conduct

Default Le Labo Patchouli 24- WOW factor

Where is the love for Patchouli 24 from the Le Labo house? This stuff is excellent! If your familiar with Islay single malt scotch whiskys and enjoy them, you WILL love this scent. They literally bottled a top quality Islay malt in the opening and it lasts quite a while. Very peaty and mossy with a slight tinge of smoke. Did I mention masculine? Im buying a bottle now.

Cheers

Default Re: Le Labo Patchouli 24- WOW factor

It's a great scent. Funny you mentioned whiskey. I was drinking a glass with a friend last week (which is unusual for me) and it and it tasted exactly the way Patchouli 24 smells. Don't remember the brand but the bottle had a story about how the whiskey was riped in oak barrels which had been in salt water for a long time. Anyway I love Patchouli 24!

Patchouli Pour Homme by Reminicence is much better IMO.

BIG love for Patchouli 24. There's just nothing else out there that smells half so strange and smokey and yet wonderful as this.
    I'll always make time for cats and roses

My great loves:
    Mitsouko, L'Heure Bleue, Caron Pour un Homme, Dune, Fat Electrician, Oxford and Cambridge, Eau de Campagne, Elixir des Merveilles, Sarrasins, MKK, Ambre Sultan, Tocade, Dzing!

Current obsessions:
    Le Temps d'Une Fête, Tom of Finland, Jasmin et Cigarette, Dirty (not dirty at all )

"Perfume is an invisible art form, and yet one of the most evocative and personal."

Basenotes Institution

Patchouli 24 is the one that wowed me too . Great stuff.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Consider me a fan!

Basenotes Institution

I like it also, but I never found it full bottle worthy as it just seemed too explosively smoky and harsh on my skin - perhaps it's a skin chemistry thing or perhaps the climate here in S. Florida?

While I might agree that this has a sort of 'single malt scotch' vibe, on me, Patchouli 24 has a tenacious rubber note that sort of steers it away from having a 'boozy' vibe and reminds me more of something burning, burnt, blackened. Or (how I and others have described it before here on BN), like Black by Bulgari multiplied by 10!

Nonetheless, everything that Annick Menardo (the perfumer) does commands my respect so while I can't enjoy it on me I wholeheartedly recommend those who like scents like this (Black by Bulgari, Lonestar Memories by Tauer, Eau de Fier by Annick Goutal, Burning Leaves by CBIHP or Essence of John Galliano by Diptyque) to try this.

Oh and PradaG and Lucas Kane - if you guys like scents that smell like scotch you owe it to yourself to sample Fumidus by Profumum.

I find it a little tiresome but there aren't many others that I'd rather smell on my girlfriend.

It's a sensual fragrance that puts out a magical pulsating bubble of extremely compelling sillage (see-yahzh) and it also has a contemplative intellectual dimension. And for clarity, it has little to do with patchouli and almost everything to do with balsams and birch tar. A great fragrance from Annick Menardo. Extraordinary sillage and longevity.
    Last edited by pluran; 8th August 2011 at 05:13 AM.

I love Patchouli 24. Its an intense perfume that stays strong till the end where it turns into a vanilla and birch accord.

Maybe only Eau de Fier by Annick Goutal comes close in terms of intensity but even then they are very different.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Patchouli Pour Homme by Reminicence is much better IMO.
    Other than the name, they bare no resemblance. Patchouli pour homme is the masculine (as per Reminiscence's marketing team) version of Patchouli by Reminiscence. These perfumes are true patchouli perfumes. Patchouli 24 isnt a patchouli perfume. Funnily they even say that on the official Le Labo website.

for swap/sale:

I'm a fan. Can't afford it at the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Oh and PradaG and Lucas Kane - if you guys like scents that smell like scotch you owe it to yourself to sample Fumidus by Profumum.
    Yes, absolutely.

I will look into Fumidus. I would wear scotch if it didnt taste so good

Quote Originally Posted by PradaG View Post
    I will look into Fumidus. I would wear scotch if it didnt taste so good
    I couldn't agree more, on both accounts

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    on me, Patchouli 24 has a tenacious rubber note that sort of steers it away from having a 'boozy' vibe and reminds me more of something burning, burnt, blackened. Or (how I and others have described it before here on BN), like Black by Bulgari multiplied by 10!.
    ohhhhhh!! I was tempted to try that and this comment placated my wishes.
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Blackened:

you should definitely try. It's a love hate-thing, for sure, but then perhaps it's love for you. I don't get any booze (that would be Idole by Lubin or Tabac Blond extrait), but a huge chemical blast, sort of like explosion in a chemical factory. Over time (hours, days) it mellows out to an excellent woody.

Btw, the SA at Le Labo NYC on sat insisted that the change in color is only due to a different extraction process for one of the components (a berry or something). Indeed, I thought it was just as strong as the older one I have.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Blackened:

you should definitely try. It's a love hate-thing, for sure, but then perhaps it's love for you. I don't get any booze (that would be Idole by Lubin or Tabac Blond extrait), but a huge chemical blast, sort of like explosion in a chemical factory. Over time (hours, days) it mellows out to an excellent woody.

cacio
    thanks cacio!

you renewed my hopes
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

I like it. But I feel like I should be wearing my Smokey the Bear uniform to really do it justice.

I love malts only Speyside malts not Islay one because Islay ones have WAY! too much peatiness in them (that medicinal taste) Istill like P 24 but not that much.

Ooooo it were like being hit over the head with a giant BBQ , didnt like this one at all ....

I'm a big fan of Patchouli 24 also.

i pretty much want every Le Labo now. but i would never wear them.

It's unique for sure, but too harsh for my tastes.

I've had a love, hate relationship with this scent, sometimes it really hits the spot, sometimes it used to annoy after a couple of hours of wear, HOWEVER, the reformulation has muted the dry down, which makes the scent much more wearable. now it's just LOVE.

I adore it, and it truly does have "wow" factor. I can think of few fragrances that flaunt such conspicuous, shouldn't-be-in-a-perfume-bottle accords as campfire smoke, rubber, and tar, but the overall effect of the fragrance is of woolly warmth and oddball chic, not weird for the sake of weird. The vanilla, leather, cedar, oakmoss, and patchouli act as a comforting, grounding counterpoint to the lab accident on center stage. It's brilliant, abstract yet refreshingly lucid and legible, and full of pizzazz. It dances on the skin and creates an olfactory effect all its own.

Basenotes Plus

Count my among it's admirers. It's one of the 2 Le Labo fragrances I own. It is such a strange beast, but still imo a wearable scent. I just love the smokey/tar vibe with the underlying sweetness.

Banned

it's a misnomer for sure ... rather, birch tar with its dark, leathery smokiness is spotlighted ... the spicy smokiness of the hearty, birch tar wrestles with a milky vanilla in the drydown ...

I had purchased Patchouli 24 this past January and revisited it today and really think the 1 year of aging has done this wonders. When I first purchased at Barney's LV I was disappointed that it didn't smell like the sample I had received. This just might be one of those that needs some aging like a fine wine or bourbon. I got alot of Mercurochrome and Gauze Bandages on opening along with a smoky bbq background and some amber with a Russian leather. I have tried quite a few of the Le Labo line (Rose 31 was the only other that came close) and feel that this is best release. Not made for the masses but a very unique & long lasting gem...

Not a fan. Who wants to smell like burning rubber?

Last edited by Picassoutine; 28th December 2012 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Picassoutine View Post
    Not a fan. Who wants to smell like burnt rubber?
    Don't smell the least bit of rubber in this one, if that was what I like I would go for Bvlgari Black...

Nice pic. Agree it's not rubber fire, but a complete fire in a chemical factory. But wonderful. Lovers of this who have not tried it yet should also look into the opening of Lonestar Memories.

cacio

Slight tinge of smoke? Smells like my arm got stuck in a campfire for about an hour.....but in a good way.

Crazy fragrance. Smoked medical dressings... but likeable.

One of my top 10 scents ever.

Proper smokey Birch Tar and Leather.

Bulgari Black is nothing like it. Not even close.

Damn... I wore this today for the first time in a while and yowser! It seems to have matured nicely. I made the mistake of using about 4 sprays. Nobody complained but longevity is off the charts and projectuon is very nice. Smoky and delicious and a touch of sweetness. Very glad I have this one.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

like it, but it's not my favorite from the house & I think I'd rather have Borneo 1834 instead
    Last edited by RS2AM; 15th June 2014 at 12:55 AM.