Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Serge on repeat? ( Jeux de Peau )

Thanks to Larimar, I've had the wonderful opportunity of trying the new Lutens releases ( Jeux de Peau & Vitriol d'Oeillet ). I posted my feelings on Vitriol on that fragrance's thread, but I found myself mulling Jeux de Peau and saying ''I know this, I know this, I know this...''

Bois Oriental. Yes, JdP starts out with a sweet toasted hazelnut thing going on ( the bread eludes me in this ), but very quickly it turned to a milder but otherwise extremely similar woody-sweet accord, so much so I doubt I could tell them apart except from strength ( Bois Oriental being the heftier of the two ).

Anyone else feel this connection?

Default Re: Serge on repeat? ( Jeux de Peau )

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    ...I found myself mulling Jeux de Peau and saying ''I know this, I know this, I know this...''
    Bois Oriental. Yes, JdP starts out with a sweet toasted hazelnut thing going on ( the bread eludes me in this ), but very quickly it turned to a milder but otherwise extremely similar woody-sweet accord, so much so I doubt I could tell them apart except from strength ( Bois Oriental being the heftier of the two ). Anyone else feel this connection?
    Interesting observation, when I tried JdP, I couldn't get past the caramel corn opening, and didn't pay much attention to the dry-down. So it seems that perhaps Lutens is working with stock bases. The Boise series certainly shared one. But to put a gourmand note on top of the old Feminité base seems a bit of a cheat.

It smelled very familiar in the opening (I have to check what I wrote in the corresponding thread)... but I think I have never had Bois Oriental under my nose. Which one is with immortelle? El Attarine? I know I have a wax sample somewhere that I tried on skin. It certainly smelled like a variation on a well-beaten theme.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking it was closer to Santal Blanc, with a drop of Chypre Rouge thrown in.

Post Thanks / Like

Bois Oriental. Yes, JdP starts out with a sweet toasted hazelnut thing going on ( the bread eludes me in this ), but very quickly it turned to a milder but otherwise extremely similar woody-sweet accord, so much so I doubt I could tell them apart except from strength ( Bois Oriental being the heftier of the two ).

Anyone else feel this connection?[/QUOTE]

lol Agree with this finding although NOT proven! (have both)

I regulary wear Bois oriental and have Jeux de peau, they are two differents things for me.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

They are different on me too. I get a lot of compliments when I wear JdP, not so with Bois Oriental.
    "Not my cup of mud."
    Oscar the Grouch