Code of Conduct

Default Prada Amber Intense

What do yall think of this one? Based on what I've read on it, I feel like it would be a perfect blind buy for me. Since this one is an EDP, I'm sure the longevity is good? What would you describe the smell as? A sweet soap? Appreciate any help!

Sidenote: The 2011 version of Le Male maybe? lol. Seems "incency"
    Last edited by tommygunz; 8th August 2011 at 08:10 AM.

Default Re: Prada Amber Intense

If you liked Prada Amber pour homme you will probably like this one.

for swap/sale:

find it unlike the original, this one is an incense patchouli powdery scent.
    decent longevity but wear close to skin and nothing soapy here.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    If you liked Prada Amber pour homme you will probably like this one.
    I don't think it is a "safe blind buy" especially if you are just basing it on the original.

Intense is a much more mature take on the original. There's that barber shop powder clean vibe with faint hints of incense and vanilla. It really only resembles the original on the initial spray. This one doesn't have great silage but seems to do pretty good in the longevity department.
    Current Favorites - Creed Green Irish Tweed, Costume National Homme, Hanae Mori HiM EDP, Chanel Platinum Egoiste

Quote Originally Posted by Freeze View Post
    I don't think it is a "safe blind buy" especially if you are just basing it on the original.

Intense is a much more mature take on the original. There's that barber shop powder clean vibe with faint hints of incense and vanilla. It really only resembles the original on the initial spray. This one doesn't have great silage but seems to do pretty good in the longevity department.

Thanks for making that clear.

Its interactions like these that make online forums beneficial.

for swap/sale:

Don't care for this one at all.

I tested this one and loved it but have yet to fork out for a full bottle. Maybe I should lay off buying so many used bottles on ebay and then I could buy FBs.

I got it a few weeks ago and really like it. Lots of Amber and a good amount of incense with a vanilla tone underlying it. Slightly powdery and not very soapy at all. Seems like a great nighttime/date fragrance. It's a rich scent with great longevity and contrary to what others have said, I believe the projection is pretty strong.

How gourmondish is this? I already have La Nuit and don't want anything similiar

Quote Originally Posted by tommygunz View Post
    How gourmondish is this? I already have La Nuit and don't want anything similiar
    it's not gourmondish at all to me

I spent a day in it recently. Not great, and it convinced me that I don't want it.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Definitely gourmandish. So much so it kept reminding me of l'Instant de Guerlain Extreme without it being an exact copy. It is a very nice frag that has no emphatic connection with the original, IMO. Both versions have their places in the same wardrobe.

Sillage-wise, I wouldn't say Intense out-punches the original, neither would I say it outlasts it. Deeper, yes.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Dull as dishwater...

I don't find it very close to the original, or very gourmand.

The closest scent I can think of is Rive Gauche, but the Prada is less herbal in the opening.

Probably not a good blind buy for you, tommygunz. It sounds like your expectations for the scent do not match what it actually smells like, which is a darkish, soapy fougere with incense.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

It took me a while to really appreciate Amber Intense, but it's something I reach for quite often. I truly enjoy it. It does remind me of the original Amber PH but with a touch of something like Musc Ravageur as it gets to the base.

It can seem to have short longevity and poor sillage, but I've worn it around friends and I've let friends borrow it and in my experience others can smell it after you can't. If you spray it on your chest and then take a shower the next morning, you will smell it loud and clear as the water hits it.

I find that it strikes a good balance between something a tad fresh and almost fruity and something oriental. As LiveJazz describes it--"darkish, soapy fougere with incense-- that's pretty spot on. I'd say that it also has a somewhat mature feeling which distinguishes it from stuff like La Nuit De L'Homme.

^^ I could not have said it better myself. The one thing with this fragrance is that is is more of a cool weather frag. Here its about 108░ F and I just cannot wear this. I dont get much soapy vibe from PAI, ok maybe a little. But nothing like the PH versioin. I own and enjoy it.

So yall get a L'Instant Pour Homme Extreme vibe from this one eh?

I don't.

I almost bought this as a blind buy based on the notes but I'm glad I didn't. I don't see much resemblance to the original version. For some reason I get a weird sweet, bubblegum note from this.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Not at all. Really, if you have smelled Rive Gauche, it's probably closest to that. It's like RG with a bit of the original Prada Amber thrown in.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I'm really interested in this one, i had a sample i wore last night and enjoyed it. I do agree that it does sit a bit close to the skin, but 12+hrs later i could still detect it. Really considering grabbing a small bottle of this, very elegant and sexy imo.

It's underrated in my opinion. L'Instant Pour Homme Extreme is better from a technical perspective, but where the L'Instant is sparkly, this is darker (the patchouli deepens it)--very wearable for fall.

Quote Originally Posted by gtsb View Post
    It's underrated in my opinion. L'Instant Pour Homme Extreme is better from a technical perspective, but where the L'Instant is sparkly, this is darker (the patchouli deepens it)--very wearable for fall.
    Yea, i'm soo tempted to go get a 50ml bottle tomorrow.

Im anxious to wear this one again. It has simply been too hot here to even try. Its a bit heavy for 110░ F but i really enjoyed wearing it for the few times last season. Im just as excited to wear Halston Man Amber again though. Cant wait for it to cool off !!!!

Blog Entries

I just bought it. I was intrigued by the first sniff in the store a few weeks ago - very surprising for a department store release. It did have the power of L'Instant Extreme - I have to admit that there is some kind of similarity - it's like they're different large objects that cast a similar shadow. It's a completely different scent, but it has a certain heft that is reminiscent of the Guerlain. Just the right amount of homage to the rest of the recent Prada scents, but so much other stuff going on! Every time I smelled it in the store, it seemed like more and more of a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I just bought it. I was intrigued by the first sniff in the store a few weeks ago - very surprising for a department store release. It did have the power of L'Instant Extreme - I have to admit that there is some kind of similarity - it's like they're different large objects that cast a similar shadow. It's a completely different scent, but it has a certain heft that is reminiscent of the Guerlain. Just the right amount of homage to the rest of the recent Prada scents, but so much other stuff going on! Every time I smelled it in the store, it seemed like more and more of a good thing.
    Thats it...i'm going tomorrow lol

I didn't like this one much with my first wearing but I received a small sample of it from Sephora and do find myself going back to sniff the sample quite often. It's a scent that I should love based on the notes and general composition. I'm going to have to give it a spin again come autumn as I feel this might be a grower rather than a show-er.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Was deciding between this and the original EDT and luckily I did a side by side comparison because my first instinct was to buy the intense version, but I realized how much more I liked the original version. I get around 10 hours of longevity with the EDT so that's not an issue, so there was really no reason to shell out the extra cash for the intense. If you're looking though for something more along the lines of a "sweet soap" as you mentioned in your first post, stick with the EDT as it's more consistent with that description