Code of Conduct

Default Good sample selection?

Having been recommended TPC, I've decided to get my hands on some 1ml samples! But thought I'd run it through the pr0 BN community first. So far I'm looking at getting 1ml samples of:

Egoiste
    Platinum Egoiste
    Allure Sport
    Dior Homme
    Terre d'Hermes
    Certier Roadster
    Le Male

Would consider adding another 3 samples to that list, but I'm not sure what. I'm looking for something that is suitable for office wear (so nothing too sweet or loud), but at the same time something that has longevity and projection. Oh, and I know Le Male isn't considered office wear, but just want to understand what all the fuss is about (namely from Jonny!).

Cheers

Default Re: Good sample selection?

All good ones in your list.

Bleu de Chanel
    1 Million by Paco Rabbane
    The One by D&G
    Yves St Laurent Live Jazz
    Light Blue by D&G
    and
    Burberry London

Just some I've tested and Loved
    Yes I'm 15, yes I'm Young, Yes i Got Money, and Yes I'm damn proud of it

Search through the forums on threads like:

"what fragrance attracts girsl/boys?"
    "what fragrance to wear to X occasion"
    "which fragrance smells similar to X fragrance (that you like)"

And other threads, it is these threads that give me ideas on what to try... Happy sampling!

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Eildor View Post
    Having been recommended TPC, I've decided to get my hands on some 1ml samples! But thought I'd run it through the pr0 BN community first. So far I'm looking at getting 1ml samples of:

Egoiste
    Platinum Egoiste
    Allure Sport
    Dior Homme
    Terre d'Hermes
    Certier Roadster
    Le Male

Would consider adding another 3 samples to that list, but I'm not sure what. I'm looking for something that is suitable for office wear (so nothing too sweet or loud), but at the same time something that has longevity and projection. Oh, and I know Le Male isn't considered office wear, but just want to understand what all the fuss is about (namely from Jonny!).

Cheers
    Can you not test these locally?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Can you not test these locally?
    I know that close to me I have trouble finding places to test so I order from fragrancenet... Maybe he's In the same situation... I know that the only place I can test is like Dillard's and Perfume Town

1 milion is very sweet, imho.

Don't bother with TPC for those, if you live in London, you should have absolutely no problem finding places to test and obtain samples of those.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

Thank you for all of your suggestions. I already have 1 Million, I don't think it's particularly suitable for office wear though. I don't mind Burberry London, but I don't think it's the best thing to wear in the office, the longevity isn't that great on me either. I do enjoy Live Jazz... but it makes me smell like a vegetable... I do like it though, good summer fragrance.

I don't live in the city, so I'd have to go out specifically for that so might as well order them from TPC -- unless you know of a reason not to buy from TPC?

Quote Originally Posted by Eildor View Post
    Thank you for all of your suggestions. I already have 1 Million, I don't think it's particularly suitable for office wear though. I don't mind Burberry London, but I don't think it's the best thing to wear in the office, the longevity isn't that great on me either. I do enjoy Live Jazz... but it makes me smell like a vegetable... I do like it though, good summer fragrance.

I don't live in the city, so I'd have to go out specifically for that so might as well order them from TPC -- unless you know of a reason not to buy from TPC?
    Apparently i didn't read your post completely... For office use i think Bleu De Chanel is best bet.

Cool -- made the order yesterday not sure when I'll get it but hopefully by the end of the week I guess. Thanks.

Excellent excuse to whore out my own topic!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/280...ies?highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious Scent View Post
    Excellent excuse to whore out my own topic!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/280...ies?highlight=
    Cheers mate.

Haven't particularly got excited about any of the fragrances -- I guess I just don't like fragrances after all! I haven't tested them all properly but I'll give my initial impressions anyway.

Egoiste - Rose, sweet, sickening, headache inducing -- I can't wear this.
    Platinum Egoiste - Metalic, pepper, weird. Does remind me of my Gillette body spray.
    Allure Sport - Bad memories of L'eau D'issey, although I'd prefer this to L'eau D'issey for sure. It's ok.
    Allure Edition Blanche - Weird citrus/creamy fragrance.
    Dior Homme - Ok fragrance, I see similarities between this and Rochas Man.
    Terre d'Hermes - Sour, very orange, not entirely sure how this can be considered an office scent.
    Certier Roadster - I wanted a minty fragrance but this is just weird. I think it's just too minty
    Le Male - Reminds me of Body Kouros and Bvlgari Black (without the rubber note).