Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Creed Boutique Experience

Quote Originally Posted by fumegator View Post
    I agree with you, but look at the other side of the coin...

It's fine to say that you don't like a Creed fragrance, or criticize them for normal reasons. but no other house inspires NEARLY the contrived, obsessive vile and vitriol that Creed does on a regular basis. Why this is so, I do not understand. probably because they are the best, and everyone wants to dethrone the king. but I don't understand why members who don't like Creed can't simply NOT go into threads that are specifically about Creed. Why do they feel it is their duty to make everyone else on the boards (including "super-duper-ultra-fanboys" such as myself, JazznPool, ZZTopp, etc) hate them as much as they do? There are some members, where that is ALL they do (Addict/Mazeltov, WildThingy, etc).

Funnily enough, I haven't posted anything in a Creed thread for more than a week, yet Samplermike/Gecko/Topsail/Fumegator [yep, moderators, they are all the same, and I even forgot one identity, do an even cursory IP check] can't help it.

Moderators, please investigate if you feel like it. I am trying to leave the whole Creed con op alone, as a form of courtesy to the forum, but I would appreciate not being, in exchange, continuously stalked by people with nothing better to do.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    This Creed thread actually made it to 3/4 of a page before people started personally attacking each other. I think that's a new record.
    Rather tiresome really, isn't it.

They should just go ahead and *kiss* already..... I guess ive just been lucky w customer service and samples from Rodney. I did buy something though. He kept asking is there was anything else i wanted to try and sent at least 6 samples, 2 were 10ml roll ons. I got Selection verte, windsor, spice & wood,OV,VIW and a couple others
    Last edited by heperd; 11th August 2011 at 11:48 PM.

Hey, hey, hey... go easy on personal attacks yourselves. I have NOT participated in this thread and have been attacked out of the blue.

Other than that, I will not respond in kind, I leave it to the moderators.

Sorry ,dumb joke, fixed it. Maybe there can be a dedicated thread where you guys can meet whenever these bizarre rambling arguments about Creed start. Like "Oh Yeah!!!! Ill meet you in the Crazy Creed Arguments Thread in 2 min toughguy!!!" Then these threads can go on uninterrupted and on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Sorry ,dumb joke, fixed it. Maybe there can be a dedicated thread where you guys can meet whenever these bizarre rambling arguments about Creed start. Like "Oh Yeah!!!! Ill meet you in the Crazy Creed Arguments Thread in 2 min toughguy!!!" Then these threads can go on uninterrupted and on topic.
    On topic??

No comment.

Luis and Rodney are two great guys that i enjoy dealing with. Sometimes i just call Luis randomly to discuss fragrance, very reliable indeed...

Wow, I've been away for a couple days. ZZ, you're right. This thread doesn't accomplish much. I suppose I was needing to vent and receive guidance in this situation. It will be good to call and speak to Rodney or Louis. I agree with Kevin Guyer and others. Very good posts and remarks. Fumegator, it sounds like you are an instigator. Over 8000 posts may seem like no biggie but most members that has survived here for that long, has done so for a reason; they are knowledgeable and respectable. Otherwise, they would have vanished into mod's purgatory lol. So, peace be with everyone here and lets all chill out and have fun. Thanks for all the input, even your's fumegator.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeltov View Post
    Funnily enough, I haven't posted anything in a Creed thread for more than a week, yet Samplermike/Gecko/Topsail/Fumegator [yep, moderators, they are all the same, and I even forgot one identity, do an even cursory IP check] can't help it.

Moderators, please investigate if you feel like it. I am trying to leave the whole Creed con op alone, as a form of courtesy to the forum, but I would appreciate not being, in exchange, continuously stalked by people with nothing better to do.

Thank you.
    TalkingMuffin was the other one...

Quote Originally Posted by funraiser18 View Post
    If you are in the Chicago area and can get up to the NM in Northbrook, I highly, highly recommend connecting with the Creed rep there. Dan is knowledgeable and always eager to please. Sure I have purchased from the boutique in NYC, but Dan emails and calls with regular updates - samples and extras are the norm. Makes it hard to want to deal with anyone else.
    +1 to this..

I also bought my Creeds from the Northbrook NM and Dan was always very generous with samples and just a nice guy in general. He sent me an e-mail when Royal Oud samples were available (well before most people were even able to sample it here on BN!).

Quote Originally Posted by fumegator View Post
    but I have 125 posts. you only have 99. that makes my opinion 26% better than yours.
    I'm convinced that you must be correct about this.
    Last edited by Partario; 12th August 2011 at 04:04 AM.

So anyone have any Creed boutique experiences lately in NY? I will be there in a few days and wonder if it's worth the trip. Hoping to sample a few I haven't tried before. Also where is the best place to go in Manhatten to sample Serge Lutens? I'm hoping to hit a few spots that are close together.

Blog Entries

For Lutens, go to Barney's! E 61st street and Madison. Creed is at E 67th Street, just a few blocks uptown from there. Hermès is near Barneys.