Code of Conduct

Default I actually like the opening of Musc Ravageur more than the drydown, much more

To me the opening of MR is so rich, wet, complex and imaginative. The dry down though is boring, dry and simple.

Default Re: I actually like the opening of Musc Ravageur more than the drydown, much more

I'm quite fond of the opening too. My favourite part is the mid-stage whilst the cinnamon and darkness is still rich.

Default Re: I actually like the opening of Musc Ravageur more than the drydown, much more

What's strange is most people seem to like the drydown more.

I like it all the way through the progression.

I'm with you there, Cerel9 and Duke Hunt! The drydown is where Musc Ravageur loses me a bit - a tad too generic and boring, too plain vanilla-y.

I like it from top to bottom.

for swap/sale:

I like it from top to bottom, but +1, the opening is the best part.

Love it all the way through! From the sweet yet spicy blast after spraying it, til the pleasant vanilla filling the bathroom as I shower it off. Good stuff
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

I like every single dimension of the fragrance. It takes me on a journey from start to finish.

I like the drydown the least as well. Part of the reason I carry a small atomizer with me to re-spritz every few hours.

I love it from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I like it all the way through the progression.
    Same. I like it from start to finish.

I don't think I ever used MR before maybe six in the evening, and I've always found the main period to grow slowly and last for eternities. Maybe I was asleep before the dry down set in? Anyway, what I usually smell the next morning is more than faint memories, and they make me feel comfortable immediately. I wouldn't want more!
    Last edited by narcus; 11th August 2011 at 02:03 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi Ť un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Another vote for the team of Cerel9 and Larimar !
    Nice opening and boring development. MR is an overrated fragrance maybe due to its gorgeous opening...
    I do not like much also several other creations of Maurice Roucel -Dans Tes Bras,Bogart pour Homme,TL pour lui...