Code of Conduct

Default Millesime Imperial at FragranceX

Just received my 4oz bottle of MI from FragranceX. I thought the smell was extremely soft and watered down. I saw another thread about buying MI from FragranceX but decided to take the plunge anyways. I think I might have received an old bottle of MI.

At first, I thought I couldn't find the lot number. However, after close inspection, it seems the numbers are covered up by a strip of glue. I couldn't rub it off. In any case, a total disappointment. I'm going to wait until tomorrow to go to Neiman to try their store bottle to see if the smell is really different or it's just in my head.

Anybody else with experience of buying MI from FragranceX? Is FragranceNet just as bad for MI?

Default Re: Millesime Imperial at FragranceX

I haven't bought Milesime Imperial from Fragrancex.com but I have bought Himalaya and Tabarome Milesime. In both cases I tested the bottles with known decants/samples given from fellow basenoters. They were never fakes.

I think MI is a weak-ass fragrance to begin with. Going to Neiman to compare is the way to go- it should put your mind at ease either way. Good luck!
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

I recently got some Creed samples in the mail from beautyencounter, one of them being MI. I love the scent but it's weak as hell. I put GIT on my left wrist and MI on my right at the same time and GIT was a beast on my skin!

I think I got veeeery lucky with my MI...it is "08" batch and the juice is slightly green..I bought it from ebay..its legit...along with tobacco vanille its the strongest fragrance I own! monster projection,longevity 15+ hours...very sweet watermelon smell...I get a lot of iris and fresh citruces..compliments non stop.. 2 sprays MAX and it lasts AND projects for hours! now....where can I find this batch again is really strarting to worry me...

Just as gmm said - MI is a "monster" on me too...bought my bottle from Essenza Nobile...great stuf!!

P.S.
    gmm, lepo je videti še enga Slovenca tukaj ;-)

Never had any problem getting anything old from FragranceX.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Never had any problem getting anything old from FragranceX.
    +1, agreed

MI is one of my all-time favorites and is, unfortunately, the only Creed I've had problems with purchasing online. I've bought two bottles (one from Fragrancenet, the other from Ebay) that were so weak and scentless that they basically smelled like lemon salt-water -- NOTHING like the MI I know and love. I sent them back and eventually ended up getting a bottle from an authorized dealer (Nordstrom).

There must be a fairly large bad batch of MI out there in the grey market, and it sounds to me like you got a bottle of it. Send it back. If you have the patience to keep trying to get a good bottle online, then keep trying until you get a good one. As for me, I lost my patience after the second bad bottle. I just can't be bothered returning bottle after bottle and having my expectations crushed over and over again. Sometimes it's better to pay full price and avoid the hassle. That said, my other online Creed purchases (Ebay) have been fine.

I have never received a fake Creed from fragrancex, nor an excessively old bottle. I'd trust fragrancex as an online source. There are, however, noticeable batch variations in MI. That's what you're smelling, to me. All of my MI's have smelled great, but some better than others; some have more pronounced melon topnotes, while others are a bit more flowery. Haven't noticed a big difference in longevity, though.

Creed MI is generally very light, that's what everyone complains about. But the lack of a lot number is really strange. Look carefully all over the box and near the bottom of the bottle for one, and post it. From that we can see the year/batch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerel9 View Post
    Creed MI is generally very light, that's what everyone complains about. But the lack of a lot number is really strange. Look carefully all over the box and near the bottom of the bottle for one, and post it. From that we can see the year/batch.
    It's not "generally very light" but you will encounter some batches that are weak, while others will have monster projection and crazy longevity. I have MI from four different sources and they all smell different, one is almost devoid of top notes and very soft, two others are stronger somewhat but switch from fruity top notes to the base in about an hour, and the fourth one is very potent, with great top notes that last and last. Good batches of MI (along with GIT and SMW) are notoriously chancy to come by.

My 75ml tester from FragranceX is very weak.

Anyone have any recent bottles that have good projection and longevity? Some lot #'s would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by gmm View Post
    I think I got veeeery lucky with my MI...it is "08" batch and the juice is slightly green..I bought it from ebay..its legit...along with tobacco vanille its the strongest fragrance I own! monster projection,longevity 15+ hours...very sweet watermelon smell...I get a lot of iris and fresh citruces..compliments non stop.. 2 sprays MAX and it lasts AND projects for hours! now....where can I find this batch again is really strarting to worry me...
    wow.. lucky! if only every bottle was like this!

Aaah the neverending tale of Creed batch variations... I seriously thought that my bottle of MI was fake when i found out that it was completely devoid of the wonderful melony top. Instead it was much more citrussy with a dry iris tinge. All this was of course before I read up on the batch variation issues. It is a 2010 batch and apparently they have generally been found lacking, compared to earlier batches. I have eventually come to enjoy the scent, I just have to remember that it is not the same scent, as the MI I first laid my hands on.
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonMoose View Post
    Anybody else with experience of buying MI from FragranceX? Is FragranceNet just as bad for MI?
    It's not bad, it usually smells like that. I've tried from many samples including perfumedcourt.com, ebay, and of course got lots of samples at Neiman Marcus. Creed is not as spotty as most people think, they're pretty consistent and I've been smelling MI for the past decade.