Code of Conduct

Thread: Tauer Perfumes

Banned

Default Tauer Perfumes

Hi All,

Just had my bottle of L'air du desert du Marocain delivered and was surprised to find that the inner packaging had been signed "Enjoy! A Tauer"

I'm just wondering, is this normal for this brand? It's not printed on there either, it's signed in ink, which is why I ask the question! The box etc was correctly sealed too, so no question of the juice's authenticity.

Anyone able to help?!

Default Re: Tauer Perfumes

No need to worry, that´s the common nice gesture for his clientele.

Yes, I got a signed card too. A very nice touch.

Shame I had to get rid of the juice, really.
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.

confirmed they added also me a candy!
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

The brand is really a One Man Show, and as long as he can, Tauer will either sign a card or enclose some sort of personal greetings in his packages. On his blog he once mentioned that he also does a lot of the packaging, tying bows, etc.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Banned

Thanks for the information guys; it's really cool that he does that. Some of the other niche houses should take a leaf out of his book; why not when you spend a lot on a fragrance?!

Always one of the girls at Montale Paris or Geneva would send me a card together with the perfume I had ordered. More important: once I could get through to them via phone they would help me ordering the right things in a very friendly manner. They never gave me the impression being pressed by time.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I am looking to sample L'air du desert Marocain and will be placing a sample order with Les Senteurs today.

Are there any of the other Tauer perfumes that are a must try in the collection?

Stories like that make me want to support this brand so much!! Andy seems to really care about his clients and his scents.

But sadly none of his perfumes have worked on me so far. Need to try Vetiver Dance though.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Some companies go the extra step which is very gratifying.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Some companies go the extra step which is very gratifying.
    Yes, especially when a company is basically Andy himself (with the assistance of the W.-factor). It's the bigger ones that tend to get impersonal at times (or worse off, all of the time). Andy has always been such a gracious perfumer, one that should be supported by a community such as ours!
    Scents are fleeting . . . memories are not. . . .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by zeram1 View Post
    Yes, especially when a company is basically Andy himself (with the assistance of the W.-factor). It's the bigger ones that tend to get impersonal at times (or worse off, all of the time). Andy has always been such a gracious perfumer, one that should be supported by a community such as ours!
    Well said!

Andy is a really nice person; I notice that artisanal perfumeries like his pay much more attention to customer service and the personal touch than larger places. Neil Morris did this too for me, when I ordered Gandhara.

He'll eventually stop, when business gets big. Sadly.

for swap/sale:

I have had the pleasure of sampling a few Tauer fragrances now.

L'air du desert Marocain really is quite something. Very different to anything else i've owned, and is now firmly on my wishlist, and may well be on my Christmas list if I manage to avoid caving in before then.

Incense Extreme is having its debut wearing today. I was a bit cautious of wearing it into the office as it's quite fierce in the opening, but I love it and my colleague next to me said "That's three days running you've come into work smelling amazing."

On the back of Tobacco Vanille and L'air du desert Marocain, I'm on a roll now.

Is it cheaper to order from Andy's website than from say Luckyscent?

I agree wholeheartedly. Before I went to Paris I sent an email to him asking if I can sample/buy Tauer scents there. And the answer was long, detailed, personal, everything that can make a person seem to be a great man.

He really gives a nice touch to customer attention. The sample pack on his website is also very nice packaged, you get a lot of juice in those samples too.
    I just can't seem to get over the "tauerade" note that lies beneath each and every one of the scents of his I have tried. I respect and even admire the originality, creativity and heck, even the colour of his perfumes, but that plasticky note I just can't bear.
    Only one I like is Lonestar Memories, as it is so very potent that it masks the tauerade a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by ahep2007 View Post
    Hi All,

Just had my bottle of L'air du desert du Marocain delivered and was surprised to find that the inner packaging had been signed "Enjoy! A Tauer"

I'm just wondering, is this normal for this brand? It's not printed on there either, it's signed in ink, which is why I ask the question! The box etc was correctly sealed too, so no question of the juice's authenticity.

Anyone able to help?!
    You bought directly from Tauer mate? but they don't ship to the UK! O_o

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Livingdead View Post
    You bought directly from Tauer mate? but they don't ship to the UK! O_o
    I never said that I bought directly from Tauer. I got it from Scent-and-Sensibility Perfume online; excellent customer service and the prices are not over-inflated. Have a look:

http://www.scent-and-sensibility.co.uk/contact_us.php

Quote Originally Posted by ahep2007 View Post
    I never said that I bought directly from Tauer. I got it from Scent-and-Sensibility Perfume online; excellent customer service and the prices are not over-inflated. Have a look:

http://www.scent-and-sensibility.co.uk/contact_us.php
    ahh excellent. same prices as les senteurs then. was thinking of an (even cheaper) source...but this site is great too, thanks!