Code of Conduct

Default Scent to make car smell nice?

Yeah I could febreze that shit, but where's the fun in that :P? Was wondering if Unforgivable might work as my car air freshener, or any others I might be able to buy for cheap.

Default Re: Scent to make car smell nice?

I personally wouldn't waste any fragrance on a car. Just pick up a car spray from an auto parts retailer.

Mmm ok, might just go Febreze route then..

Why r u easily swayed?

Try this.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I personally wouldn't waste any fragrance on a car. Just pick up a car spray from an auto parts retailer.
    Ewwwww! Don't do that! Not cheap, but Chanel Sycamore into the vent does it for me!

Actually I like to have some oud burning in the car...But don't tell anyone, they might think I'm a freak! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Actually I like to have some oud burning in the car...But don't tell anyone, they might think I'm a freak! :P
    This post would fit nice nicely into the "You know you're a Basenoter when..." thread.

Very nice.

A pack of double mint gum melting in the sun smells fantastic.

For me this is easy- Montale's Black Aoud. It is expensive but a little goes a very long way. A few sprays from a decant last for days and your vehicle will smell superb.

Basenotes Institution

I think vetiver scents smell fantastic in my car, but not sure if this is because of my preferences or because I have a leather interior car & the vetiver mixes well with it. Or both.

My favorite? Vetiver Extreme by Guerlain. All of the vetiver strength I crave, with a healthy cocktail of fresh/aquatic notes.

Crazy sillage and 4+ weeks longevity. Beast.
    What I've been wearing far too much of lately:

-Amouage Lyric Man
    -Guerlain Gourmand Coquin
    -Creed Jardin d'Amalfi

Guest05

Last edited by Guest05; 10th March 2012 at 06:10 AM.

I dabbed a bit of CDG Monocle Hinoki on a cotton ball and stuck it in the vent. Smells like tree - expensive tree.

I usually spray my car with one of my cheapies that I rarely wear, but still smell decent. Swiss Army and Lacoste Booster do the trick.

Those fresheners they sell at parts stores are inexcusable.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Put a few drops of sandalwood or patchouli oil fro the healthfood store on a cloth under a seat.

I wouldn't waste any fragrance on a car either, but once i accidentally sprayed(CURVE) it on the headrest...wow it smells good.

Jubilation XXV Amouage

I'll bring back a paper card or ribon, from the testers at the mall and stick it in the a/c vents.
    You'll have the most expensive air freshner!

Especially when you have other people in the car - giving rides to friends or something - I find it more considerate to pour on a piece of cotton [just] a couple of drops of essential oils: lemon [or lime], orange, perhaps just one drop of spearmint [a little strong, but I prefer it to peppermint], perhaps two drops of grapefruit.

It will make your car smell real nice, inoffensive, and might keep you more alert behind the wheel.

I bought those A&F Fierce room fresheners from eBay and they worked fine for me.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Bout 4 years ago I spilled an entire 2ml sample of Bois du Portugal on the passenger front seat of my vehicle. They are cloth covered seats.

Best smelling vehicle on the road for many weeks!

But, it isn't cheap..
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

If you want your car to smell extremely pleasant but not like cologne, use this.

http://squashair.com/

Amazing stuff. Lasts for about 3 months or so, Squash is the only scent worth getting. It doesn't smell like squash for the records, just clean with a subtle sweetness. You will never go back to anything else. The compliments I get on this stuff is insane, and far greater than on any fragrance I have worn.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan D' Great View Post
    I'll bring back a paper card or ribon, from the testers at the mall and stick it in the a/c vents.
    You'll have the most expensive air freshner!
    That sounds like a great idea and a good use for those testers

Since the day i worn Carnal Flower and a friend of mine told " Wow, your Car smells nice, what air freshner is that" I can't drive without some carnal flower over the A/C Vents.

CDG SKAI works if you want your car to smell like brand new

Scentsy has some nice car fresheners. Check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by cjbee View Post

Crazy sillage and 4+ weeks longevity. Beast.
    Ohjeezusgod, that thing is horrible. I bought that exact one years ago and had to rip it down after 2 minutes and tossed it after 2 more. This summer I bought another new car scent tree coz apparently I hadn't been traumatized enough from the first time and forgot what it was like. It lasted 2 minutes before I found a garbage can. <-- that eye-twitchin' thing that little icon is doing? That's what my face looked like!

Basenotes Plus

A car should smell like a car, not some awfully fake citrus (unless you happen to be driving a fruit picker), and the closest thing I could think of is the interior leather upholstery.Some Tuscan Leather would smell good in a car. Or some Odori Cuoio.

Tom Ford's Oud Wood for a luxury car. A classy delivery method/mechanism is the key. How to disguise or hide the cotton balls, etc.?

^^Ash tray, pockets behind the front seats, side door pockets, sunglasses compartment, under the floormat corner, or if your rich just spray it outside tge car into the air intake. It is usually right beneath the windshield wipers.Just make sure the engine is running and the AC is on.

Black Ice fragrance tree all the way! Kinda smells cool water-ish

Tuscan Leather. Again, a little goes a long way. The lady gave me three 4mL vial samples of TL when I bought a bottle of Tobacco Vanille. It's perfect when wearing TV sitting in a car that smells like TL!
    Current infatuations:

1. M7
    2. Encre Noire
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. A*Men
    5. Chergui

Happened again today - I gave a ride to my co-workers at lunch, and one of them remarked, "It smells good in here." Another one said, "His car always smells good." I think it's because I spray cologne on me right before I leave the house, and it lingers in my car throughout the day. Dior Homme, Creed Neroli Sauvage, and Cartier Pasha have all been implicated.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    Scentsy has some nice car fresheners. Check them out.
    Someone just gifted me an air freshener in their discontinued Luna scent. This is my first time to sniff a Scentsy item. It's actually quite nice. But darnit, why do discontinued things seem to attract me?

For those who might be curious, the discontinued Luna is predominantly jasmine and berries. It lists sandalwood, but I don't really get any sandalwood out of it.
    "Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere." -- Inselaffe

I prefer Ambi pur as it provides the right freshness with the intensity we choose.

Leather key accord or suederal from Perfumers Apprentice, or another good smelling leather perfume oil. That suederal is a killer, very authentic and elegant.

regards Conni

Marc Jacobs "Rain"!

check out my site thefragrancebar.scentsy.us :-)
    Last edited by mclanejudson; 26th September 2011 at 02:24 AM. Reason: spelling

I was at Barney's today and Frederic Malle is marketing some type of plastic tablet impregnated in scent to be used in the car. (I forgot the name of the fragrance, but it did smell nice and incensy). As I don't own a car, I haven't inquired about prices.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I was at Barney's today and Frederic Malle is marketing some type of plastic tablet impregnated in scent to be used in the car. (I forgot the name of the fragrance, but it did smell nice and incensy). As I don't own a car, I haven't inquired about prices.

cacio
    What did it look like?

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by Conni HD View Post
    Leather key accord or suederal from Perfumers Apprentice, or another good smelling leather perfume oil. That suederal is a killer, very authentic and elegant.

regards Conni
    +1

If you have a leather interior in your car, this is absolutely brilliant. In fact I might even make some up into a spray form for the benefit of the UK market, where it's not so easy to buy the neat stuff from PA.
    ďA person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person
    ― Dave Barry

Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation Iím happy to quote: if you want free advice, thatís what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

Just a touch of Encre Noir in the footwell works great.
    Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart; but the heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as a fragrant forest.

Yankee Candle Leather air freshener

http://www.amazon.com/Yankee-Candle-...9922110&sr=1-2
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.