Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Azzaro Acteur's Rose

Got interested of Azzaro Acteur a few days ago, as i saw at Perfumemaster.org it has a 68% similarity to Macassar.
    Whether it's true or not, the scent itself sounds interesting. Ordered a sample of it, that's yet to arrive.
    http://www.perfumemaster.org/Rochas/...Similar-scents
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Signature: Rochas Macassar (Nicolas Mamounas / Roger Pellegrino, 1980)

Current Top 7:

Chanel Antaeus (vtg) (Jaques Polge, 1981)
    Terre d' Hermes EDT (2006-2009) (Jean-Claude Ellena, 2006)
    Green Irish Tweed (Probably Oliver Creed / Pierre Bourdon, 1985)
    Eau de Rochas Pour Homme (Gilles Romey, 1993)
    Bleu de Chanel EDP (Jaques Polge, 2014)
    Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme (vtg) (Max Gavary, 1994)
    Chanel Allure Homme (vtg) (Jaques Polge, 1999)

Any information from anyone on how to identify a vintage bottle of Acteur?

You're very welcome, david!

Thank you for the kind words. Yes, indeed, there are those fragrances that are unique and wonderful...yet, they sit in our collection and don't get used. It is the simple truth. However, we MUST have them.

I wear Zino Davidoff rather frequently and Acteur less - but adore both. It is because of Zino's more macho presence. I wear Acteur as a comfort scent or when I am in more formal attire. The depth of the notes and the rose soliflore present themselves as masculine, but not in a casual way. Serious juice. Glad you retried Acteur - at least now you know, and it might even get more wear.

Iquitos is rather incredible. A rose blooming in a lush garden surrounded by a rain forest. It truly has an outstanding composition that puts the rose front and center, but with tropical jungle aromas entering throughout. One of THE most unique and rich scents I have ever smelled. Lucky to have it. I have not tried Villoresi Donna, but of course the house has an incredible reputation.

I find rose scents to be difficult (except for the woody spicy Zino, ironically its "dirty rose" is for me...very natural on my skin). There is a natural affinity there for me. Others, I have to think about and the occasion & attire must be right.

Our search, it seems, in this passion is never-ending and our tastes change - so there really is no true 'ending'.

Cheers,

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Thanks once again ericrico for such attention to detail ! I always enjoy your posts and threads.
    It's funny, there are fragrances that I admire and respect, (were they to be discontinued ~ would be sorely missed by me) yet I never ever wear them ! I have to say that Zino is another one of those fragrances. Insens, Yatagan, Egoist are some others. They all contain something in their composition that I find very interesting, but also very unwearable.
    I have been searching for years for beautiful natural rose fragrance, (mens or womens). Upon retrying Acteur I still have not found it. The closest I have come is Iquitos and Villoressi Donna.
    - - - Updated - - -

Hello onethinline -

A couple of simple ways - first, off the font on the box is similar to Times New Roman. On the box and bottle, "90% vol." is printed in between "3.4 FL. OZ." on the left and "100 ml" on the right. Current formulation has different print on the box and no "90% vol." on either the box or bottle.

Also, although I recommend application of Acteur by spray (not splash) for note separation - buying a Splash bottle is a pretty safe course.

Here is a seller I purchased Vintage Splash bottles from (at a very fair price)...notice the details I mention:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACTEUR-LORIS-AZZARO-COLOGNE-FOR-MEN-3-4-OZ-SPLASH-NIB-/250707140766?pt=fragrance&hash=item3a5f4f609e

Here is a seller with a Vintage Spray bottle - non-stock photo - reputable and they even list it as http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACTEUR-by-Loris-Azzaro-for-Men-3-4-oz-Eau-De-Toilette-Spray-VINTAGE-/251173935216?pt=fragrance&hash=item3a7b221870

I hope this helps...if you or anyone is interested in trying Acteur in its Original and "true" form - Vintage.

Please note that I am not associated with either seller in any way.

Cheers,

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by onethinline View Post
    Any information from anyone on how to identify a vintage bottle of Acteur?
    Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infants flesh, sweet as an oboes cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

Good scent and considering that I might be able to get it online cheap as chips, all the reasons for me to consider woning it are there.
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

Thank you for the tips, ericrico!

Does Acteur have any similarity to Ungaro III as a rose scent ? What about the at PerfumeMaster.org mentioned similarity with Macassar? Is there any? Thanks.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Signature: Rochas Macassar (Nicolas Mamounas / Roger Pellegrino, 1980)

Current Top 7:

Chanel Antaeus (vtg) (Jaques Polge, 1981)
    Terre d' Hermes EDT (2006-2009) (Jean-Claude Ellena, 2006)
    Green Irish Tweed (Probably Oliver Creed / Pierre Bourdon, 1985)
    Eau de Rochas Pour Homme (Gilles Romey, 1993)
    Bleu de Chanel EDP (Jaques Polge, 2014)
    Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme (vtg) (Max Gavary, 1994)
    Chanel Allure Homme (vtg) (Jaques Polge, 1999)