Code of Conduct

Default Fake Creed Aventus

I was told that fake Creed Aventus in the 4 oz is being sold in Chinatown for $30. True? Are fake Creeds getting better now? I know that they now have some white nozzles, and some have the lot numbers, and also the not-sharp CREED in the nozzle itself but any other tell-tale signs?

Default Re: Fake Creed Aventus

As far as I know a 4oz bottle of Creed, from a non-credible source, with a price to good to be true, is a clear sign of a fake. Some that I have seen at local mall fragrance counters have Arabic writing on the box or bottle. I've also read that if purchasing from these sources, that the 30ml and 75ml are safer buys, as the 4oz is the most produced fake.

Well the fact it's being sold for $30 somewhat gives it away. Although I guess you mean with it being resold on eBay for the full RRP?

Given the widely reported batch differences maybe this one could make identifying a fake a bit harder. Having never experienced the quality of fake creeds I don't know how true that would be.

Aventus 4 oz has the black leather wrapping around it, I wonder how well they'll do that.

As with anything, buy from an authorised reseller if you don't want to risk it...

Quote Originally Posted by Anť View Post
    As with anything, buy from an authorized reseller if you don't want to risk it...
    True enough.

I really doubt fake aventus exist already and if so it would be much easier to spot than say a silver mountain water bottle. Once you've owned enough genuine creeds Well...fakes get super easy to spot anyway.

I would buy one just to post pics of how well they made it.

Terrific! The first fake Aventus thread.

Now we can look forward to scads of "is my Avenus a fake?" threads!

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Terrific! The first fake Aventus thread.

Now we can look forward to scads of "is my Avenus a fake?" threads!
    I can imagine Creed offering an authentication service (as is done with coins and baseball cards). LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I can imagine Creed offering an authentication service (as is done with coins and baseball cards). LOL.
    They'd first have to sort out the problem of over 90% of their batches smelling like fakes of the first release.

Quote Originally Posted by PEARL View Post
    Some that I have seen at local mall fragrance counters have Arabic writing on the box or bottle.
    The GIT I got at Neiman Marcus in Beverly Hills has Arabic writing on the box. Mind you, it's just one line on the bottom. Do you mean you see boxes entirely in Arabic? A counterfeiter would probably want their boxes to blend in, and thus create boxes in the language of the country they are sold in, i.e. English in the US. Some places get genuine fragrances intended for distribution to other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan View Post
    I was told that fake Creed Aventus in the 4 oz is being sold in Chinatown for $30. True? ...
    What else have you been told ? I once heard a guy in Flin Flon Manitoba bought a $3.00 knock off version of Drakkar Noir when he stopped by a drugstore in Toronto. Its a pretty crazy world, isn't it ?!
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Alain Delon Iquitos, Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage), Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Comme des Garcons 2 Man, Giorgio VIP, ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    They'd first have to sort out the problem of over 90% of their batches smelling like fakes of the first release.
    Ziiiiing!

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    What else have you been told ? I once heard a guy in Flin Flon Manitoba bought a $3.00 knock off version of Drakkar Noir when he stopped by a drugstore in Toronto. Its a pretty crazy world, isn't it ?!
    I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by ChoppedGarlic View Post
    Ziiiiing!
    You knew it was coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
    The GIT I got at Neiman Marcus in Beverly Hills has Arabic writing on the box. Mind you, it's just one line on the bottom. Do you mean you see boxes entirely in Arabic? A counterfeiter would probably want their boxes to blend in, and thus create boxes in the language of the country they are sold in, i.e. English in the US. Some places get genuine fragrances intended for distribution to other countries.
    True. On the original box there is one line of Arabic script under the made in France on the lower right side of the bottom of the box. However, ehat I've seen from some of the discount kiosk/stores is a sticker with Arabic on it and they sell much less than the original. Could be that they were indeed intended for a different market, but the price doesn't jive. I'd stick with the boutique or Neimans.

save up more cash, then buy it direct from Creed. or get a decant. no point buying indirectly from somewhere and then worrying over its genuineness.

Well, I guess you read and read and then you get paralysis. For Example, here are two bottles I got of MI. First, side by side comparisons

and the reverse sides

Front of the bottle on the right, notice how the accent mark in Millisime is almost part of the letter

Now the left bottle, and it appears a little more separated

Now the top of the nozzle

bottle on the right

bottle on the left

Now the bottle on the right, the juice looks a little bit greener in hue

Bottle on the right, a tester from Fragrence x, the bottle on the right, a trade from a basenoter with great feedback. Came in a Creed box, arabic writing. It has the serial number on the box, and very faint arabic sticker on back. Both have the 08 serial number, the right bottle ends in A01, the Arabic/left bottle ends in B01.

Now, in reading over some threads, there was one a while back where the stickers were different. Here is a 2.5 bottle of GIT without a sticker and without any accent mark in the word Millisime

Also, the bottle on the write, no gold flaking or gold lettering in the big CREED at the top front, but on the left/Arabic, it is flaking off, and it is gold like the GIT

So, is Creed making different bottles over time, or for different markets? The bottle on the right, the nozzle word Creed feels a little indented or going inward, whereas the left/Arabic the Creed feels flush or straight across. Other than that, the tubing curves inward to a bottom corner, the nozzle head underneath is fully white, the crimping looks about the same.

So, is the coloration of juice a batch varation, or signs of faking? What about the decals, white vs. the metallic? Now that said, I have sprayed the bottles on me. The right one smells more metallic/alchoholic at first, the left/Arabic one smells more MI from the nozzle, yet both smell the same within 2 minutes of application and both appear the same after an hour and last about the same, 6 hours.

So, am I obsessing (ok, I can plead guilty to that) or is one a fake and if so, is it the left or right?

By the way, I have the 2.5 GIT (a size they say is seldom faked), a decant of GIT from a flacon split done here, and a 4.0 black bottle of GIT and they all smell the same, but the black bottle says Green Irish Tweed on front and no mention of Millisime but you see what the 2.5 ounce says, Millisime without the accent mark.

It may be that someone wants to carry on a private message conversation about the Imperial bottles, whether they are a fake, etc. and that would be great, or maybe do it here and others can learn.

NOW< with all that, is the real juice of Aventus, the big word Creed on the front at top, if you turn it around, do you see what appears to be the whitish backing of the lettering, just as with the MI bottle, you see the gold backing of the gold leaf of CREED on the front (the bottle with gold leaf). I saw a pic of one with it that had silver (where the gold in MI is) and if you turned the bottle around and looked through the juice to the back of the CREED word, it appeared whitish.

If so, and if MI and GIT are that way, then is the right bottle of MI a fake?
    Last edited by finsfan; 17th August 2011 at 12:59 AM.

I know, sometimes I wonder if I'm fake too.