Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: What's the crime with chest hair?

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    American here. Look, a man should be all natural IMO. No shaving, tweezing, especially waxing, and NO, NO plastic surgery! The only things I think a man should probably tweeze is his nose, if hairs are hanging out and a unibrow. Leave everything else alone! Oh and the occasional facial shave. But chest hair/body hair..keep it! When I think of a man getting waxed..ewww. Keep the hair! It's manly!.
    The sixties are long over.
    You have to remember that in the first season of Star Trek, Captain Kirk kept displaying his chest full of manly hair - it didn't work.
    In the next seasons, his chest was neatly shaved - and thus it has been ever since.
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    I wish I had his pectorials!

Yes, electric close trimming is much easier than shaving or waxing, and I think you're right, it is the best of both worlds.
    Regards,
    Renato
    I wish I had a link to post of a certain dandy from the 19th century. What pecs he had, a they were probably covered with jasmine perfume!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Walk proud!. It's great to know REAL MEN are making a comeback.

I keep my chest hair but use a body groomer to trim it down

After a pretty long phase of shaving or waxing it all, I have reverted to going natural for a while - for no particular reason, other than sheer curiosity about how I might look like the more manly way - if I don't like it, I can always change my mind and remove

I absolutely love my chest hair! But that hasn't always been the case. When i was younger I used to hate it. I think I shaved it from my early teens up until now in my mid 20's. Looking back i don't know how I did it. It just wasn't comfortable shaving the whole chest. And I didn't have the money nor was I that dedicated to go get it waxed. Never could get any of the creams you can get to remove it to work as good as shaving either so I was stuck. And my chest hair isn't horrible by any means. Its light colored, not real thick and not curly. I guess being younger I just had myself convinced that girls didn't like chest hair. And maybe the younger girls dont/didnt. But then as I got older and started letting my beard grow out more than I ever had and seeing the response I got from that I just said fuck it and stopped shaving the chest. I stopped wearing under shirts underneath all my button down shirts for work and started letting my inner "hoff" show lol. And since I have its been nothing but great. I immediately started getting compliments from the ladies at work and anytime I was out and about. I guess I look more natural when I don't shave everything off me. Ill still take my beard trimmer to it every couple of months just to keep it look a little shorter but its still enough to run your fingers through.

I can't believe I'm read and contributed to a thread about chest hair haha

I believe that hair is part of traditional masculinity. My wife enjoys it....I think! ;-)
    Being heterosexual I find wierd men with shaved body hair, specially when it is just starting to grow and you notice that little black dots that are growing hairs! I am not judging, it is just the way I feel about it.
    I mean, one thing is shaving completely and other thing is trimming!

I've experimented with both, and prefer the hairy chest. A bare chest can look great if you have a great body, but the itching those first few days was annoying to say the least. Another thing about removing chest hair that doesn't get talked about enough is that if you choose to do it, aren't you obligated to remove the rest of your hair (arms, legs, back, etc) as well? A man with a bare chest and hairy arms and legs would look ridiculous, imo...

The itching is not an issue if one waxes instead of shaving. Also, it lasts much longer.

As for whether waxing/shaving chest requires waxing/shaving the rest, it depends. I'd say for people with normal amount of hair, it's not a big deal if there's some hair on the legs or the arms. For very hairy, black-haired people, I agree it would look a little strange - especially having a shiny chest and a gorilla back.

cacio

Pah!

I'm a bloke, I have tons of body hair.

Strong! Like Bull.

The day I think about shaving it off is the day I go and get myself measured for a bra and put on lip stick.