Code of Conduct

Lightbulb Tell me great woody scents besides Gucci PH, Rochas Lui and Equus. Help me guys.

I want another POWERFUL great woody spicy scent, easy to find on websites, and not bold or too old school like 70´s. Do you know some? Thanks

Default Re: Tell me great woody scents besides Gucci PH, Rochas Lui and Equus. Help me guys.

Pi Neo

Davidoff Adventure

Vetiver Extreme

Man by Calvin Klein

Gucci PH II

Terre d'Hermes

Chanel Egoiste

Givenchy pour Homme by Givenchy

Black Jeans by Versace

Default Re: Tell me great woody scents besides Gucci PH, Rochas Lui and Equus. Help me guys.

Offrez-Lui
    Sportissimo
    Lem

CDG Wonderwood, Diptyque Tam Dao, MPG Santal Noble

M7

Basenotes Plus

Plus 1 for the incredible Egoiste
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Habit Rouge by Guerlain - Oriental with a lot of Brazilian Rosewood
    Vetiver by Guerlain - IMO the most faithful Vetiver on the Market
    Comme des Garcons Series 2 Red: Sequoia -

Santos de Cartier

Ted Lapidus Pour Lui
    YSL Jazz

Wonderwood
    He Wood by Dsquared

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Santos de Cartier
    Santos is great! i got the concentree version some months ago!

How about a nice Borneo pure Oud oil - pretty damn woody!

Chanel Egoiste

+1 on both Sequoia amd Egoiste and I'll add

Arpege Pour Homme (woody spicy)
    Idole (not exactly a woody frangrance but has a remarkable woody aspect)
    Xeryus (sweet woody/ambery)

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Basenotes Plus

SL Serge Noire

Lutens Féminité du Bois

Give Christian Lacroix Tumulte a try. Its got a mentholated tinge to its incense/woody dry down accord.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Tam Dao - very simple Sandalwood and Cedar combination that lasts a long time.

Favorite woody scent bar none: Chene by Serge Lutens.

Cartier's Declaration Essence. It contains cedar, birch, and rosewood among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by voidvader View Post
    I want another POWERFUL great woody spicy scent, easy to find on websites, and not bold or too old school like 70´s. Do you know some? Thanks
    Polo Explorer -- woods, citrus, leather, amber

Serge Lutens - Chêne
    Serge Lutens - Serge Noire
    Comme des garcons - Wonderwood
    Juicy Couture - Dirty English
    Hermès - Rocabar

The three woodiest scents I own - akin to having chain-sawed wood and rubbed the shavings all over - are Gucci PH, Gucci Rush and Fendi Life Essence.
    Lagerfeld Kapsule Woody is pretty woody too.
    Renato

Le Labo - Rose 31. Principally cedar.

I'll throw a couple of oddballs into the mix:

Quorum Silver - Massive cedar, underpinned with guaiac wood and spices - contemporary, cheap & excellent longevity (don't let the Quorum name put you off if you don't dig the old school scents!)

Lauder Brasil Dream for Him - Woody, spicy, peppery - slightly boozy quality - good longevity and available pretty cheap - don't let the dodgy name put you off what is a great fragrance...!

Off-Scenter

L'Anarchiste
    Chêne
    Exhale
    Encre Noire
    Patchouli Homme
    Givenchy Vetyver
    Ormonde Man
    (may be too subtle for the OP's purposes)
    Santal Noble
    French Lover/Bois d'Orage
    Anvers 2
    Déclaration
    (perhaps)
    Basala (can be hard to find, but one of the very best)

you have named some of the best there is.. something in similar vain and not old school and, easy to find... hmmm..

Baldessarini Concentree
    Dunhill Custom
    Lancome Hypnose
    Guerlain Heritage EDP

Jack Black Signature Black Mark is a great red cedar and saffron fragrance, one of my favorite woody scents. Rather inexpensive for an EDP as well.

I'd recommend trying to get a sample of Molecule 01 myself. I believe this one is bolder than it appears to some. Better yet, you can try making your own blend cheap by diluting Iso E Super. But for designer bottles, I'd check out Rocky Mountain Wood or the original Tommy Bahama for men.

Dark Aoud.....
    Memoir..........

comme des garcons Hinoki

freshly chipped wood. its nice! wish i could describe more better.