Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrance: Guerlain Le Bolshoi 2011 Edition Limitee

From cafleurebon.com:

I wait for everything new from Guerlain. Although I`m not a 'guerlainophile', I do appreciate most of his classic perfumes and consider a lot of them as Masterpieces. Vetiver, Derby, Mouchoir de Monsieur, L`Instant pour Homme, Eau de Guerlain, Jicky, Parure, Mitsouko, Sous le Vent;I own all the masculines and the most of feminines made by Guerlain. Habit Rouge was one of the very first in my collection – the precious present from Parisian woman in perestroika years. To be a Russian perfumista is often difficult – imagine reading all the blogs (especially CaFleureBon) and know that the niche and indie perfumes are made in other countries, and will not ship to Russia.

Guerlain perfumes have been the permanent symbol of luxury in Russia since XIX century.So when I`ve heard some rumours about a new Guerlain perfume with Russian background to be launched this year, I was overwhelmed with joy. At first I didn't understand the connection. «Большой» и Guerlain – they seems so different! But think of it as a pas de deux!

Since January 2011, a long-time collaboration was made public. Guerlain had become an official sponsor of Bolshoi theatre: Guerlain sponsored some ballet premieres in Russia and abroad, and also helped financially to reconstruct and renovate the Bolshoi`s main stage. The construction work is near completion– the opening gala-concert is planned on 28th of October 2011.

Guerlain and Bolshoi have much in common. Both are classical brands, with their history deeply rooted in past – and after centuries each still devoted to innovation in their fine arts. Both has been the choice of Emperors – Napoleon III Bonaparte for example. Guerlain has about 500 launches and keeps its formulas in archives. The Bolshoi has about 800 successful performances in its history. Guerlain has its international hits: Shalimar, Mitsouko and Samsara – while Bolshoi is famous by its own Boris Godunov, The Nutcracker, Knize Igor… I believe that Swan`s Lake of Chaikovsky (1877) is even more of a classical than Jicky Guerlain (1889), if you forgive me that bold comparison.

There other similarities. Just have a look at Bolshoi façade and Guerlain headquarters -they share some scent. Backstage at the Bolshoi smells powdery, dusty, mysterious, the scent of maquillage, floral bouquets and the dancers' own musk.

“Le Bolshoi 2011 edition limitee” by Guerlain, new limited edition perfume to will launch in October 2011. Its formula is based upon one of Jean-Paul Guerlain compositions . Its Baccarat flacon (60 ml, 2 oz) was made for Jicky in XIX century, and supplied with air bulb in white silken pouch.

The notes sounds in most classical way: the live entrée bergamot, petitgrain, bitter orange and neroli are heralds of sweet and intoxicating flower heart. Bright tropical Jasmine and Ylang-ylang with tender Violet and Fleur d`Orange make some flowery pas de quatre. And the coda is sweet vanilla, tonka beans and white musks complemented by dry incense (symbolizing Russian) spirituality.

“Le Bolshoi 2011 edition limitee” will be launched in 27th of October 2011, exclusively in Maison Guerlain of TSUM (Moscow), the department store just next to Bolshoi theatre. Price is 13 000 Russian Roubles (about 420 US dollars).

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrance: Guerlain Le Bolshoi 2011 Edition Limitee

wowwwwwww!! please make it to the UK! else any fellow Russian friends willing to help out

Gorgeous!
    I'll always make time for cats and roses

My great loves:
    Mitsouko, L'Heure Bleue, Caron Pour un Homme, Dune, Fat Electrician, Oxford and Cambridge, Eau de Campagne, Elixir des Merveilles, Sarrasins, MKK, Ambre Sultan, Tocade, Dzing!

Current obsessions:
    Le Temps d'Une Fête, Tom of Finland, Jasmin et Cigarette, Dirty (not dirty at all )

"Perfume is an invisible art form, and yet one of the most evocative and personal."

Maybe they should slow down on the new releases and finish the ones that still need work. :-\

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Price is 13 000 Russian Roubles (about 420 US dollars).
    Thanks for sharing. Anyway price is ridiculous. I would rather buy.

2x 100ml bottles of Musc Ravageur
    or
    4x 100ml bottles of Dior Homme Intense
    or
    6x 75ml bottles of L'Instant Exxtreme

Or 1 of each and save $50
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Sounds luxurious, but the price tag is getting ridiculous like the new creed releases.

For me the heart notes don't look promising.

Thx for sharing! It sounds, by the notes, like a reedition of Les Secrets de Sophie with a new label, doesn't it? The price is the same too.

Basenotes Institution

Sounds lovely and I love the Bolshoi connection.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. G View Post
    Thx for sharing! It sounds, by the notes, like a reedition of Les Secrets de Sophie with a new label, doesn't it? The price is the same too.
    I was thinking the same thing. LSdS is not one of my favorites - a bit too 'big' of a floral.

Yeah, the jasmine is rather huge and indolic for sure! What's interesting about it, for me, is how the bitter orange, violet leaf and frankincense make it quite dry and androgynous. I've asked the Paris boutique about it - they didn't know! Shows that special launches abroad doesn't go through the boutique but the marketing department The SA will get back to me to confirm whether it really is Les Secrets de Sophie or not.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. LSdS is not one of my favorites - a bit too 'big' of a floral.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. G View Post
    ...What's interesting about it, for me, is how the bitter orange, violet leaf and frankincense make it quite dry and androgynous...
    As an aside, I'm quite excited that frankincense is being used as a part of a big, symphonic floral creation. For a while it seemed like Amouage was left holding the thurible.

As a gigantic ballet nerd who has seen the Bolshoi many times, I'm pretty excited to give this a sniff at some point. Hope it hits the Vegas boutique eventually.

Thank you, JC!! I always love hearing of the limited editions.

I think of the Ballet Russes and think of Diaghilev. Didn't he wear Guerlain? I know Roja Dove has a scent named after him.

http://www.nstperfume.com/2010/06/08...v-new-perfume/
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Institution

Diaghilev wore Mitsouko ,Primrose. His dancers wore Caron's Narcisse Noir ,chosen by himself. I just love all the history .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Lets hope some show up somewhere , it sounds stunning

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I think of the Ballet Russes and think of Diaghilev ]
    I think of crêpe suzette.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Definately want to sample this one.... cool to know that Guerlain helped financially to reconstruct and renovate the Bolshoi`s main stage.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

One bottle of Le Bolshoi was sold yesterday at Ebay for 750 dollars...
    =(