Code of Conduct

Lightbulb Acteur and Live Jazz: Are they good for daily wear?

I see many people impressed with azzaro acteur... and live jazz seems to be well told here on BN. What are your impressions?

Default Re: Acteur and Live Jazz: Are they good for daily wear?

Well, certainly Live Jazz can be used in any climate, even in the hottest day, in fact its mint note is rather refreshing, but Acteur, one of my favorite fragrances, in its floral aspect, can be overpowering to some people in the heat. There is also another aspect: Live Jazz is quite more casual than Acteur, which to some people is a must. As they are so different, not only in fragrance but in use, you can go for both without any risk.

Out of these two, Live Jazz has great everyday wear-suitability

IMO both very fine scents good for anytime wear.

Sur la Plage

I like and own both - and they both can be worn daily if you wish to do so.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Out of the two, I would undoubtedly plump for Live Jazz. Acteur starts well, but an hour in, and its becoming a little tedious on me. The attractive rose note has receded, and all that's left is an amber and musk residue. Live Jazz works particularly well in warmer weather, and I tend to reserve my use of it to the very hottest of days. It's remarkably stimulating

You gotta love Live Jazz out of the two, perfect fragrance for a hot Summers day.

li e jazz is very casual and works well every day especially during the summer, Acteur is a very well blended and natural smelling rose backed with musk mace and cardamom. I would say you could wear it in the day and a signature scent as well, it does smell very good

I didn't like live jazz. The dry down on me was a gross fruit loopish aquatic smell that lasted for a really long time.

It reminded me of the new gucci fragrance GUILTY.

Live Jazz is incredible. I used to think it was a bit overhyped and overrated, because it almost seems simple-- but it's one of the most perfectly performing scents I've ever worn. I get so many compliments on it for starters-- you don't have to wear a lot of it but people really take notice of it. Very fresh and citric, but also smells totally natural and inviting. A bit off-the-beaten-path for a citrus.

It's difficult to describe, but there is something about the "pitch" that Live Jazz resonates at that makes it very easy for people to smell. it's rather high-pitched, but just soft enough that it's easy on the nose. It seems to be constructed of topnotes which have both amazing projection AND longevity.

I think those who have it in their drobes are sometimes unaware what a secret weapon Live Jazz can be if given more skin time-- especially on oppressively hot days. The ambergris accord gives it a bit of a Creed-y kind of feel. Live Jazz was composed by Pierre Bourdon who also did Green Irish Tweed-- and I suspect had a hand in several of the Creed offerings.

The soft, musky salty/sweet base is very sensual and gives a smooth counterpoint to the crisp, sharpness of the top.

Definitely good for daily wear.

Live Jazz is definitely good for daily wear! Haven't tried Acteur yet!
    "Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each!" - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    Live Jazz is incredible. I used to think it was a bit overhyped and overrated, because it almost seems simple-- but it's one of the most perfectly performing scents I've ever worn. I get so many compliments on it for starters-- you don't have to wear a lot of it but people really take notice of it. Very fresh and citric, but also smells totally natural and inviting. A bit off-the-beaten-path for a citrus.

It's difficult to describe, but there is something about the "pitch" that Live Jazz resonates at that makes it very easy for people to smell. it's rather high-pitched, but just soft enough that it's easy on the nose. It seems to be constructed of topnotes which have both amazing projection AND longevity.

I think those who have it in their drobes are sometimes unaware what a secret weapon Live Jazz can be if given more skin time-- especially on oppressively hot days. The ambergris accord gives it a bit of a Creed-y kind of feel. Live Jazz was composed by Pierre Bourdon who also did Green Irish Tweed-- and I suspect had a hand in several of the Creed offerings.

The soft, musky salty/sweet base is very sensual and gives a smooth counterpoint to the crisp, sharpness of the top.

+1 to this entire piece, and particularly the bold parts.

I owned it as a newbie and was so excited about it that I picked it as a Basenotes name (not the only reason I picked LiveJazz, but still...). Then I became bored of it and swapped it away. Then I craved it several years later and reacquired it. And now, almost 6 years after my initial infatuation, it's one of my very few 5-star, no-regrets, own-it-forever scents.

It is really, really good and Indie says exactly why above.

I have not smelled Acteur, but I am interested in it.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Yes, both can be worn during the day. As previously stated, Live Jazz performs brilliantly and is perfect for hot weather and sunny days. Acteur can also be worn though personally I would hesitate to wear in the heat. I would perhaps wear it on a cooler summer eve but that's just me. Both are great fragrances IMO.
    La vita breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Live Jazz is a great daily wear (mind you I wear anything any time) and it's cheap too!
    Just make sure you actually like it before you buy it.

Wink Re: Acteur and Live Jazz: Are they good for daily wear?

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post

A beautiful review of this addictive juice. I am at times haunted by its phantom out of a blue from time to time. B-)