Code of Conduct

Default Fake Azzaro Chrome (pics included)?

Hi.

Been lurking these forums for a while now and made several good blind buys based on the recommendations and reviews here. A big thank-you-all for that.

Now, however, I've seemed to run into my first fake. I bought Azzarro Chrome off ebay some days ago and it arrived today. The box was sealed with cellophane so it seemed legit.

After unboxing the bottle and smelling the stuff things didn't seem so legit anymore; the liquid smells literally like a generic bar of soap. I'm getting absolutely none of the notes described in the fragrance directory or in the reviews I've seen/read. After this I went online and looked for pictures of Chrome and in every one of them the box looks different. Another shady detail is that there are two stickers on the bottom of the bottle I received with the other one quite sloppily positioned.

I'm pretty sure it's a fake from the smell alone but still wanted to make sure before taking it up with the seller. What do you guys think?

The box:

Serial numbers:

Bottle & box:

Two stickers on the bottom of the bottle:

Default Re: Fake Azzaro Chrome (pics included)?

The bottle line is, if you are truly not happy with it, then return it if you can.

The bottle and box look legit to me. It would be unusual for a 30ml bottle to be faked. The second sticker could just be a machine malfunction. I've tried Chrome, but it was a long time ago and I can't recall much about it. Maybe your bottle has turned?

You said, "After this I went online and looked for pictures of Chrome and in every one of them the box looks different." Do you mean the pics were different to your box, or that every pic was different?
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    The bottle and box look legit to me. It would be unusual for a 30ml bottle to be faked. The second sticker could just be a machine malfunction. I've tried Chrome, but it was a long time ago and I can't recall much about it. Maybe your bottle has turned?

You said, "After this I went online and looked for pictures of Chrome and in every one of them the box looks different." Do you mean the pics were different to your box, or that every pic was different?
    Bad phrasing, sorry. I meant that the pics were different to my box. Every picture of the 1oz box I found looks like this. There are several differences between that and what I got including the placement of the embossed pattern and that in my box it says "Vaporisateur Spray" on the bottom section of the front while on all the pics it's "Natural Spray" placed on the middle of the blue colored area.

Quote Originally Posted by day1 View Post
    Bad phrasing, sorry. I meant that the pics were different to my box. Every picture of the 1oz box I found looks like this. There are several differences between that and what I got including the placement of the embossed pattern and that in my box it says "Vaporisateur Spray" on the bottom section of the front while on all the pics it's "Natural Spray" placed on the middle of the blue colored area.
    Yeah, I see what you mean. But if it's a fake, then it's a good one. Maybe you have an older style box which could also explain the fragrance being 'turned'. Hopefully someone with more Chrome knowledge than myself will chime in.
    Last edited by morrison74; 18th August 2011 at 08:48 PM.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Can you get yourself, and the bottle, to a department store to do a side by side test?

Wanted

Simply return it if you believe its fake.

For me it doesn't look fake. And I think there is no 30 ml Chrome fakes...
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Why would someone even both making a fake? The profit margin simply isn't there on a 30ml relatively cheap fragrance, is it?

So you're saying that you've never even smelled Chrome before, but you think this is a fake because it "doesn't match the reviews in the directory?" I hate to say this, but Chrome has always smelled like a generic bar of soap to me. It's probably the real deal.

Personally, I have no issues with people wondering about fakes, but if you've never even smelled the scent in question (especially something so common as Chrome), then it's kind of a frivolous complaint IMO. Before you go back accusing the seller of selling you a fake, you need to go to a department store and test Chrome for yourself so you can compare the two.

Hi.

the liquid smells literally like a generic bar of soap.
    Chrome SMELLS like a generic bar of soap, so probably you got the real thing.
    Or maybe you got lucky and got a fake, good for you because ANYTHING would smell better than Chrome.
    Last edited by PerfumeCollector; 17th August 2011 at 11:11 PM.

It's obviously Zinc and not Chrome... Return it
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

Blimey - do we think people go to the trouble of faking Chrome when it sells from legit retailers for £10? I'm surprised buying it off eBay when you include the postage works out less than that in whatever your currency is.

lol descriptions of scents, and perceptions of the same scents can vary more than you first realise.

Agree that this is a frivolous thread and a 30ml fake of a discount fragrance is unlikely

It could just be old stock, but it's highly unlikely that it's fake.

Basenotes Plus

What do you guys think?
    I think you should get out more often. Y'know? Smell some real-world stuff...

Everything in the pics look real to me. Aside from saving a few bucks on ebay, this bottle can be found at discount tjmaxx, marshalls and ross for cheap.

Thanks for the replies.

I guess I was hasty in calling it a fake but the box just threw me off a bit and quite frankly I couldn't imagine a "bestseller" to smell like this. Some people were also comparing it to Armani White which I enjoyed and used for several years before it got discontinued. The contents of the bottle I received, however, resemble more of something one would use to clean a kitchen sink.

The reason buying it off ebay was that it's not currently available on department stores where I live which is also why I relied on reviews and the best-selling status. Oh well, not a big loss.

Conclusion: Chrome, I do not like you.

Hi.

I'm sure that there is so many people who needs help about whether their Azzaro Chrome is fake or original. So i registered to this website only to send this post

This perfume is definitely fake. I bought Azzaro Chrome online. It was very cheap and the coverage looks fake (looks low quality. and i think it's different than the original coverage). So i decided to make some research online. I saw your perfume's serial number. Haha, maybe you won't believe me but it's the same as my perfume's serial number

Mine is: 3351500920013

So if you see this serial number, you can be sure that it's fake.

By the way, you can check the serial numbers of products you bought using this website. It works i think:

http://checkcosmetic.net/

Sorry for my English
    Last edited by fake azzaro; 23rd January 2014 at 11:28 PM.

^^^ That bar code number should be the same among the same fragrance if they were produced/packaged at a similar time. I just checked a few frags that I have backup bottles of, and they are all the same. And they are definitely real.

The batch code in OP's 2.5 year old pic is actually 006249 10159.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    ^^^ That bar code number should be the same among the same fragrance if they were produced/packaged at a similar time. I just checked a few frags that I have backup bottles of, and they are all the same. And they are definitely real.

The batch code in OP's 2.5 year old pic is actually 006249 10159.
    Ahh i didn't know that. Thank you for the information.

But OP bought it in August 2011, and i bought it in January 2014. Is it possible that they have the same bar code numbers?

Also when i enter the bar code of another perfume, it works on checkcosmetic website. But this bar code doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by fake azzaro View Post
    Ahh i didn't know that. Thank you for the information.

But OP bought it in August 2011, and i bought it in January 2014. Is it possible that they have the same bar code numbers?

Also when i enter the bar code of another perfume, it works on checkcosmetic website. But this bar code doesn't work.
    Yeah, the bar code number should be the same unless they changed something about the fragrance such as packaging.

I believe you are entering in the wrong code in checkcosmetic... I just tried '006249' from OP's pic and it came up as June 2010, which would seem right considering the original date of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Yeah, the bar code number should be the same unless they changed something about the fragrance such as packaging.

I believe you are entering in the wrong code in checkcosmetic... I just tried '006249' from OP's pic and it came up as June 2010, which would seem right considering the original date of this thread.

Hmmmmmm.

Mine is 301202.

Date of manufacture:
    January 2013

But this also can be a fake code, right?

Oh God, how can i be sure that my perfume is original

Banned
    Blog Entries

Chrome is a top seller in most drug stores and cheap..
    I see no point in anyone faking a 20-30 dollar scent..

But in Turkey 50 ml is sold for 140 TL and i bought for 58 TL. Is it normal?

Hmmmmmm.

Mine is 301202.

Date of manufacture:
    January 2013

Good news, your bottle that you previously thought was definitely fake is likely real

Like Tony said, even though this is a very popular scent, I don't think there are abundant fakes of this one due to the low price point.

Thank you very much

30ml seizes are never fakes when they are also sold in 50 and 100ml. The fake Azzaro Chromes are all 100ml's!
    It smells indeed soapy, out of the shower fresh and generic by the way (but I love it!).
    I am 100% sure you have the real deal!
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - Davidoff: Leather Blend Edp
    - Dior: Eau Sauvage Parfum
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Van Cleef & Arpels: Pour Homme
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

By smell maybe?

Hmmmmmm.

Mine is 301202.

Date of manufacture:
    January 2013

My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - Davidoff: Leather Blend Edp
    - Dior: Eau Sauvage Parfum
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Van Cleef & Arpels: Pour Homme
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerized View Post
    By smell maybe?
    It's a gift for someone so i can't open the coverage and smell it

30 ml fake, that too of chrome? I don't think so.
    Plus, Chrome does smell like soap to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy View Post
    30 ml fake, that too of chrome? I don't think so.
    Plus, Chrome does smell like soap to me!
    That's why i like Chrome