Code of Conduct

Default Best Way to Keep My Fragrance

Hey guys, I am looking for the best way to store my Fragrances. I have searched the board and found some people talking about refrigeration, and others talking about the closet. I do not want to get a fridge to store my Fragrances, and I would still like to have them out in some form to see them. I was looking for more of a wooden chest or cabinet to store them in. However I have been unable to find something suitable. Anybody have any ideas, or places to look? I currently have 25 bottles, and growing. So something to accommodate a growing collection would be best. Thank you!!!!

Default Re: Best Way to Keep My Fragrance

Best way to keep fragrances:

- dark rooms
    - low/cool temperature

Other options:

- keep in fridge

Simply a cool, dry cabinet or shelf, refrigeration is useful but not mandatory

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Best way to keep fragrances:

- dark rooms
    - low/cool temperature
    That's it in a nutshell.

Just place them in a cool dark place. I have mine on a shelf. They barely get any sunlight.

Maybe a heavy wooden chest or similar?
    It's worth pointing out that refrigeration (from what I've read on this forum) probably doesn't mean a standard fridge because it's too cold but rather a wine fridge or similar that operates a higher (but still cool) temperature.

Seriously though, I've kept my fragrances in a cardboard box and out of any direct heat or sunlight and my fragrances are fine despite the Australian summers. Some of them are around 15 years old and still good so try not to get too hung up on storage.

there was another thread where someone had gotten a bread box of his taste and store his fragrance bottles in it. you might need more than one when your collection grows.
    I have 'recycled' an oriental looking box/mini cabinet from an inexpensive home decoration shop (it holds my 30 bottles big and small). I can open the doors to enjoy looking at them from time to time.
    you can get creative