Code of Conduct

Default Prada Amber pour Homme vs Prada Amber pour home intense

Prada Amber pour Homme vs Prada Amber pour home intense...what is the difference in terms of scent, projection and longevity
    thanks everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Prada Amber pour Homme vs Prada Amber pour home intense

To me Prada Amber pour Homme is nice but a bit soapy and predictable. Amber pour Homme Intense has a stronger (and sweeter) oriental feel with a bit more interest and development. Finishes nicely. Can't speak to sillage and longevity because i have only sampled them in bed.

The original for me is much better, more elegant refined and soapy. The intense to me has too much patchouli and is a synthetic mess.. Longevity was never an issue with the original..i get 10 hours Everytime. Go to your nearest Macy's or nordstroms and test them out yourself...

I slightly prefer the Intense version, but honestly don't much care for either one. The original is an uber-soapy, detergent like scent, while the Intense has a bit more body and a slightly dirty undercurrent that helps balance it out. Longevity and projection both seem well-above average for these.

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    honestly don't much care for either one.
    Same here.

I love them both. The original is a barbershoppy, soapy scent with a hint of candy chewing gum cigarettes. Intense is remarkable in that it echoes the signature of the original but picks up a bit of what I like about the Prada Amber Pour Femme EDP with its heavy patchouli/labdanum base.

I didn't quite love Intense at first sniff, because I was unsure of its longevity-- but it's gone into heavy rotation and it's versatile enough for any season. On me, I actually find Intense to wear like a mini-Musc Ravageur. It's a bit cleaner and a touch fruitier, but has a lot of bergamot/oriental/vanilla absolute/musc and feels like a cousin to MR. I can see where some would be underwhelmed with Intense, especially those who haven't spent enough time testing it, but it's one of my favorite releases from the past two years.
    "He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative."-- G.K. Chesterton

I gave the intense another try it's really growing on me, I'n your opinion you think they are different enough to own both? I lobe the original

I dismissed the intense version based on reviews i've read that it's not up to par with the original (which i own) so i passed it all the time in the mall. I went to the mall today after work and my Rose31 was dying down by that point so i figured why not stop by the saks counter and try something on, so i went for intense and i was pleasantly suprised. I'm not sure who mentioned it in the past but this defintely has a vibe of a grown up version of la nuit, very classy/elegant vibe. Not sure if its FB worthy, but i will continue to sample it and test it out. Longevity is no issue but does seem to sit a bit closer to the skin after the 2hour mark.

I really did not care for Prada Amber on a scent strip. The intense smelled significantly more my style, though I admit I did not like either enough to try wearing.
    Current favorites_____Roja Dove Amber Aoud_____Montale Aoud Musk_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Avignon_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Lumiere Noire_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    The original for me is much better, more elegant refined and soapy. The intense to me has too much patchouli and is a synthetic mess.. Longevity was never an issue with the original..i get 10 hours Everytime. Go to your nearest Macy's or nordstroms and test them out yourself...
    This was pretty much my impression having sampled both side by side on either arm. I ended up purchasing the original and will be receiving it in the mail tomorrow, but given how I favored the original and the intense is much more expensive to acquire on top of that, it was a fairly easy decision