Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrances: Histoires de Parfums - Editions Rare

From fragrantica.com:

Histoires de Parfums has introduced their new collection, Editions Rare, which includes three fragrances:

ROSAM
    PETROLEUM
    AMBRAREM

This collection is made of 19% juice concentration. The perfumes will be available in November 2011.

According to the concept, perfumes introduce three finest possible and very characteristic examples of three kind of scents: animalic, vegetable and synthetic.

Animalic scent, - AMBRAREM, - is based on notes of ambergris , which are very fine and have been treasured though history. Its musky animalic and very appealing scent is mixed with a reshreshing green note of pepper.

Plant scent, - ROSAM, - represents the olfactive aristocracy in the vegetable world, oud and rose, simply made for each other.

Synthetic scent - PETROLEUM, - represents the scent we inhale every day. Made of benign ingredients, Petroleum emanates an awe-inspiring scent from the perfume bottle which is, I have to admit, very pleasant.

Editions Rare will be available only in halfbottles due to their exclusivity and high price of finest materials used in their compositions. Halfbottles of all perfumes will be available on the US market in a week.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrances: Histoires de Parfums - Editions Rare

All sound good and expensive

I enjoy this house.

Thank you for the update.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I'd like to try Ambareum

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    I'd like to try Ambareum
    Me too. Also Petroleum sound quite interesting to me.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Fascinating, thanks.
    Sans parfum, la peau est muette.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Thanks for the heads up. I'm a fan of this house & likely to sample all 3 when I get the chance. Let's hope they don't go the way of Le Labo with city exclusives.

All sound good, will have to get samples.

Sounds very interesting.

for swap/sale:

The samples still aren't on their website and I don't think luckyscent carries that house. Hopefully, the perfumed court gets some in stock soon.

Massive fan of this house and will definitely be checking these out!

Love HdP and will be keen to sample all 3; mostly anticipating petroleum.

I finally got to test Petroleum and what an experience...

The fragrance is pretty bizarre indeed being entirely built and conceived on juxtapositions. Resinous and intense but at the same time fresh and "ozonic", deep and obscure but surrounded by aldehydic notes, dark and animalic yet "clear" and somehow light. All the elements are handled in an almost "unseen" way. The oud/rose combo is nowhere similimar or somehow close to all of the previous interpretations of the accord, they're amphasized in their woody freshness avoiding the burnt-sugar and medicinal effect. Rose is detectable but masterfully blended with the rest. Deepness is provided by a consistent dose of resinous notes while civet juxtaposed to aldehydes and ozonic hints gives birth to a destabilizing and pleasantly dissonant accord during musky/ambery drydown. The base. This is the real point of strenght of Petroleum.

Wearable? I don't know yet I will have to test it a few more times before coming with my (very personal) final virdict but, so far, Petroleum is a true candidate to become one of the most interesting and intriguing compositions of this fall. Original without being too odd.
    Last edited by alfarom; 14th September 2011 at 09:14 AM.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'm very keen to experience this.

The idea that Petroleum is unique but not just for the sake of being different appeals to me.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post

The fragrance is pretty bizarre indeed being entirely built and conceived on juxtapositions. Resinous and intense but at the same time fresh and "ozonic", deep and obscure but surrounded by aldehydic notes, dark and animalic yet "clear" and somehow light. All the elements are handled in an almost "unseen" way. The oud/rose combo is nowhere similimar or somehow close to all of the previous interpretations of the accord, they're amphasized in their woody freshness avoiding the burnt-sugar and medicinal effect. Rose is detectable but masterfully blended with the rest. Deepness is provided by a consistent dose of resinous notes while civet juxtaposed to aldehydes and ozonic hints gives birth to a destabilizing and pleasantly dissonant accord during musky/ambery drydown. The base. This is the real point of strenght of Petroleum.

Wearable? I don't know yet I will have to test it a few more times before coming with my (very personal) final virdict but, so far, Petroleum is a true candidate to become one of the most interesting and intriguing compositions of this fall. Original without being too odd.
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post

Thanks, sounds like it has potential...can't wait to test it along with others in that house.