Code of Conduct

Thumbs up John Varvatos * USA

I went to the mall to sample code sport (total dud) and seen the new fragrance by John varvatos, Star USA. I knew there was something special about this fragrance for me when I sniffed it. Many of you might dismiss this and claim it fades into something unremarkable but, alas, smell again. It quickly transcends into this a wonderful green muck accord that I often fantasize about. Anyone remember Bobby Jones? Well, this is infinitely better. I am totally smitten by how good this smells to *me*. I hope the full range comes out with this one. I can't stop smelling this!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Default Re: John Varvatos * USA

I agree. Unlike most juices that wane as time goes by, Star starts off fresh and sporty then gets more intense and woody. A very "city-chic" scent.

I just picked this up as well. I am going to give it my first full wearing tomorrow. Very casual but nice scent.

I actually wrote about this one today in a thread below. I have a sample but haven't given it a wearing. At first I thought it was kind of generic but liked it more during the day as I smelled the card....skin test of course will be the one though. The SA told me Varvatos scents were meant to be layered so I actually tried it layered with the original Varvatos and it was very nice. Liked it alot.

Side Note: Like the Nordstroms here in Chicago because they put out sample vials for you to make your own testers. I kind of went on a binge to here, Niemans, Saks and other places.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Sur la Plage

I haven't found one Varvatos fragrance worth purchasing - and after sampling this, the streak remains intact.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

This didn't even last an hour on my skin.....Gary

No surprise petruccijc, you're a tough audience hahaha. G.303, it does seem to disappear but I believe it is still there. When I though it was gone, I walked out of the room I sprayed it in, came back and it was there it it's glory. I made the comparison with Bobby Jones but it also has a vibe of a long discontinued favorite, Avon American Classic but again, this is much better. I'm glad I found it!

So glad to hear the fall scents are starting to hit the shelves! Looking forward to giving this a test wearing soon, as I generally like the Varvatos stuff.

Found this to be somewhat mediocre.

I totally love the smell of this but I'm starting to agree with its poor longevity. It simply does not project and last. I can put on 6 sprays and its literally nonexistent in an hour. Come on JV, amp up the % oils and put it in a really classy square bottle. Then, I'd be a customer for life. This is a real gem but its a shame that it doesn't work harder for me.

Was at Nordstrom last weekend and the SAs were really pushing this one hard, multiple ones asked me in a span of a few minutes if I had tried it and they had it sitting on it's own little stand in the middle of the fragrance display (I'm surprised they did not have a skylight overhead illuminating to make it look like a gift from God himself). It really left no impression on me, it just smelled "good" for lack of a better word. Basically for people who just want to smell acceptable and don't necessarily want to garner any attention either positive or negative. I think they're hoping that young people graduating from axe/lower end pharmacy colognes will smell it in stores and buy it due to it being from a brand name designer and the fresh top notes. Anyone though with more than a handful of fragrances at least has several things that are equivalent, if not superior, to this.

Ugly bottle along with a plain scent to go with it