Code of Conduct

Default Direct comparison of Fake/Real JPG Le Male (Photos)

Hey Folks,

So, I'll start off this post with I really should have known better... I ran out of my Le Male a while back, and was starting to get the urge to buy myself another bottle, so I began shopping around. Being in Canada, frags are quite expensive, so I started shopping around on EBay. I looked specifically for sellers that are within Canada, to avoid getting myself a fake.

Boy, was I wrong about shopping in Canada to avoid fakes. I messaged the seller to find out if this was a legit JPG Le Male, and he said yes, it was. This is about all I could do, so I decided to give it a shot. I got a package a few days later, and I opened it up, and the first thing I thought to myself was "Waaaaiiiit a minute here, this isn't 4.2oz... and this isn't the right colour... no bottom sticker, no code, no engraving... and this isn't the right smell!" The smell was (very) slightly similar, but they definitely missed the mark.

Well, Here it goes:

So, as you all could think, I sat there and thought to myself "This was a huge waste of money", until something crazy crossed my eyes! Look through the pictures and see if you can spot it... don't read on until you find it

That's right! This is "Jean Paul Gaultter" Le Male! Once I realized this, I was ecstatic. Why you ask? Is it because I got an authentic "Gaultter", as he is the rarest scent-ist to ever live? No, not at all.

The fact that the listing was for a "Jean Paul Gaultier" Le Male, not Gaultter, I knew I would get my money back in a paypal dispute. This made me feel a little better, as I'd have leverage when asking for a refund (if it came down to that).

After writing the guy back regarding the product, he apologized as he had bought it himself and didn't like it WITHOUT realizing it was a fake, offered a refund, and offered to pay for return shipping.

Hopefully the guy goes out and buys some real Le Male. It's good juice!

Lesson Learned: DO NOT BUY JPG on EBay. I have bought numerous other scent on EBay without a problem, but this was a first for me.

I went out and bought a bottle from the Bay after ward... It was real. haha.

I hope this direct comparison can help a few people out there avoid fakes. I'm sure they are not all Jean Paul "Gaultter", but now you know what to look for.

Default Re: Direct comparison of Fake/Real JPG Le Male (Photos)

When joining this site before you click the agree button to register, I believe there is small print "don't buy le male on eBay". Gotta read the fine print

haha Agreed. Like I said, I should have known, as I do know better. But for some stupid reason, I decided to give it a shot. Hopefully this is informative to someone else. Don't think "This won't happen to me". Fakes of Le Male are everywhere... Unless you are looking for an Authentic Jean Paul Gaultter, then go nutts.
    Last edited by Deevo; 19th August 2011 at 05:08 AM.

Live and learn!

Whats up bro! I felt compelled to write. I got sold a few of these ! and I have in store Jean Paul Gaultier! guess what its real

The bottle make not be quite the same but the smell and whats in the bottle is the real deal. Smells exactly the same and lasts for a good day and a half.

I even did the compare and contrast with the stripe bottle with the one in Perfume shop and its the same. maybe a fake bottle same content

I know for a fact its from the same place they make JPG,

Quote Originally Posted by Ben M1d View Post

If this were the case, there would be no spelling mistakes on the packaging...

Good: Cet article ne peut etre vendu...
    Bad: Cet article ne peut etre venou...

Funny as hell.

NEVER buy Chanel Allure or Bleu line nor Le Male nor Creeds from ebay. NEVER.

Pretty good bottle for a counterfeit.

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Funny as hell.

NEVER buy Chanel Allure or Bleu line nor Le Male nor Creeds from ebay. NEVER.
    I bought my Creed off eBay! Millesime Imperial. Nine times out of ten you should be fine, just don't buy from sellers with a small amount of feedback or if the price seems to good to be true. Hasn't failed me yet.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    I bought my Creed off eBay! Millesime Imperial. Nine times out of ten you should be fine, just don't buy from sellers with a small amount of feedback or if the price seems to good to be true. Hasn't failed me yet.
    Disagree with that. The only stores I would trust buying from on ebay are ones who actually have legitimate websites like FragranceNet.

I bought 2 colognes last year on ebay and they both ended up being fake. Both from sellers with thousands of positive feedback and 99% feedback rating.

Hmph. Yeah I bought all of the fragrances I currently own, except for one, off of eBay (Gucci Pour Homme II). I even bought two bottles of D&G's By Man, which since it's been discontinued for quite some time and can fetch quite a bit of money, has an innumerable amount of fakes.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Quote Originally Posted by PradaG View Post
    When joining this site before you click the agree button to register, I believe there is small print "don't buy le male on eBay". Gotta read the fine print
    A lot of people seem to miss that. We should really ask to get that part bolded.

Always be careful when buying stuff on ebay. This site may help you to see if its legit or fake. http://checkcosmetic.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Ben M1d View Post
    Whats up bro! I felt compelled to write. I got sold a few of these ! and I have in store Jean Paul Gaultier! guess what its real

The bottle make not be quite the same but the smell and whats in the bottle is the real deal. Smells exactly the same and lasts for a good day and a half.

I even did the compare and contrast with the stripe bottle with the one in Perfume shop and its the same. maybe a fake bottle same content

Ummmm, no.
    Mark K

Banned
    Blog Entries

Lesson learned: don't buy any fragrances on ebay.

In Switzerland, it is even impossible to access any page relate to perfumes. Now i know why...

I just got a GIT that was fake, luckily the guy refunded it because he had no idea...He's still selling them though, but I noticed he made a change to his listing - "I do not guarantee this to be authentic, purchase at your own risk, no refunds" I don't think he'll be getting anymore sales...