Code of Conduct

Talking The 20 best purchases during a trip to paris

iF YOU WERE TRAVELING TO PARIS WHAT FRAGANCES WOULD YOU BUY...CRESCENT ORDER...FROM THE FIRST TO THE 20TH...???? THINK PLEASE THE BEST OF THE VERY BEST...
    MANY THANKS FOR ALL.
    AL

Default Re: The 20 best purchases during a trip to paris

My trips to Paris always result in a large number of purchases. Serge Lutens exclusives a must, of course, as they are available only there. Off the top of my head (but I'm sure I'm missing stuff), in decreasing order (best first):

1) Serge Lutens La Myrrhe
    2) Guerlain Vol de Nuit Parfum
    3) SL Sarrasins
    4) Parfums de Nicolai Temps d'une fete
    5) SL Iris Silver Mist
    6) Invasion Barbare (Parfums MDCI)
    7) Guerlain Chamade parfum
    8) Kurkdjian Absolue pour le soir homme
    9) Histoires de Parfums 1740
    10) Patricia de Nicolai Vetiver de Java (a candle, but wonderful perfume nonetheless)
    11) Montale Oud Cuir d'Arabie
    12) Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire
    13) Etat Libre d'Orange Secretions Magnifiques (just because)
    14) SL El Attarine
    15) Parfums de Rosine Rose Twill
    16) Parfums de Nicolai New York
    17) Dior Eau Noire
    18) Lubin Idole
    19) Dyptique Virgilio
    20) Caron Troisieme homme

cacio

I`m not sure.. But I will recommend the fragrance departments on Galleries Lafayette and Le Printemps. -Impressive assortment, and a sight for sore eyes!

I don't have 20 but I'd buy these three:

Serge Lutens - Iris Silver Mist
    IUNX - L'Ether
    Guerlain - Habit Rouge L'Extrait

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    My trips to Paris always result in a large number of purchases. Serge Lutens exclusives a must, of course, as they are available only there. Off the top of my head (but I'm sure I'm missing stuff), in decreasing order (best first):

1) Serge Lutens La Myrrhe
    2) Guerlain Vol de Nuit Parfum
    3) SL Sarrasins
    4) Parfums de Nicolai Temps d'une fete
    5) SL Iris Silver Mist
    6) Invasion Barbare (Parfums MDCI)
    7) Guerlain Chamade parfum
    8) Kurkdjian Absolue pour le soir homme
    9) Histoires de Parfums 1740
    10) Patricia de Nicolai Vetiver de Java (a candle, but wonderful perfume nonetheless)
    11) Montale Oud Cuir d'Arabie
    12) Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire
    13) Etat Libre d'Orange Secretions Magnifiques (just because)
    14) SL El Attarine
    15) Parfums de Rosine Rose Twill
    16) Parfums de Nicolai New York
    17) Dior Eau Noire
    18) Lubin Idole
    19) Dyptique Virgilio
    20) Caron Troisieme homme

cacio
    I cant believe you put the masterpiece that is Caron Troisieme Homme 20th!!!!

+1 for a trips to Galleries Lafayette (beautiful building and more than 100 years old)

Caron boutique (buy and urn scent)

Guerlain boutique
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Sounds like you're going to have a wonderful trip. I would definitely recommend Iunx. The scent l"Ether has a special meditative quality. At HdP definitely 1969Revolte and Amber 114. Also, Serge Lutens Noire and a la Nuit. There are way too many to list but try to include Patricia de Nicolai and Divine if you can.
    Remember when life gives you lemons make lemonade, also find someone whose life gave them vodka. Have a party!

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I`m not sure.. But I will recommend the fragrance departments on Galleries Lafayette and Le Printemps. -Impressive assortment, and a sight for sore eyes!
    Absolutely!

Banned

I would go and buy out Guerlain and Frederic Malle!

Many thanks for your suggestions. Great.
    hug
    al

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Absolutely!
    And at the small square accross from the corner of Printemps there is a beautiful Guerlain shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    also check Caron Secret Oud (Caron boutique), and visit Montale and Lutens. Paris is beautiful, have a great time!!

When I was there, I was starting to have a miserable time in the Louvre - thousands of people, stinking hot, nothing to drink, and a 70 person long queue to get a table, so that one could sit down and order a coke.

I looked out an open window, saw a bar and L'Artisan Perfumers across the road, and said to my future wife - "let's get the hell out of here". I bought Amber Extreme for her there.
    Cheers,
    Renato

My suggestion would be to focus on fragrances you can't easily have access from where you live. Paris is quite huge and running from a boutique to another may become quite challenging after a while. A visit to Lutens, La Fayette, Guerlain and Caron is mandatory but then what about Maitre Parfumeur Et Gantier? Histoire Des Parfums? Divine? Parfums De Nicolai? L'Artisan? Montale? Parfumerie Generale?....really too many........

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

In a nutshell, I would like to suggest Galeries Lafayette Haussmann + Le Printemps, they are next to each other. Le Printemps has just refurbished their niche fragrance section and it's now a fully fledged scent room with a brand new Frederic Malle boutique/corner. The place is very nice and much less crowded than Lafayette.

With a combined visit to Le Printemps and Galeries Lafayette Haussmann you will be able to cover the following niche houses: Frederic Malle, Tom Ford, by Kilian, Creed, L'Artisan Parfumeur, Cartier Les Heures, Histoires de Parfums, Lutens (export line only), Caron, Guerlain exclusives (both Guerlain corners at LP and GL have the Guerlain boutique status so they carry all exclusives), Armani Privé, Annick Goutal, Diptyque, Lubin, Dior exclusives, Aqua di Parma plus some obscure niche French houses.

Needless to say that all the non exclusive fragrances of Hermès, Yves Saint Laurent, Dior, Chanel, Mugler, Kenzo... are available at both stores.

Note that Amouage, Frapin and Parfums d'Empire have just left GL so they are no longer available there.

The good news is that many other great niche houses are all within a walking distance from the Palais Royal / Tuileries area: Lutens exclusives, IUNX at Hotel Costes, Hermes exclusives, Francis Kurkdjian, Chanel exclusives (rue Cambon), Santa Maria Novella (at Amin Kader), Jovoy (Rancé, Grossmith, Technique Indiscrète, Amouage...), Colette (Le Labo, CDG, A Lab On Fire), Nicolai, Lorezo Villoresi, Montale to name but a few.