Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Millesime imperial perfect batch

I apologize for another MI "creed" thread but im close to making a big flacon purchase of MI and I want to buy a batch that has the perfect combination of topnotes middle and base.. I've owned a 99 and a 07 batch and they are both decent but I think there's probably a better batch out there... So that being said if you've owned a batch that you think is the best out there I'd like to know which batch to try to hunt for?...thankyou for any help. also I tried to look over past threads but there's not to much info on diffrent batches

Default Re: Millesime imperial perfect batch

I have a 2.5 oz bottle from 08 and it's the best one I've come across for longevity. I really haven't smelled a batch that I don't like or don't get the watermelon note. The only thing I've heard is that from 2010 on they were different, but since I don't own a newer bottle I can't verify it.

can you tell from what years the batch is made from ie: serial number???

I have a 4 oz bottle from 09 lot number A3309W02 and it's great with the lush melon note that dominates and it lasts eight/nine hours on me. I am very happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    I really haven't smelled a batch that I don't like or don't get the watermelon note.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    can you tell from what years the batch is made from ie: serial number???
    There's a huge thread on how to identify a bottle of Creed by the lot #. Just as an example on Jack's bottle the year it was made is the fouth and fifth digits, the A33 signifies the fragrance, and i believe the last 3 digits are a region code, and the batch #.

I think my 2006 (AD??_?06) bottle is as close to perfect as MI gets. It's both the strongest, tartest, sweetest, and saltiest of any MI I've smelled, which is probably over 20 different lot numbers.

I have A3310K01 here at home and a bottle at the office that is 6-7 years old (it's in the gold colored bottle). The watermelon note is much stronger in the older bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by cologne connoisseur View Post
    I have A3310K01 here at home and a bottle at the office that is 6-7 years old (it's in the gold colored bottle). The watermelon note is much stronger in the older bottle.
    I have almost the same lot number as you. Mine is A3310K02. How long does yours last? I get 4 or so hours out of it. I definitely get the melon note.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I'm with Dullah, The best one I've encountered has been from 2006.

From the ones I've tried I'd say..

4.2010 (not that great imho)

I have 08 and the juice is slightly green. It's one of my stronger projecting and longer lasting fragrances. at least 15 hours longevity with almost too much projection..no kidding

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    I have almost the same lot number as you. Mine is A3310K02. How long does yours last? I get 4 or so hours out of it. I definitely get the melon note.
    4 hours is about what I get with the newer one as well.

I have A42b11N01 and it smells good, the salt note is a bit strong but I'm ok with that, lasts Arond 6 hours with modest projection

Quote Originally Posted by gmm View Post
    I have 08 and the juice is slightly green. It's one of my stronger projecting and longer lasting fragrances. at least 15 hours longevity with almost too much projection..no kidding
    wow that's awesome, did you get it back In 2008 or was it a recent purchase?

I got it this year. I had different samples of MI before purchasing.Never had any problems with longevity/projection with any of the different "batches". To be honest I've never experienced low longevity/projection with any frag.So I guess it's my skin type.

just watched street scent new video about this cologne : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQncN...&feature=feedu
    he gave MI 20 out of 10 rate. wow, is it really that great?
    hard find the bottle here, even for just a sample. any similar designer bottle? i reallly am curious about how great this scent is.

The question is, do you have a choice in what batch you're even getting?
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

All the newer batches I've smelled have a more pronounced salty note than I'm used to. I don't like the salt, but it's not enough to keep me from still loving MI completely. Best I've smelled was an 09 batch.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

I also have 09' batch and am extremely happy with it.

i find that worrying about batch variations ruin your own perception on a cologne

just get the juice its going to be great regardless

I tried 2 original Creed samples from Fragrancenet and I was devastated as to how bad this smelled on my skin. All I got was salt! I thought maybe it was just me but it wasn't... This one smelled ok on others but it just sucked on me. Maybe it was a body chemistry thing? Who knows? I am going to have to re sample one day. Just not any time soon. As far as batch variations my GIT is from 2011 and it is amazing.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Noir de Noir
    4. Tonka Imperiale
    5. Musc Ravageur
    6. Bois d'argent
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Tobacco Vanille
    10.Oud 1

Basenotes Member

Just to throw my recent experience in, and I really have liked a few Creed juices very much so I consider myself impartial: got a sample of this from the Creed boutique in NYC in January, juice is salty, vaguely fruity and aquatic. Has a diet dose of the Creed base. Really unimpressive stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by birdbrains View Post
    Just to throw my recent experience in, and I really have liked a few Creed juices very much so I consider myself impartial: got a sample of this from the Creed boutique in NYC in January, juice is salty, vaguely fruity and aquatic. Has a diet dose of the Creed base. Really unimpressive stuff.

So i guess wait until all 2010 bottles are sold out, then buy? Lol dont think there really is a solution here. When you buy online also they will never tell you the batch number before you buy.

You are paying a lot of money for salted water and alcohol? I only tested this fragrance once, is it similar to the salt in d&g light blue or aqua marine?

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by DAX View Post
    So i guess wait until all 2010 bottles are sold out, then buy? Lol dont think there really is a solution here. When you buy online also they will never tell you the batch number before you buy.
    Or maybe do a split with someone that really knows their Creed/MI batches and confirms it before the buy. I know I'd been looking at Kron's splits recently and he seems to be able to confirm good batches. The problem is that my experience with MI and my ridiculously huge list of things to smell, along with the list of things that I already find amazing probably won't lead me to ever go out of my way to try this one again.

I have the 2008 batch and it is excellent. I've owned about 4 or 5 separate bottles of MI and this one is the best I've owned. Still, I get zero compliments on it.

I just got a 2011 batch today and it is great! Great watermelon top notes and it stayed on my skin for 8-9 hours! Crazy for an MI. I got it off Fragrancenet.

Quote Originally Posted by logantrky View Post
    I just got a 2011 batch today and it is great! Great watermelon top notes and it stayed on my skin for 8-9 hours! Crazy for an MI. I got it off Fragrancenet.
    I received mine also from fragrancenet. Batch number, A3311U01. It is awesome as well!!! What's your lot number?

Quote Originally Posted by TimandT View Post
    I received mine also from fragrancenet. Batch number, A3311U01. It is awesome as well!!! What's your lot number?
    Mine is the same number. It's a great batch!

Quote Originally Posted by logantrky View Post
    Mine is the same number. It's a great batch!
    Guess we got some good luck! Very pleased. Let me know how it continues to create magic as you wear it over time!

I'm hating mine, namely A3311N02
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    I'm hating mine, namely A3311N02
    Why? What do you hate about it???

Why? What do you hate about it???
    Sucky longevity and a very strong lavender (I know, strange) top note that has me really puzzled. I was pretty sure that MI has no lavender...

Sucky longevity and a very strong lavender (I know, strange) top note that has me really puzzled. I was pretty sure that MI has no lavender...
    That's odd. My batch has excellent longevity and all I smell is the melon and sea salt. It's awesome. Where did u get yours at?

Something is really wrong if you are getting lavender........
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

I bought it in Saigon. Now, don't mention the logical conclusion: I'm pretty sure it's authentic :-)

This is what I get from a perfect batch of Millesime Imperial:

" After spraying you get a intense lush melon note with a light sea salt note which gives the experience of smelling a lush melon riding the sea breeze. It's like you are upon a yacht sailing the pale blue seas of the mediterranean whilst eating a fresh ripe melon with the sea breeze caressing you.

As many hours go by these notes fade though still noticeable just not as lush and the feeling is like walking a beach in the evening and smelling a light melon fragrance upon the evening breeze."

And the whole fragrance experience should last eight to nine hours. And this is what I get from a perfect batch. It just sucks that Creed cannot be consistent with the fragrance as every batch should be like this.

I bought it in Saigon. Now, don't mention the logical conclusion: I'm pretty sure it's authentic :-)
    Pretty sure???......
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Ya. You may want to take that back if u can lol. I'm with Heperd and Jack on this one plus I really enjoy the '11 batch so may want to check

I just received my 4oz MI from fragrancenet and it is also A3311U01. It was a blind buy though, so I can't say that it's better or worse than other batches.

Just bought a 4oz of both Millesime Imperial and Aventus... anyone know if they're all updated with 2011 batches there?

I bought a 4oz from Fragrancenet maybe a year ago with the batch# A3308F01. It seemed really weak but still smelled great.

Good to see that Fragrancenet has the 2011 batch now. Hopefully since it's 2012 now the weak 2010 batches won't be likely to come by anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo207 View Post
    I just received my 4oz MI from fragrancenet and it is also A3311U01. It was a blind buy though, so I can't say that it's better or worse than other batches.
    I have this batch and I really like it. Melons, sea salt...reminds me of a beach. Love it

I had a really great tester I got off ebay. Oddly enough the lot number was ground out so i had to look extremely hard to see when it came from but it was that 06 batch.
    I unfortunately traded that one since then and have a couple 1 ounce bottles of MI from 2010 i believe that don't quite live up to the magic the 2.5 oz tester had. After the first couple hours the two batches smell about the same but the 06 batch was amazing in that first couple hours out of the bottle. Where the 2010 batches get into the melon and fruitiness right away, the 06 batch had a bit more of a salty and airy smell that I would love to have back.
    While the overall scent is the same theres just a certain life to that 06 batch that was great.

Guess we got some good luck! Very pleased. Let me know how it continues to create magic as you wear it over time!
    What size bottles did u guys get?

I ordered GIT and MI testers from fragrancenet... Do u think I'll get a 2011 batch?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos10704 View Post
    I ordered GIT and MI testers from fragrancenet... Do u think I'll get a 2011 batch?
    I got mine off fragrancenet and I ordered a 4.0. You'll prolly receive a '11 batch. Lmk

So i received my MI and GIT today. I"ll start with the batch #s first:

MI - C3311N01
    GIT - C3211P02

First of all, I've never smelt these before, so I blind bought testers so I could return them if I hated them.

MI - "wtf is that?!" is the first thing I said when I sprayed it... Smells like salt water on the opening. No melon at all. After a few mins, the salt water calms down, but is still very dominant in the smell. I KINDA smell a little melon, but not enough to smell good. So far, I hate it. Maybe it's the batch, or maybe that's how MI smells. But this is going back. I don't want to smell like salt water.

GIT - "whoah.... Hmmmm... Nice" we're my first thoughts of the opening. Very... Well... GREEN! After a few mins it calms down and becomes very very nice... Idk about longevity or projections, hopefully it's good.

Does anyone have these batches? If so, what do you think of them?

That batch of MI is the best ive smelled. Strong melon. Not fake sweet, but natural fresh watermelon. If you dont like that one then you will not like any other bottle of MI.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    That batch of MI is the best ive smelled. Strong melon. Not fake sweet, but natural fresh watermelon. If you dont like that one then you will not like any other bottle of MI.
    Ugh really?! Oh well... Good thing they take returns... I ordered a 4oz bottle to check if it'll be a better batch. Guess I'll find out when I get it

ok so I just sprayed it again on the same spot as before... and smelled it before it dried on my skin, definitely watermelon, then goes to sea salt when it dries... I then sniffed the other area I sprayed a few hours ago and it's blend of both... it's amazing how the smell drastically changes within minutes... I'm going to keep the testers for both fragrances, and cancel my 4oz bottles... who knows, if I ultimately end up hating it, it'll b on my swap/sell list!

Good idea! I see a lot of people spray on something then immediately say they hate it only to change their mind. You will be very happy with how they smell in spring/summer mixed w sweat and body heat. just makes you feel so clean.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Agreed. Creed continues to change over time that's what's amazing to me. I enjoy MI and as heperd said, wait till summer and it's hot and humid. It's magic will come out

You should try Original Vetiver, its like you are walking around in an Irish Spring commercial lol.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Lol. I love MI, GIT and Aventus with Aventus my favorite. I want to try Original Santal for some reason lol. If anyone has any let me know. I am wearing royal our right now. It's not bad.

Got the same batch # from Fragrancenet and this is the best batch of MI I've ever smelled. This blows my '08 batch out of the water!

Glad u like it man. It wears well and I really love the scent. Can't wait for summer!!

Just got my 2011 batch in from fragrancenet. Got that really nice melon note throughout and overall it lasted from 11am to about 9pm when I showered it off and I can still smell it a little on my wrist.

Basenotes Junkie

After reading this, I'm seeing that the 11-batches are pretty damn good. Glad to hear. I really want to add this fragrance to my Creed-collection.

Wonder if I can ask the stores to show me serial-numbers. Taking a trip to Rome saturday - bound to end up in a store carrying Creed there. I fear for my wallet. I want MI, Tabarome, SMW and OS :/

Just got a new bottle of MI from Frangrancenet.....A3311Z02 EVERYTHING looks and smells right, but I was a bit worry because in the MI box came a note written in what seems like arabic...but it's all good. Also got new bottles of Bleecker Street and New Haarlem