Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Millesime imperial perfect batch

Quote Originally Posted by LoPsOrange View Post
    Just got a new bottle of MI from Frangrancenet.....A3311Z02 EVERYTHING looks and smells right, but I was a bit worry because in the MI box came a note written in what seems like arabic...but it's all good. Also got new bottles of Bleecker Street and New Haarlem
    how is longevity?

Guys, anybody got experience with either of these batches A3311U02 or A3311N01. I am going to purchase one today and just wanted to be double sure nobody has any horror stories

anyone have any experience with the 2012 d01 batch?

Quote Originally Posted by sunny5011 View Post
    anyone have any experience with the 2012 d01 batch?
    I have a sample. Very strong.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    I have a sample. Very strong.
    i guess thats good but strong as in the melon note or strong in salt?
    also hows the longevity?

I own S3311N01, really great melon notes, certainly the best MI I've sampled. I've got a sample without a lot number and it's quite frankly terrible in comparison, pure salt and very little melon. Both have very poor longevity though, 3-4 hours, which I find is the case with too many of my Creeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dailey View Post
    Guys, anybody got experience with either of these batches A3311U02 or A3311N01. I am going to purchase one today and just wanted to be double sure nobody has any horror stories
    No experience with those particular batches, however, fragrancenet shipped me a 2012 batch (A3312N01) and it's great. My local Neiman Marcus doesn't even have the 2012 batches yet (which is strange considering it's 2013).

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by nstall View Post
    No experience with those particular batches, however, fragrancenet shipped me a 2012 batch (A3312N01) and it's great. My local Neiman Marcus doesn't even have the 2012 batches yet (which is strange considering it's 2013).
    How long ago was it that you received this batch from them? Has anyone ordered MI from Fragrancenet in the past week or so? I'm in the market for one of these 2012 batches.

Middle of December

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by nstall View Post
    Middle of December
    Thanks for the reply. Maybe someone can give a more recent purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by jal3223 View Post
    How long ago was it that you received this batch from them? Has anyone ordered MI from Fragrancenet in the past week or so? I'm in the market for one of these 2012 batches.
    I bought one about a month ago from fragrancenet and it was good one, very similar to the batch I posted about earlier in this thread.

Got my MI from Fragrancenet back in November of last year. I'm really digging it. Love the longevity on this, lasts a good 8-10 hours on me. I also get the nice "watermelon" note and not much salt in this either.

My batch is from 2011.

I got my A3311U02 batch from Fragrancenet approx a year ago (April 2012). It's absolutely luscious and still smells fresh to this day. I'll definitely be buying this one again when I run out.

Ordered MI from fragancenet early this week. Just got in the mail today. I got A3312J02. Can't wait till try this baby tomorrow

My wife wants me to reacquire this. I dont like the saltiness of it, and much prefer the melon and of course, longevity. So am I better off trying to order from Fragrancenet and the price is, I think, $120 shipped, so not really much better price break out there for a 4 oz bottle?

It seems like almost everybody is saying that 2011 and 2012 batches smell great -- maybe Creed's finally rid itself of the batch variation issue (currently have a 2011 MI that is wonderful).

And $120.00 for a 4 ounce bottle is about as good as you're going to find. I think the cheapest one I've purchased was somewhere in that neighborhood -- maybe a few dollars less with a coupon, but I just don't remember for sure.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    You should try Original Vetiver, its like you are walking around in an Irish Spring commercial lol.
    LOL i am wearing OV as my SOTD and this is the perfect description for it.

Barclay, thanks, and the price worked out to $128 and change. I have ordered from fragrencenet before and it was between them and allshewants (perfume2go) on ebay who was a bit higher. There were a few bottles a bit cheaper on ebay for buy it now and then some auctions, but I did not want to chance getting a bad batch or a fake. Every now and then a bottle comes up on the forum here but one guy is not responding and oh well, $128 for 4 ounces is a pretty good deal and with 2011 and 2012 coming from them and your saying they are good batches, I feel confident

Quote Originally Posted by mikka View Post
    Ordered MI from fragancenet early this week. Just got in the mail today. I got A3312J02. Can't wait till try this baby tomorrow
    I got the same. Sniff from the bottle is low or no salt and heavy melon. Your experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan View Post
    I got the same. Sniff from the bottle is low or no salt and heavy melon. Your experiences?
    No problems here. Once sprayed, I get the heavy melon note. Longevity has been good for me, good 6-8 hours. Absolutely love this scent. It is becoming my signature scent.

Mikka, Id say it is a good 6 to 8 hours scent but this was just the first wearing. I smelled it pretty good at hour 6 and it is now almost 9 hours since I sprayed it and it is a skin scent. Maybe when the weather is more humid, the sweat will kick it up and swirl. I can still smell it on my wrist but I have to dig it into my wrist more. Given a batch that had more salt and more longevity, Id prefer what I have, which is more melon and maybe not as tenacious on longevity

Just received the above mentioned A3312J02 batch from Fragrancenet and that thing is going back! Probably the worst batch of a big Creed fragrance I've smelled. Wet dog and zero fruitiness I get from it. My sample smells nice, so does the Neiman Marcus spray bottles I've hit up in the past (now those were fruity and sexy and aromatic). This is garbage. Longevity is very bad compared to the other bottles I've sprayed. So disappointed idk what to say really.

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumbbg View Post
    Just received the above mentioned A3312J02 batch from Fragrancenet and that thing is going back! Probably the worst batch of a big Creed fragrance I've smelled. Wet dog and zero fruitiness I get from it. My sample smells nice, so does the Neiman Marcus spray bottles I've hit up in the past (now those were fruity and sexy and aromatic). This is garbage. Longevity is very bad compared to the other bottles I've sprayed. So disappointed idk what to say really.
    Is this true? Did your bottle come with the arabic text on the letter in the box or multi language?

Basenotes Plus

MI A3311Z03 - very nice with more melon and slight saltiness. MI has a green, sweet honeydew melon note, not watermelon as most people tend to believe. I wouldn't mind a slightly more salty batch, it's a great fragrance either way.