Code of Conduct

Thumbs up L'Artisan Parfumeur Sale

Yes they have a quite a good sale on at the moment from their own website.

Its UK so not sure if other regions also have the sale.
    DONNA

Default Re: L'Artisan Parfumeur Sale

Thanks, Donna!

Looks like one at least is a bargain
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Yes they have a quite a good sale on at the moment from their own website.

Its UK so not sure if other regions also have the sale.
    Same here in the US. Not much there, but what there is, is dirt cheap.

Yup, I've eyed-up Traversee du Bosphore. I'm obsessed with anyhting Istanbul-related. It's by far my favourite city.

Is this scent worth the price and is it representative of the Bosphorus or am I being lured into the marketing strategy surrounding this?

It took my US order. I used the cheapest shipping option - it was $11. http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...2&e=ecd834fe17
    Last edited by socalwoman; 26th June 2014 at 03:22 PM.
    "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Yup, I've eyed-up Traversee du Bosphore. I'm obsessed with anyhting Istanbul-related. It's by far my favourite city.

Is this scent worth the price and is it representative of the Bosphorus or am I being lured into the marketing strategy surrounding this?
    It's a wonderful scent. I also love Istanbul and I think it definitely conjures up images of the crossroads of Europe and Asia. Well worth it IMO especially if it can be had at a good price.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Amazing sales on the UK site. A 50ml Passage d'Enfer for 9 GBP.. wow.

I went for the Traversee du Bosphore myself.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    Amazing sales on the UK site. A 50ml Passage d'Enfer for 9 GBP.. wow.
    wait what? where, how?
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    wait what? where, how?

Not sure it will actually go through 'though

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    wait what? where, how?
    Passage d'Enfer 's gone. I think it was a typo because the other 50ml scent is sold for 29 GBP.

gocha, ok thanks. sounded like it would have been too good to be true anyway. would've been an insta-buy

Socalwoman, how were you able to take your item out of the cart and pay for it? I had a problem checking out the item.
    Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    It took my US order. I used the cheapest shipping option - it was $11. http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...2&e=ecd834fe17

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Socalwoman, how were you able to take your item out of the cart and pay for it? I had a problem checking out the item.
    sjg3839. Below is the US site. Press the buy button for whatever item of interest. Then check out under the "Basket" icon at the upper right corner and proceed as usual. Good luck!

http://www.artisanparfumeur.com/shop...ml?oid=1116560

sjg3839. Below is the US site. Press the buy button for whatever item of interest. Then check out under the "Basket" icon at the upper right corner and proceed as usual. Good luck!

Thank you CapriDog! I was elsewhere.

You came through again my friend. Thanks.

I'm a little unsure where to post this as there are two threads about this sale now in the UK section but I am writing about my experience here in the US. I think this information may be of use to anyone considering a purchase from this company, not just persons in the UK.

I ordered four sale items on the 26th of last month. I placed my order within an hour of receiving the email announcement of the sale and received an order confirmation email a few hours later. On the 30th I received a msg stating one of the items had been shipped. No mention was made about the status of the other items and my bank account showed no activity by them at that point. On the first I saw that there was a pending charge on my bank account for the entire amount. I stupidly took that as an indication that the other three items would also be sent to me eventually. Hah! Yesterday the pending charge disappeared completely from my view. Early this morning the charge was back, in full, and the money was gone from my account. There was an additional small charge by my bank for an AFT fee as it was an international transaction. A few hours later I rec'd the following msg:
    Hello,

Thank you for your order. We received an overwhelming response to our online sale and unfortunately sold through some of our stock faster than our website could keep up with it. Because of this, your order was partially shipped and you will be refunded for the items you did not receive as well as your shipping charges. The refund may take up to 3 business days to process.

As a token of apology, below is a voucher code for 20% off any purchase made on our website until July 31st. You may enter it in the VOUCHER CODE field when checking out.

SALEGOODWILL2014

Again, we are very sorry for this inconvenience and greatly appreciate your business.

Regards,

That message evoked absolutely no good will from me at all. I replied with "Please cancel my entire order." Within a few minutes, I received this message:

Your order has already shipped out and is scheduled for delivery on Monday. If you like, please refuse the delivery and we will issue the entire refund when the package makes it back to us.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

I answered: " There was a pending charge to my account two days ago that was removed yesterday. Today I see it was charged for the entire order again and I was charged an EFT international service fee as well. Was the entire order shipped (hence the entire amount being charged again) or one item only?"

I haven't received a response yet. IMHO L'Artisan Parfumeur is neither trustworthy nor competent. I am very uncomfortable with the prospect of writing "refused" on the package and being with no means to prove I sent the package back, to track it or prove when they got it.

My nose wouldn't be so out of joint if this was a one-time bungled sale. I've come to understand from others that they've announced sales, taken orders and monies, then cancelled the orders and dragged their feet returning the $$ several times before.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 3rd July 2014 at 10:12 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Oy vey... definitely comes across as a shop that doest know how to run a proper ecommerce site, with real-time inventory level tracking, etc. It comes off completely amateurish when they sell out "faster than our website could keep up with it"... Really? There were so many millions of transactions per second that the servers couldn't keep up with subtracting bottles from inventory count? LOL.

I'm not sure what to do with this, ugh, not so generous 20% offer... The sale in question was 60% off - if you messed up this badly, give people the same 60% off to place a new order if you want to keep them happy and not cheated out of a deal.

Receive d the same email today. The strange thing is I only ordered one item. I am supposed to receive it today. By the way, they sent it to the wrong zip code yesterday. That is why im just getting the item today....hopefully.

Basenotes Plus

This whole ordeal was pathetic. As I noted in the other thread, my order arrived today. Even though I was notified that only two of the six items ordered were shipped, opened the box to find only one of the two items they said had been shipped was in the box. Where is the other?

I requested a full refund at this point. If they would like the one item back, they can send a call tag for it. If I do not get a response in several days, will dispute the charge.

- - - Updated - - -

socal, if you refuse the shipment, the UPS tracking will show this as well as delivery back to the warehouse, so please don't let that be a concern.

Just don't loose the tracking number and you will be all good.

Basenotes Plus

My order was a little simpler - just one item. First I received an email that it was shipped (no tracking number), this morning that they were sold out and they cancelled the order, and a few hours later another email with tracking number - showing that the order was already shipped yesterday - and is scheduled for delivery on Monday. Fingers crossed that they shipped the right item...

I started the other thread as I was confused beyond belief!!!! Did not want to add it to this thread as it was a separate question about charging for the item.

Never received a Your Order Shipped email, and the money fell back into my bank account. Therefore I thought the order which was only one item had been cancelled. Only knew it was coming that day Wednesday as I emailed them to ask what was happening? Then received an email from L'Artisan with tracking!!!

As I said on their Facebook page loads of complaints about items still in stock when ordered and cancelled from the orders.
    DONNA

We'll link to the new thread & close this one to keep any updates in one place.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...rfumeur-Online