Code of Conduct
    Banned

Default Best London Airport Duty Free Fragrances

Hi All,

I'll be making a trip to NZ soon and was wondering which London Airport has the best and or most exclusive fragrances in Duty Free? This will inform me where I have to fly from! If you know any of the houses that they carry, please let me know.

With much thanks!

Default Re: Best London Airport Duty Free Fragrances

Surely it has to be Heathrow, no?

Yep, Heathrow but there are five terminals to choose from.

Terminal 3 has a Chanel boutique, so for any of the Les Exclusifs at a discounted price, you ought to fly from here...
    Terminal 4 has a Jo Malone shop.
    Terminal 4 also has the Tom Ford private blend range at about 20% off.

I'd say Heathrow Terminal 5, they even have the Tom Ford Private Blends.

Banned

Looks like terminal 5 then! Cheers guys!

In Stansted duty free shop, I saw Pure Havane 100ml for 33 pounds.

Not much really. Terminal 3 Has both Chanel exclusives and the hermessence line at their respective boutiques, but their prices are higher than the united states (considering how bad the dollar is doing now, you'll be paying around $20 more).

The whole Tom Ford line is available in every terminal as far as I know, and it is actually cheaper than the united states and most other countries for the private blends so that's my only recommendation.

A few limited editions/europe exclusives are easily available there and that's the best thing (Aside from the tom ford). So you can still get Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir, Dior Homme Intense, Narcisso Rodriguez for him Musc EDP, L'instant de guerlain extreme....etc from there. Than that, they only offer mainstream designer lines and their prices are not the best (same as retail really).

So i'm off to Prague with work on Monday, and having qualified in my profession on Friday I think I deserve a fragrant treat.

So which are the top 3 potential purchases from Heathrow Terminal 3? There is a Perfume Gallery which will carry all of the designer fragrances I imagine. There is also a Harrods concession (Tom Ford Private Blends - I own Tobacco Vanille, Noir de Noir and Tuscan Leather), Chanel and Hermes.

Chanel Sycomore is the first one I am leading towards having tried it last time I was there.

I have not sampled any of the Hermessence line, so any thoughts would be welcome.

I don't suppose anybody is aware whether the likes of Guerlain Tonka Imperiale or Spiriuese Double Vanille are stocked there? Otherwise that would be my likely Top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler-durden View Post
    So which are the top 3 potential purchases from Heathrow Terminal 3? There is a Perfume Gallery which will carry all of the designer fragrances I imagine. There is also a Harrods concession (Tom Ford Private Blends - I own Tobacco Vanille, Noir de Noir and Tuscan Leather), Chanel and Hermes.

Chanel Sycomore is the first one I am leading towards having tried it last time I was there.

I have not sampled any of the Hermessence line, so any thoughts would be welcome.

I don't suppose anybody is aware whether the likes of Guerlain Tonka Imperiale or Spiriuese Double Vanille are stocked there? Otherwise that would be my likely Top 3.
    Look to go to World Duty Free in any of the Heathrow terminals. They have a website if you Google it. They list all their fragrance prices in there. You'll also find the Givenchy mystique range in there. I nearly always get my Terre d' Hermes at the airport as it's the cheapest there bar no where!

I got my Sycomore 75ml from the Chanel Boutique in T3 for £88-something, which is a saving of £12 or £19 of high street price. Not bad given that everything in London is a rip-off.

The Hermes boutique is tucked away behind the Chanel one. But the Hermessence range is not discounted there, but it should be good to sample. They also have some hard to find Hermes like Bel Ami and Rocabar.

All Harrods stores within Heathrow do not sell fragrances, so don't bother visiting. Tom Fords are all within the World Duty Free shop.

Have a wonderful trip!

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Look to go to World Duty Free in any of the Heathrow terminals. They have a website if you Google it. They list all their fragrance prices in there. You'll also find the Givenchy mystique range in there. I nearly always get my Terre d' Hermes at the airport as it's the cheapest there bar no where!

I got my Sycomore 75ml from the Chanel Boutique in T3 for £88-something, which is a saving of £12 or £19 of high street price. Not bad given that everything in London is a rip-off.

The Hermes boutique is tucked away behind the Chanel one. But the Hermessence range is not discounted there, but it should be good to sample. They also have some hard to find Hermes like Bel Ami and Rocabar.

All Harrods stores within Heathrow do not sell fragrances, so don't bother visiting. Tom Fords are all within the World Duty Free shop.

Have a wonderful trip!
    Rum, Thanks for taking the time to write a detailed reply, it is much appreciated.

Thanks for the heads up on Harrods, I will take a browse through to World Duty Free instead!

Quote Originally Posted by tyler-durden View Post
    Rum, Thanks for taking the time to write a detailed reply, it is much appreciated.

Thanks for the heads up on Harrods, I will take a browse through to World Duty Free instead!

Anytime I'll be travelling through there soon as well (again!).
    Do let us know how you got on by posting back to this thread

I too will be off to T3, and was wondering how much does a bottle of Egoiste cost at the Chanel Boutique?

Heathrow Terminal 5 has, in addition to Tom Ford Private Blend, Miller Harris, Molton Brown, Jo Malone, and Floris. And all the usual stuff found in most airports.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-K View Post
    In Stansted duty free shop, I saw Pure Havane 100ml for 33 pounds.
    Wow that's good, beats the £40 I saw it for at East Midlands airport a couple of weeks ago......which of course beat the £46 + p&p I paid the Mugler store a few weeks before that!

On topic though, I was impressed with Heathrow T3. They had Tom Ford Private Blend & lots, lots more!

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    Heathrow Terminal 5 has, in addition to Tom Ford Private Blend, Miller Harris, Molton Brown, Jo Malone, and Floris. And all the usual stuff found in most airports.
    T5 have bigger, better looking displays than the other terminals. But Tom Ford PB, Miller Harris and Jo Malone I've seen in T3 as well as T4 and T5. Miller Harris I've also seen in T1, but don't think they had TF or JM last I was there. Although that was a while ago...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cruk View Post
    I too will be off to T3, and was wondering how much does a bottle of Egoiste cost at the Chanel Boutique?
    I wish they had it too, but I think that's one they don't stock

I had a nice time shopping for fragrance in T3 of Heathrow last time I was there. Sometimes they give you a discount card towards the end of World Duty Free, so definitely hunt out for that. Its minimal (about 10 pounds off 100), but on Duty Free prices, It is definitely worth looking for.

I'm more of a designer guy, so when I saw 1 Million Pure Parfume I originally thought it was the same as the original, but was pleasantly surprised. A really natural take on the original with the same epic longevity but smoother and more refined. If the "1 Million" scent wasn't so engrained into our society here, I'm sure this would be a BN hit.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Why go to the effort of wasting your discount on stuff like 1 Million, when you can get them for even less at CheapSmells or The Perfume Shop online?

I am very disappointed that there's no shop in the airport selling British fragrances, other than the few brands listed above.

I thought for sure there would be a shop selling Penhaligon's, Trumpers, Taylor of Old Bond Street, Czech and Speake, Trueffitt and Hill, D.R. Harris, Ormond Jayne, Illuminum, and any others I may have forgotten.

Most airports I've visited have shops selling local products. Perhaps Heathrow is too cosmopolitan to consider itself especially British. Unfortunate.

Why go to the effort of wasting your discount on stuff like 1 Million, when you can get them for even less at CheapSmells or The Perfume Shop online?
    Because you can't buy the Pure Parfume anywhere other than World Duty Free
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    I am very disappointed that there's no shop in the airport selling British fragrances, other than the few brands listed above.

I thought for sure there would be a shop selling Penhaligon's, Trumpers, Taylor of Old Bond Street, Czech and Speake, Trueffitt and Hill, D.R. Harris, Ormond Jayne, Illuminum, and any others I may have forgotten.

Most airports I've visited have shops selling local products. Perhaps Heathrow is too cosmopolitan to consider itself especially British. Unfortunate.
    Really, this is a VERY good point. I'll comment on it based on my experience.

I first heard about Trumper's on an in-flight magazine in 2006 on a Swiss Air flight out of what was Terminal 2 at the time. I got really excited about trying out the product. It was July and I had just discovered my signature fragrance, Terre d' Hermes. I still own a bottle to this day and use it from time to time.

On my return to London after that trip, I went on a discovering journey to find out if I could buy these brands anywhere else. The interest in wet shaving at the time wasn't great, but there are MANY online shops that do sell them. They like to keep these brands exclusive. DR Harris is (was?), for example, the exclusive supplier to British Airways first class customers (onboard). The want to keep these brands as exclusive as possible. Hence why some carry royal warrants, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    Give it time It's only exclusive for now.

On the World Duty Free website, you can also sign up to have a voucher emailed to you, £5 off if you spend more than £75. You then print it out and they barcode scan it when you pay.

Also worth getting a BAA WorldPoints card (it's free) if you travel and shop frequently at airports... Google that for the link.

Heathrow terminal 4 has a harrods section with all the Tom fords and Armani prive stuff and Jo Malone
    Top 5
    1. Gucci PH2
    2. Aventus
    3. Hermes Un Jardin Méditerranée
    4. Creed GIT
    5. Dior Homme/Intense

Current swap list found here ... http://tinyurl.com/9udvk8q

I wish they had it too, but I think that's one they don't stock
    That's unfortunate, I guess I'll just shop at the local boutique and claim for vat on my way back home

Quote Originally Posted by andym72 View Post
    On the World Duty Free website, you can also sign up to have a voucher emailed to you, £5 off if you spend more than £75. You then print it out and they barcode scan it when you pay.
    I cant seem to find details on this on the website. I tried signing up to their newsletter but did not get a voucher. Could you provide a direct link to the page? Thanks

*Edit: Received a £5 off £100 on completion of a survey, but that survey has now expired
    Last edited by cruk; 5th September 2012 at 12:54 AM.

Are the prices in there better than in Paris?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    Its on amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/s/?tag=searchb...y=11&Submit=Go

Quote Originally Posted by cruk View Post
    I cant seem to find details on this on the website. I tried signing up to their newsletter but did not get a voucher. Could you provide a direct link to the page? Thanks

*Edit: Received a £5 off £100 on completion of a survey, but that survey has now expired
    The world duty free scheme is a card, point per purchase scheme that allows you to exchange points in return for vouchers and other rewards.

Compared to other similar schemes in the uk it is quite generous (7 points I think for every pound spent). 500 points gets me a five pound voucher in return.

If you travel from Heathrow frequently it's well worth it.

The world duty free scheme is a card, point per purchase scheme that allows you to exchange points in return for vouchers and other rewards.

Compared to other similar schemes in the uk it is quite generous (7 points I think for every pound spent). 500 points gets me a five pound voucher in return.

If you travel from Heathrow frequently it's well worth it.
    Thanks for the info. I believe you were referring to the BAA WorldPoints card scheme? Seems like a good scheme, think I have the card somewhere.

Anyway here's a link to the £5 off £75 that andym72 was talking about
    http://www.worlddutyfree.com/free-five-pound-voucher

Sorry to bump this thread like this, but is world duty free the only store there at heathrow which has the tom fords at discount? Are there other stores as well for the tom fords?

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy View Post
    Sorry to bump this thread like this, but is world duty free the only store there at heathrow which has the tom fords at discount? Are there other stores as well for the tom fords?
    Honestly I wouldn't have noticed so can't say for sure. But as far as I know, World Duty Free is the only one.