Code of Conduct

Default FragranceX, or FragranceNet - Which do you Prefer ?

I am getting mixed messages and uncertain reliability from these merchants..in your experience, have you ever shopped with any of them? Which online merchant will definitely sell genuine, authentic, 100% original designer fragrances and no knock/offs, imitations? FragranceX unabashedly makes the statement that their products are originals on its website, however we can't simply decide to just trust them. Anyone wanna make life easy for us and if you ordered can you tell us if it was the exact same original designer fragrance you'd find in department stores (and perhaps more than just one cologne to solidify the answer further)? Thank you !

Default Re: FragranceX, or FragranceNet - Which do you Prefer ?

Basenoters have already voted - FragranceNet made the list, FragranceX didn't.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/277...2011-Finalists

FragranceX have a dreadful reputation for shipping times - but that may now be fixed since they no longer have a blanket 'free shipping' provision.

Yes, I've ordered from both and both provided the exact same designer fragrances you would find in a department store.

I don't know about the site you posted saying that fragrancex was "verified" as a scam. They don't give any concrete evidence for this claim.

In my experience it's a regular discount store. They sell good products at good prices but the service is poor. Lots of people complain about the delivery times, but I had no problems with 2 large ($150+) orders so far. Both arrived in less than 2 weeks. Smaller orders that I made later are taking longer but they have been shipped with a cheaper/slower method.

I don't expect the best service when ordering a 20 dollar perfume from the US to be delivered for free in Spain.

Don't stress out too much. They are fine...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Both stores sell genuine products, but Frangrancenet has the edge when it comes to prices and discounts, especially since our BASENOTES coupon code gives a 15% off discounts at their store, whereas it only gives 10% at FragranceX. I have been satisfied with my purchases from both stores and I buy from whichever store has the fragrance I am out to buy. Of course if you are in the market to buy Creeds, you should beware that you can not be certain which batch your bottle comes from. Example: I got a bottle of MI(2010 batch) from Fragrancenet which was almost devoid of the melony/fruity top notes I knew from an earlier batch.
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

I have shopped with both in the past without any problems.

I am a little bit confused. I went onto fragrance.net and saw that they offer a 6.8 ounce of vetiver guerlain for $78.19 but the box looks completely different than the other sizes offered. Then I go on overstock.com and see the same box with noticeable black markings on the 2.5 box only and no 6.8 ounce available. The only 6.8 ounce GV I've ever seen is from fragrance.net.

I've been using Vetiver Guerlain for a few years already and had no idea they offer a 6.8 ounce bottle. When did this happen? What do the different markings means and when will we only start seeing the new "old" bottles only?

I've ordered from fragrancenet with no problems. Another great site to check out is beautyencounter.

I have bought from both without any problems. Disregard of that, I prefer www.escentual.com .Because they are located in Britain, I get superfast shippment, and the pack usually comes directly in my mail box. With other companies I generally have to pick up the pack at my local post office.

I won't go near Fragrancenet after they sent me the wrong fragrance and then proceeded to tell me it was the right one. I ordered Silver Wind Wood and received the original He Wood. I actually had to argue with her and tell her to go on the website and look at the picture of Silver Wind Wood and compare it to He Wood. When she finally agreed they sent me the wrong one she told me they couldn't send out Silver Wind Wood because they didn't have it and had shipped out anyone that ordered it the original He Wood. Their customer service and overall knowledge of running a fragrance business is very poor. Never again.

Well basically I want to know which merchant is less likely to sell knockoffs/counterfeits is what I'm concerned about. At the end of the day THAT is what I'm interested in. Not caring for how long it takes to ship, since I'll get it anyway, and I am much willing to sacrifice that just so long as I receive the ORIGINAL designer fragrance. They have so many fragrances so I wonder how they can have genuine, authentic designers. Which ever one you think is less likely to sell knockoffs and more so stick with the originals is what I wanted to know, sorry if its redundant but yeah. Thanks.

Fragrancenet, fragranceX, scentedmonkey, beautyencounter, D'dara, and fragrancexpress are all legit sites and do not sell knockoffs. D'dara has the best return policy as it's no questions asked so if you don't like it you can return it within I believe 15 or 30 days. It's also free shipping both ways everyday, but for the 5 or 10 you'll save on the other sites you have that piece of mind that you can return it.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    I am a little bit confused. I went onto fragrance.net and saw that they offer a 6.8 ounce of vetiver guerlain for $78.19 but the box looks completely different than the other sizes offered. Then I go on overstock.com and see the same box with noticeable black markings on the 2.5 box only and no 6.8 ounce available. The only 6.8 ounce GV I've ever seen is from fragrance.net.

I've been using Vetiver Guerlain for a few years already and had no idea they offer a 6.8 ounce bottle. When did this happen? What do the different markings means and when will we only start seeing the new "old" bottles only?

Why would you be confused ? There are different packagings for the same fragrances in many instances.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

If I lived the states, I would definitely be Scentedmonkey exclusively, the prices are insane good! I am contemplating a Vegas trip just to get some shipped to the hotel.

Fragrancenet sent me and charged me for two of both colognes I purchased, and refused to pay return postage. Fragrancenet is generally more expensive for Canadians as well with their high shipping prices. Fragrancex for me.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

As a Canadian, I definitely prefer Fragrancex.com . Their free shipping makes everything fairly affordable. Furthermore, they offer a loyalty discount. A few friends of mine share an account, and after one thousand dollars in purchases, you got a loyalty discount of 10%. So the loyalty discount (10%) plus free shipping makes Fragrancex.com an obvious choice.

I have had no issues with fragrancenet.com but overall it's a tad more expensive. For Americans, there are many more choices as Free shipping is the norm.

Taken from this thread:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/207...r-input-needed!

Discount Stores
    These stores are listed in order of popularity based on a completely unscientific poll (http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=212585). While there may be a Big 5 (or 6), I think it is accurate to say that most can be used without worry.

Fragrancenet.com (also Scentberry.com)
    They ship internationally
    Some positives, no negatives. Seems to be popular.

Scentiments.com
    Ships to US only.
    Lots of basenoters seem to swear by this site - and their Creeds. Tons of positive comments; I haven’t found any negative ones. Perhaps the most popular site?

Beautyencounter.com (formerly Perfumebay.com) beautifulperfumes.com, perfumeshop.com, scentguru.com, classyperfumes.com have the same owner and physical address.
    They ship internationally.
    Lots of positive, a few negatives – though one negative liked their customer service.

Scentmonkey.com
    Many happy customers. (I received some bad juice and their customer service was horrible – will never do business with them again. I appear to be the only one, though!)

ImaginationPerfumery.com
    Ships only to US and Canada
    Also rather popular. Again, no negative comments.

Bigdiscount.com
    They do not ship internationally.
    Lots of positive comments – they seem to be trusted and reliable.

Fragrancex.com (also Extremeperfumes.com - they have the same address and some of the same text).
    They ship internationally – one person had trouble using their credit card and suggested international customers use paypal to speed things up.
    Some positive comments – two said “never again.” A fair amount of people seem to use this site.

99perfume.com (aka: cologne-mens.com, cologne-no1.com, empireperfume.com, colognes.net, and perfumeinc.com. Phew! To their credit, most of those sites prominently display the 99Perfume.com logo.)
    Will ship internationally.
    Not many comments, but all are positive.

Perfume.com
    They do not ship internationally.
    Some positive comments – people who use this site seem to do return business with them.

Perfumeemporium.com
    People seem to use this store, but the feedback is limited – a few positives and two “never agains.” They easily win the prize for most obnoxious website since they use pop-ups to try to stop you from leaving the site.

Strawberrynet.com
    Positive comments. A few people think they are overpriced, though shipping seems to be free. Looks like most people are repeat customers and happy with the company.

Parfum1.com
    Good comments, none negative.

Venablesdiscountsales.com
    One positive comment – ships internationally

Directcosmetics.com
    Based in England. Ships internationally.
    One positive comment from a highly reliable source (see below).

Fragrancedirect.co.uk
    Based in England. They ship internationally.

Smartbargins.com
    Ships to US only.
    One positive comment.

Fragranceshop.com (also MidtownPerfume.com)
    Mixed. A few have had no problems, others say the customer service is lacking, and stocks are not updated.

perfumeoutlet.com
    One negative, no other feedback.

Perfumeshome.com
    One negative, no other feedback

Perfumecountry.com

1stperfume.com (and perfumenetwork.com, perfumedistributor.com, overstockperfume.com and perfumeloop.com, which are owned by the same person and have the same physical address).
    I think it is fair to call this site notorious among basenoters. You shop here at your own risk.

Unlimitedperfumes.com
    There are a few posts that warn against shopping at this site. Again, buyer beware.

windaz.com
    Probably best to avoid.

Other sites to add to this list once comments are given:

www.suravionline.com
    www.perfumebonita.com,
    usaperfumes.com
    perfumeguys.com
    Cosmeticsolutions.biz