Code of Conduct

Exclamation Im not sure what to buy???

Ok so i was planning on buying a vanilla frag but i don't want to spend a lot... I was gonna buy tobacco vanille but i thought for that price i can buy pure malt (which everyone worships here??) And i don't want to buy a fragrance i don't like... And since there is nowhere in NM that sells Tom Ford i was kind of hesitant...

Can i get suggestions on either Vanilla Frags under $100 USD... or should i buy pure malt???

And yes i know pure malt is not vanilla it just sounds like its amazing CHERRYS WHISKEY and CARAMEL.. MMMMM
    Yes I'm 15, yes I'm Young, Yes i Got Money, and Yes I'm damn proud of it

Default Re: Im not sure what to buy???

Vanille Intense

Diptyque Eau Duelle
    Molinard Vanille
    Bvlgari Black
    L'Occitane Eau des Beaux
    Chanel Egoiste
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Dior Homme Intense (and yes, if you wait and look hard enough you can find it for $90-100 still. You won't detect the vanilla as much though until the dry down, and the cocoa will be there along with it.

Givenchy Pi -Cheaper vanilla frag (and quite masculine IMO for a vanilla frag - which most aren't)
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

I love both Le Male and Fahrenheit 32, and both prominently feature vanilla drydowns.

Try/buy Pure Havane instead.

Try Aqualina Blue Sugar.

Go for Frapin 1270 (although not vanilla either haha) over Pure Malt!

+1 Bulgari Black

Stick with pure malt or tobacco vanille. It's hard not to love these. Save up and order online

Cheers!

The CosBar in Santa Fe has a few Tom Fords but I think they're mostly on the women's side FWIW.

Even a simple cheapo like Stetson Untamed can provide a relatively straightforward vanilla. You might even want to start with something like that to get more of a feel for what kind of variant on vanilla you want more of or less of.

If you really want affordable, relevant vanilla options, I think Diptyque Eau Duelle, L'Occitane Eau Des Beaux, and maybe Bulgari Black are valid.

Pure Malt may get a lot of "play" these days, but it's not vanilla, or even a close resemblance.

I recommend doing a split on a niche fragrance:

- Un Bois Vanille - Serge Lutens
    - Tobacco Vanille - Tom Ford
    - Spiritueuse Double Vanille - Guerlain

Habit Rouge

Heritage

If you want a cheapo vanilla frag that is quite good in every way (though a bit derivative), try Cuba Orange. Once the top notes settle down it's like a lighter version of Rochas Lui (which is probably a bit too "old" for many in the under 30/35 crowd).

I found pure malt at my local perfume town for $80 so I'm happy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    Try/buy Pure Havane instead.
    That is pretty Good prob my next one