Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anybody know of a reputable place to get a bottle of vintage DHI?

I have recently rediscovered my love for vintage Dior Homme Intense but I am having a really hard time finding a bottle that isn't a total ripoff of $150 or more. I was wondering if anyone has come across this or am I searching for a unicorn? I can find the newer formulation but I don't get the same projection or longevity from it. I would appreciate if anyone had any ideas.
    Last edited by MJM_77; 17th August 2012 at 06:01 AM.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Noir De Noir
    3. Musc Ravageur
    4. Bois D'Argent
    5. Aoud 1
    6. Aventus
    7. Ore
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Tobacco Vanille
    10.Ambre 114

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Does anybody know of a reputable place to get a bottle of vintage DHI?

I'd say keep your eye out for it in duty-free shops, and take your smartphone with you, so you can check the lot codes. Some of them probably still have some old stock.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Does anybody know of a reputable place to get a bottle of vintage DHI?

I am pretty sure that the NYC airports are going to have the re-formulation. If I would only be so lucky?
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Noir De Noir
    3. Musc Ravageur
    4. Bois D'Argent
    5. Aoud 1
    6. Aventus
    7. Ore
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Tobacco Vanille
    10.Ambre 114

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

Searching for a unicorn unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by MJM_77 View Post
    I have recently rediscovered my love for vintage Dior Homme Intense but I am having a really hard time finding a bottle that isn't a total ripoff of $150 or more. I was wondering if anyone has come across this or am I searching for a unicorn? I can find the newer formulation but I don't get the same projection or longevity from it. I would appreciate if anyone had any ideas.
    In my country some smaller perfume shops which locate outside the capital seem to still carry the old stock. I found a while ago in my hometown a kind of a trendy perfume shop called Kicks in a shopping mall that had still 6 bottles (50 ml each) of the old stock from October and November 2010. Bought 3 of them. Try some smaller shops in not-so-big cities.
    Some bottles for sale (Worldwide)

"Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

I think you're most likely going to have to resign yourself to finding what's out there now.

Post Thanks / Like

The only safe place I would say would be here on Basenotes but users that have a great reputation.

There's a fairly recent Youtube video where Cubby states he bought a bunch of bottles from a Swedish website. The video is actually pretty entertaining, because they all came with black collars, and he nearly had a meltdown. Luckily, he found they were 'transition' bottles that had the new packaging but original formulation. However, he didn't state *which* Swedish website he was ordering from...

EDIT: Found the video, it's actually a year old, but they may still have the original formulation.

Post Thanks / Like

Define vintage....you're talking bout the ones with the silver ring? Those are quite rare nowadays. If you are one of those that still considers some January, February 2011 stuff to be vintage then those are more available

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking for something April 2011 or before. I am ok with the black collar.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Noir De Noir
    3. Musc Ravageur
    4. Bois D'Argent
    5. Aoud 1
    6. Aventus
    7. Ore
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Tobacco Vanille
    10.Ambre 114

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MJM_77 View Post
    I was looking for something April 2011 or before. I am ok with the black collar.
    well like I got one from fragrancenet couple of months ago that basically turned out to be even older (january 2011) than the one I dished out a lot of money on from ebay (february 2011). Having said that, DHI is out of stock a lot of the time on fragrancenet but when it popped up that one time I got it for like $60 (3.4oz too) was a friggin steal

Post Thanks / Like

Fragrancenet got me on that one. I placed in order for a bottle and it was not in stock so they cancelled my order. I can only hope a kind hearted basenoter will not beat me in my head and sell me a bottle.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Noir De Noir
    3. Musc Ravageur
    4. Bois D'Argent
    5. Aoud 1
    6. Aventus
    7. Ore
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Tobacco Vanille
    10.Ambre 114

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I quite recently got ahold of 2 DHI's both April 2011.
    I've opened and actively using one of them, and I can tell it's the old formula since the opening is quite alot different. I've compared them side by side. These also have the black collar, but old juice.

I went around for a few days looking into dept. stores before i could find these 2. What feels a bit stupid though, is having paid the equivalent of $100 for 1.7 once. Probably gonna sit on both and use in fall and winter, should be perfect for colder weather.

My advice if you're really looking to get the old formula, be creative. Drop by stores and ask if you can have a look at every bottle in stock, explain why this is important to you and they'll gladly help you out. Actually, the place that had these 2 vintage ones is an hour transportation from my house, so I had to ask the sales rep to look for the code on the box, after she found the "1R01" I asked her to put them on lay-away until the day after when i picked them up.