Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wink ANOTHER AVENTUS STORY......with a twist

Why am I obsessed with this fragrance. Someone help me.....I am already half done with my bottle!! 4oz why is this the only fragrance out of my 100 I have that just keeps me coming back to see how people react.

Here is my story (of this Legend in the making of a fragrance) for this weekend. OK lol I spray my liberal 7 sprays of Aventus on at 12:30 p.m. Go to the toyota dealership to get my truck worked on so I whip out the laptop and finish watching almost the whole movie of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Out of frustration for such a long wait, I go out to the front area where all the service employees work and I ask "how long do I have to wait?" The man says, "hold on let me check for you.." As he leaves a middle eastern employee that works there says real loud..."oh God who is wearing sooo much perfume....it's like the type that pierces your nose." I was like screw that B^%&*!! This cologne you should bow down to because it cost more than your weekly budget and I know that it is a gorgeous scent from all the compliments I get. So I go home a little dissapointed as this was the first negative comment I heard when wearing ANY fragrance...why does it have to be the Aventus??

Here is where it gets good...Later on that night I am at the liquor store picking up some booze when a man passes me and turns around and taps me on the shoulder. "Excuse me..I was just wondering what that beautiful aroma is? Is it a lotion or spray?" Oh this made me smile.....I whipped out the IPHONE and spent 5 minutes showing him what cologne it was from Creedboutique.com.

He was delighted and was ready to go out and buy it then and there!! lol. Now fellow basenoters......please tell me what other fragrance garnishes this much attention...this much praise....unique smell....like a better fahrenheit. (the smokiness reminds me of this) I just couldn't wait to get on here and let you all know that this is just too funny. I think I may overapply though, but I want it to last all day which it does so I go for 7 sprays. Usually with all fraggos except Kouros.

Thanks for reading....I love you Aventus... LOL you are my highlight of my fragrance world.

Default Re: ANOTHER AVENTUS STORY......with a twist

People simply react differently to fragrance which is quite common - some like the one in the garage, some like at the liquor store, whatever the scent might be. That's just life.

Basenotes Member

Cool story! Fellow aventus lover here. Just bought a 4 oz bottle moments ago as j went through the 1 oz size in thirty days. I love the fragrance and am glad youve found one you like too.

Not sure about your comment regarding the mechanics weekly pay vs cost of your cologne though! I dont judge people by occupation or material possesions especially to make myself feel better about myself. Just a respect thing bud.

There are several others i love too, some even non creeds, but Aventus is awesome to me as well. Cheers

Vince
    Last edited by vince211; 21st August 2011 at 11:33 PM.

you have a point which I am not opposed to BUT for me at least this has been the one that really gets the most. I can honestly say that Creeds are nice but aren't worth the price. Except for Aventus. Solely because I actually try not to get compliments when I wear this but it just keeps happening. (being sarcastic about trying to not get compliments) every single time I wear it i have received compliments and that is no lie. Unbelievable. So if i walked around every day with lets say my Atelier cologne I can guarantee you nobody would react the same. Point is people react to fragrances no matter what you wear...Very true....BUT you wear Aventus and you'll be lining up the poparazzi. Don't roll those eyes. Just admit the truth. It's gorg.

How is this different than other Aventus threads? Some compliments, some that are less so. Could this have been added to another thread?

I also got a smattering of compliments in the two, three days I have the cologne, but wow, I want to smell it on me. For me, that is part of the beauty of a fragrance, how I react to it. For the price of this juice, I want to enjoy it as well as the other people that smell it long after I can not. If it was half of what it is, that is, on par with say a pricey designer fragrance, say $120 for 1.7 ounces, might be pricey but ok, if other people enjoy it, what the heck. But when Aventus is twice that, I want to smell it. Since I can't, I don't like it as much I dont think.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJoe81 View Post
    ... I was like screw that B^%&*!! This cologne you should bow down to because it cost more than your weekly budget ...
    Thats a pretty arrogant thought! Is that your general outlook on the world?

AromiErotici

This is like the crack of the fragrance world. Some don't care for it, but most do and seemingly can't get enough of it.

I think the pimpin cologne elves at the Creed factory are using mind altering aromachemicals to separate you from your family, friends.......and most importantly.....your money. Someone needs to contact the fragrance police.

i know what you mean....sometimes you can't smell it, but i found out the trick...touch your neck where you applied it and then you can smell your finger....mmmm... LOL it's heavenly....might get a couple weird looks but shrug it off and keep on a walkin! It's there though like predator in his cloaking apparatus.

no far from it....it was more of an annoyed comment that I take back. Whoops sometimes I say things out of frustration.

no far from it....it was more of an annoyed comment that I take back. Whoops sometimes I say things out of frustration.
    I will try that, but I am still selling my bottle, PM me if anyone is interested

Here is my story (of this Legend in the making of a fragrance) for this weekend. OK lol I spray my liberal 7 sprays of Aventus on at 12:30 p.m. .

Is it just me or this is an excessive amount of fragrance?

Quote Originally Posted by Blowe46 View Post
    IMO, yes, about 5.5-6 sprays too much, especially with Aventus. Aventus is one of those frags that I can smell on myself, almost too much so, with only 1-1.5 sprays.

Don't get all this hype about Aventus... I've tried it a few times and can't stand it, a pungent fruity fragrance I just don't like and everyone around me when i've tried it didn't like it too! All i've heard about it have been "not bad" or "just OK", even Silver Mountain Water or Himalaya got more love than Aventus.

I don't mind another Aventus thread, I could talk about this stuff everyday!

Right ON!!! This is the antichrist of fragrance and Postumo your not enjoying it because you have to learn the Aventus swagger. It takes a few applications to get it down!! lol those that dislike is because their noses have never smelled anything quite like it. Yup

I've had all kinds of people stop me and make all kinds of pleasant comments about whatever fragrance I might be wearing, but I've never figured out why people feel the need to come on here and reveal this kind of stuff. I mean I know it's based on some kind of egotistical insecurity, but that's as far as I've thought about it. Aventus is nice enough but it soon starts to feel like something I left at a golf club and I might or might not go and get it if I'm close by. And for what it's worth, my girlfriend loves all kinds of fragrances, but she thinks smelling Aventus has some of the same qualities as smelling paint for several hours. And I can't disagree.

I think if you spray 7 times almost any fragrance is going to garner attention. When I pass someone that wears too much fragrance they might as well get out a sharpie and write "I'm an insecure idiot!" on their forehead. Over spraying should never happen especially if your a basenotes member.

Right ON!!! This is the antichrist of fragrance and Postumo your not enjoying it because you have to learn the Aventus swagger. It takes a few applications to get it down!! lol those that dislike is because their noses have never smelled anything quite like it. Yup
    O_o!?

w00t! Is still legal to prefer other fragrances over Aventus or has the law changed?

Maybe in a future i get to like it, but right now i think i've found some frags my nose prefer, just that. And I trust my nose better than the nose of the man at the liquor store or the Toyota dealership.

i was just having some fun today or tonight some enjoyed the post some got all huffy and puffy about it. Either way this will be the sell out of Creed. As of right now it's the top seller. I won't post again about Aventus. I realize people can get very hot headed with their fingers tapping on the keyboard.

I wonder how many people tell guys "wow, your fragrance smells great," but then laugh when the guy turns and walks the other way.

People should be excited to share fragrance stories around here! No need for any of us to insult anyone's taste/likes/dislikes.

So everyone take 'er down a notch! There will be a lot of these threads because of the way Aventus performs as a fragrance. Like I said, I could talk about this stuff all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I wonder how many people tell guys "wow, your fragrance smells great," but then laugh when the guy turns and walks the other way.
    I find it more polite to rip some ass, smile at the person, and then tell them how good they smell.

Typical Aventus thread

1) I love Aventus!!! Love it!!!

2) Me too!!!

3) I don't get it

4) It's nothing special. Even my caterer's cousin doesn't like it.

5) I love it!!!

6) Whatever. It's too expensive and smells like rubber. Just because others like it doesn't make it good.

7) Wow, my enthusiasm has been attenuated.

Los Angeles, CA- too damn close to Scent Bar

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Typical Aventus thread

2) Me too!!!

3) I don't get it

5) I love it!!!

6) Whatever. It's too expensive and smells like rubber. Just because others like it doesn't make it good.

You forgot my "I can't smell it after 1/2 hour" response.
    Currently wearing: Uomo by Valentino

This is normal to conservative spraying in the middle east.

I sprayed 25 sprays (above my usual ~15) with Aventus because it was so light.
    for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Typical Aventus thread

2) Me too!!!

3) I don't get it

5) I love it!!!

loool you're hilarious.
    for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    This is normal to conservative spraying in the middle east.

I sprayed 25 sprays (above my usual ~15) with Aventus because it was so light.

uhhhhhhhhhhh.. are you being serious?

uhhhhhhhhhhh.. are you being serious?
    uhhhh yes very lol.
    I have 15 sprays of Coromandel right now.
    for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    I've had all kinds of people stop me and make all kinds of pleasant comments about whatever fragrance I might be wearing, but I've never figured out why people feel the need to come on here and reveal this kind of stuff. I mean I know it's based on some kind of egotistical insecurity, but that's as far as I've thought about it.
    +1

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits