Code of Conduct

Default Recommended Fragrances To Try Before You Turn 23?

So I'm turning 22 in a fortnight and It has prompted me to realize that I've been a little fixated on adding more sophisticated and mature fragrances to my collection lately. Apparantly you are only young once so I am getting a little worried that I may be overlooking great fragrances that I won't be able to pull off if I discovered them in a few years time. Most people would say that you are only as young as you feel but in my opinion there are some fragrances that just can't be pulled off by those over a certain age. With only a year and a bit to go untill I hit 23 a want to make sure I haven't missed any gems out there.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to fragrances I should try before I become too old to pull them off?

Default Re: Recommended Fragrances To Try Before You Turn 23?

Age is only a number.
    You can pull off any perfume in the right setting.

for swap/sale:

Yeah, don't worry about that at all. You don't know how young you are.

Any fragrance you like - anything is suitable as long as YOU enjoy a certain fragrance

There are moments that I want to feel younger then I am, there are moments that I want to feel more mature, therefore don't worry, just enjoy any fragrance you might find appealing, as, at end, the purpose of a fragrance is to lift your spirit up, and your moods;-)

Sur la Plage

You can wear any fragrance you want - at any time - at any age.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Age is only a number.
    You can pull off any perfume in the right setting.
    Very true.

Whatever makes you happy.

Post Re: Recommended Fragrances To Try Before You Turn 23?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stubs View Post
    So I'm turning 22 in a fortnight and It has prompted me to realize that I've been a little fixated on adding more sophisticated and mature fragrances to my collection lately. Apparantly you are only young once so I am getting a little worried that I may be overlooking great fragrances that I won't be able to pull off if I discovered them in a few years time. Most people would say that you are only as young as you feel but in my opinion there are sime fragrances that just can't be pulled off by those over a certain age. With only a year and a bit to go untill I hit 23 a want to make sure I haven't missed any gems out there.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to fragrances I should try before I become too old to pull them off?
    I would def. not sweat it. Any fragrance you felt you could have tried at one point but can no longer wear has a much better and more sophisticated counterpart. When I tried wearing Love and Luck, yes I felt too old for it. But who cares when I have Millesime Imperial?
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Basenotes Plus

Have you tried JPG Le Male? LOL. Its popularity among the youngsters make it somewhat of a gem.

Honestly, don't worry about it. Imo fragrancewear is pretty much like fashionwear. Sophistication is not age-related. Neither is maturity. And a sense of style is usually innate: you either have it or you don't. But it's ok to be clueless about style; it keeps stylists & stylistas in business.

At this point, the best recommendation I can think of is: try (not buy) as many as you can, learn as much about fragrances as you can. You'll be a savvy fragrance shopper & wearer in no time.

Welcome to Basenotes!

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    You can wear any fragrance you want - at any time - at any age.
    Yes.

None of the people above wear AXE bodyspray though? I think most people, including those above, do rule out "immature" scents because of associated age.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by boosh View Post
    None of the people above wear AXE bodyspray though? I think most people, including those above, do rule out "immature" scents because of associated age.
    I personally rule out scents I don't like the smell of - not because of their associated age.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

23!? you are a baby. i say wear what you want. Try Body Kouros..that scent is very masculine and a little risky..epic masterpiece. perfect for a strapping young man

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I personally rule out scents I don't like the smell of - not because of their associated age.
    Honestly though, there must be some things that you feel too mature for?! There are certainly things I am not ready for...

Quote Originally Posted by boosh View Post
    I rule out AXE products simply because they are loathsome; garbage in a bottle. It has nothing to do with their being "age appropriate". They are in fact "any age inappropriate." I have to smell that garbage every day at the gym, usually by the same clowns who think we should bow down and pay homage to them.

Blog Entries

Get yourself a supposedly "old man's" scent like Private Reserve by Pinaud or Shulton's Old Spice and WEAR IT like you STOLE IT!!!

Wear it whether you like the smell or not and force yourself out into the world and break away from the norm like the AXES, ARMANI'S A.diG and such..................explore and see what the girls your age think.......................some of them hate the "young guys'" scents anyways..........stand apart kiddo!!!