Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 28 of 28
  1. #1

    Default Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

    Hi folk,

    I'm teetering on the edge of buying Joop Nightflight and I just need that little push to send me over edge. So sell it to me all you guys who love this fragrance and tell me why I shouldnt buy it all you haters.

    I've heard that it is somewhat similar to Creed Aventus which I adore but dont yet own if this is of any help?

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Default Re: Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

    It's discontinued so jump on it while you can
    Last edited by Riley; 22nd August 2011 at 04:56 PM. Reason: added enabling prodding

  3. #3

    Default Re: Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

    It is nice but not extraordinary Just imagine very very sharp and loud blast of soapy lemon at begining that drydown into kinda nice close to skin sweet something Ok, it wasnt best description but it is how I percieve it.

    For its price it is good but it is nothing I could not live without.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

    1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

    TOP 5 cold weather:

    1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

  4. #4

    Default Re: Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

    Ive had my eye on Nightflight for sometime now. Been meaning to pick some up myself.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

    Love Nightflight. Do yourself a favour and try it during the colder months. I can't wear it during summers but it's awesome during winters.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

    Aventus? Really?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

    No, it does not smell like Aventus. Aventus is pineapple-like, this isn't. It UNDOUBTEDLY Smells like Cool Water. Very inoffensive scent. Just think of Cool Water smell...you know, like soapish, clean, soft and simple scent. It does not have much going on, but in a good way. That is all. I like it.

  8. #8
    Basenotes Junkie Shaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    680

    Default Re: Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

    I love the fragrance. Its definately on my to-buy list.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

    I wore this three times and each time different women I walked past in the street took their knickers off and put them in my pocket.

    I also had a female co-worker lick my neck as I was putting paper into the photocopier.

    The best thing that happened with this fragrance though was when my girlfriend's best friend pinched my bum and winked at me at the bar as I was getting a round in.

    None of the above are true, but I like Nightflight, so please buy it.

  10. #10
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    79,389

    Default Re: Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    No, it does not smell like Aventus.
    Agree. Aventus IMO is much more worthy of a purchase.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Agree. Aventus IMO is much more worthy of a purchase.
    I personally would never spend over 100 on a fragrance since there is a plethora of amazing scents out there (department store or otherwise). So, Nightflight trumps Aventus in my mind. Aventus..smells nice, but something like M7 in my mind blows it out of the water when it comes to sniffing, and for much less the price. Creed = overrated!

  12. #12

    Default Re: Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

    I would say if you like or love Nightflight now would be the time to buy a backup. There's still some on Ebay but there aren't a large amount of sellers anymore.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

    Better than Aventus, get it while it's cheap!

  14. #14

    Default Re: Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

    Is this really discontinued? Based on what knowledge? I'm dubious of this as its always in circulation.
    Summer Rotation:

    Versace Pour Homme by Versace
    Cool Water Game by Davidoff
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    H.M. by Hanae Mori
    Vettiveru by Commes Des Garįons
    Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9
    Soon to include "Ab Spirit Silver"

    If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

    - OE (olfactoryexperience)

  15. #15

    Default Re: Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

    No!

    I just rediscovered this one after wearing it often in the 90's. While everyone was wearing Joop! Homme, I was wearing Nightflight.

    I guess I was lucky to score a 4.2oz recently.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

    I thought I would bump an old thread instead of starting a new one. I just bought a 2.5oz bottle of Nightflight and LOVE the scent. Its a bit "Generic-vibed", but smells so fresh and invigorating. Its quite strong on the first spray, but the longevity is only about 3 hours on me, and silage is poor! I was kind of taken a back, considering it is said to be a monster.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

  17. #17

    Default Re: Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

    It's nice, and hard to overspray. Very fresh, cool and icy to me, smells great.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

  18. #18
    Dependent heperd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    4,808

    Default Re: Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

    I gave my bottle away to a friend. Nothing like aventus. very synthetic.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    I thought I would bump an old thread instead of starting a new one. I just bought a 2.5oz bottle of Nightflight and LOVE the scent. Its a bit "Generic-vibed", but smells so fresh and invigorating. Its quite strong on the first spray, but the longevity is only about 3 hours on me, and silage is poor! I was kind of taken a back, considering it is said to be a monster.
    I think I can relate to you here, but I must assert that I believe it to be the usual olfactory fatigue. During the spring of this year I tried wearing Nightflight for a week straight (an experiment of my fragrances that I had just undertaken). The first day I wore Nightflight, I could smell it all day and well into the evening (talking 12hrs+). By the third day, however, I could hardly smell it past lunch. Its so strong that I learned my nose fatigues to it rather quickly. Not doubting your own perception, I can only say from my experiences it is loud and lasts a long time.
    Summer Rotation:

    Versace Pour Homme by Versace
    Cool Water Game by Davidoff
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    H.M. by Hanae Mori
    Vettiveru by Commes Des Garįons
    Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9
    Soon to include "Ab Spirit Silver"

    If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

    - OE (olfactoryexperience)

  20. #20

    Default Re: Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    No, it does not smell like Aventus. Aventus is pineapple-like, this isn't. It UNDOUBTEDLY Smells like Cool Water. Very inoffensive scent. Just think of Cool Water smell...you know, like soapish, clean, soft and simple scent. It does not have much going on, but in a good way. That is all. I like it.
    Letīs see!! I havenīt tried Aventus but one thing is true , Nightflight has nothing to do with Cool Water IMO, Nightflight has an opening based in sour orange + spicy PINEAPPLE and an oriental dry down based in sandalwood + amber.
    Last edited by blackened; 2nd November 2011 at 12:32 AM.
    my current top five (always in transition)

    Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garįons man 2

  21. #21

    Default Re: Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

    I blind bought it and hated it. It just smells so synthetic and reminds me of some body spray.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

    Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    I gave my bottle away to a friend. Nothing like aventus. very synthetic.
    Yes, I think allot of people were misleading in saying that it was an Aventus clone just because of the Pineapple. I didn't expect this, but yeah, totally wrong either way.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlfactoryExperience View Post
    I think I can relate to you here, but I must assert that I believe it to be the usual olfactory fatigue. During the spring of this year I tried wearing Nightflight for a week straight (an experiment of my fragrances that I had just undertaken). The first day I wore Nightflight, I could smell it all day and well into the evening (talking 12hrs+). By the third day, however, I could hardly smell it past lunch. Its so strong that I learned my nose fatigues to it rather quickly. Not doubting your own perception, I can only say from my experiences it is loud and lasts a long time.
    Thanks so much for the post and sharing your experience. I'm going to keep rocking this for a little while, I have been getting as little as 3 hours on this one, one of the biggest dissapoitments in terms of Longevity and Silliage per what others have been getting versus myself. I hope your right! Either way it will be in my collection, I really love the smell - may spray down my sheets with it haha!

    Quote Originally Posted by blackened View Post
    Letīs see!! I havenīt tried Aventus but one thing is true , Nightflight has nothing to do with Cool Water IMO, Nightflight has an opening based in sour orange + spicy PINEAPPLE and an oriental dry down based in sandalwood + amber.
    Nothing to do in terms of smell, Cool water and Nightflight are different. But I do get the "fresh" vibe from them both.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

  23. #23

    Default Re: Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

    I agree with Neil. It's a very nice scent indeed, but sillage and longevity are not as i expected from the reviews. A shame actually. All the scents i really like such as bulgari black, rochas man, dior homme have poor longevity/silage

  24. #24

    Default Re: Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

    Quote Originally Posted by Desert View Post
    I agree with Neil. It's a very nice scent indeed, but sillage and longevity are not as i expected from the reviews. A shame actually. All the scents i really like such as bulgari black, rochas man, dior homme have poor longevity/silage
    I donīt consider Bvlgari black a weak stuff, it lasts for a while on my skin.
    my current top five (always in transition)

    Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garįons man 2

  25. #25

    Default Re: Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

    Quote Originally Posted by blackened View Post
    I donīt consider Bvlgari black a weak stuff, it lasts for a while on my skin.
    Yes, longevity is good but projection is poor. It stays very close on my skin. but that can differ on people

  26. #26

    Default Re: Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin B Complex View Post
    I wore this three times and each time different women I walked past in the street took their knickers off and put them in my pocket.

    I also had a female co-worker lick my neck as I was putting paper into the photocopier.

    The best thing that happened with this fragrance though was when my girlfriend's best friend pinched my bum and winked at me at the bar as I was getting a round in.

    None of the above are true, but I like Nightflight, so please buy it.
    hahahahahahahhaha +1

  27. #27

    Default Re: Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    I thought I would bump an old thread instead of starting a new one. I just bought a 2.5oz bottle of Nightflight and LOVE the scent. Its a bit "Generic-vibed", but smells so fresh and invigorating. Its quite strong on the first spray, but the longevity is only about 3 hours on me, and silage is poor! I was kind of taken a back, considering it is said to be a monster.
    I came across Nightflight back in 1997 or 1998. Longevity was monster out of a sample that I received from the Bay, easilly on par with Joop PH. I bought a full bottle in some duty free in 2000. Same monster longevity. I purchased another bottle from ebay back in 2004 - same deal. Last bottle was purchased about 1.5 years ago... hmmm... this one is the same scent, but lasts much, much less than before...

    Also my older bottle had the Joop logo on the cap whether the newer bottle does not.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

    Quote Originally Posted by roman_nik View Post
    Last bottle was purchased about 1.5 years ago... hmmm... this one is the same scent, but lasts much, much less than before...

    Also my older bottle had the Joop logo on the cap whether the newer bottle does not.
    Oh! I see I see, Mine doesn't have any logo on the top. I have to say NF is pretty potent for the first hour or two but dissipates very quickly.

    Thanks muchly for your personal experience posting, I'm going to sample this one out a bit more.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Similar Threads

  1. Joop Nightflight
    By Anthony87 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12th December 2007, 07:41 PM
  2. Joop Nightflight
    By manicboy in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13th October 2005, 01:33 AM
  3. Joop Nightflight
    By in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st January 1970, 01:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •