Code of Conduct

Default Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

Hi folk,

I'm teetering on the edge of buying Joop Nightflight and I just need that little push to send me over edge. So sell it to me all you guys who love this fragrance and tell me why I shouldnt buy it all you haters.

I've heard that it is somewhat similar to Creed Aventus which I adore but dont yet own if this is of any help?

Thanks

Default Re: Joop Nightflight...sell it to me!

It's discontinued so jump on it while you can
    Last edited by Riley; 22nd August 2011 at 04:56 PM. Reason: added enabling prodding

It is nice but not extraordinary Just imagine very very sharp and loud blast of soapy lemon at begining that drydown into kinda nice close to skin sweet something Ok, it wasnt best description but it is how I percieve it.

For its price it is good but it is nothing I could not live without.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Ive had my eye on Nightflight for sometime now. Been meaning to pick some up myself.

Love Nightflight. Do yourself a favour and try it during the colder months. I can't wear it during summers but it's awesome during winters.

Aventus? Really?

No, it does not smell like Aventus. Aventus is pineapple-like, this isn't. It UNDOUBTEDLY Smells like Cool Water. Very inoffensive scent. Just think of Cool Water smell...you know, like soapish, clean, soft and simple scent. It does not have much going on, but in a good way. That is all. I like it.

I love the fragrance. Its definately on my to-buy list.

I wore this three times and each time different women I walked past in the street took their knickers off and put them in my pocket.

I also had a female co-worker lick my neck as I was putting paper into the photocopier.

The best thing that happened with this fragrance though was when my girlfriend's best friend pinched my bum and winked at me at the bar as I was getting a round in.

None of the above are true, but I like Nightflight, so please buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    No, it does not smell like Aventus.
    Agree. Aventus IMO is much more worthy of a purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Agree. Aventus IMO is much more worthy of a purchase.
    I personally would never spend over 100 on a fragrance since there is a plethora of amazing scents out there (department store or otherwise). So, Nightflight trumps Aventus in my mind. Aventus..smells nice, but something like M7 in my mind blows it out of the water when it comes to sniffing, and for much less the price. Creed = overrated!

I would say if you like or love Nightflight now would be the time to buy a backup. There's still some on Ebay but there aren't a large amount of sellers anymore.

Better than Aventus, get it while it's cheap!

Is this really discontinued? Based on what knowledge? I'm dubious of this as its always in circulation.
    Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme by Versace
    Cool Water Game by Davidoff
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    H.M. by Hanae Mori
    Vettiveru by Commes Des Garįons
    Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9
    Soon to include "Ab Spirit Silver"

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

No!

I just rediscovered this one after wearing it often in the 90's. While everyone was wearing Joop! Homme, I was wearing Nightflight.

I guess I was lucky to score a 4.2oz recently.

I thought I would bump an old thread instead of starting a new one. I just bought a 2.5oz bottle of Nightflight and LOVE the scent. Its a bit "Generic-vibed", but smells so fresh and invigorating. Its quite strong on the first spray, but the longevity is only about 3 hours on me, and silage is poor! I was kind of taken a back, considering it is said to be a monster.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

It's nice, and hard to overspray. Very fresh, cool and icy to me, smells great.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

I gave my bottle away to a friend. Nothing like aventus. very synthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    I thought I would bump an old thread instead of starting a new one. I just bought a 2.5oz bottle of Nightflight and LOVE the scent. Its a bit "Generic-vibed", but smells so fresh and invigorating. Its quite strong on the first spray, but the longevity is only about 3 hours on me, and silage is poor! I was kind of taken a back, considering it is said to be a monster.
    I think I can relate to you here, but I must assert that I believe it to be the usual olfactory fatigue. During the spring of this year I tried wearing Nightflight for a week straight (an experiment of my fragrances that I had just undertaken). The first day I wore Nightflight, I could smell it all day and well into the evening (talking 12hrs+). By the third day, however, I could hardly smell it past lunch. Its so strong that I learned my nose fatigues to it rather quickly. Not doubting your own perception, I can only say from my experiences it is loud and lasts a long time.
    Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme by Versace
    Cool Water Game by Davidoff
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    H.M. by Hanae Mori
    Vettiveru by Commes Des Garįons
    Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9
    Soon to include "Ab Spirit Silver"

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    No, it does not smell like Aventus. Aventus is pineapple-like, this isn't. It UNDOUBTEDLY Smells like Cool Water. Very inoffensive scent. Just think of Cool Water smell...you know, like soapish, clean, soft and simple scent. It does not have much going on, but in a good way. That is all. I like it.
    Letīs see!! I havenīt tried Aventus but one thing is true , Nightflight has nothing to do with Cool Water IMO, Nightflight has an opening based in sour orange + spicy PINEAPPLE and an oriental dry down based in sandalwood + amber.
    Last edited by blackened; 2nd November 2011 at 12:32 AM.
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garįons man 2

I blind bought it and hated it. It just smells so synthetic and reminds me of some body spray.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    I gave my bottle away to a friend. Nothing like aventus. very synthetic.
    Yes, I think allot of people were misleading in saying that it was an Aventus clone just because of the Pineapple. I didn't expect this, but yeah, totally wrong either way.

Quote Originally Posted by OlfactoryExperience View Post
    I think I can relate to you here, but I must assert that I believe it to be the usual olfactory fatigue. During the spring of this year I tried wearing Nightflight for a week straight (an experiment of my fragrances that I had just undertaken). The first day I wore Nightflight, I could smell it all day and well into the evening (talking 12hrs+). By the third day, however, I could hardly smell it past lunch. Its so strong that I learned my nose fatigues to it rather quickly. Not doubting your own perception, I can only say from my experiences it is loud and lasts a long time.
    Thanks so much for the post and sharing your experience. I'm going to keep rocking this for a little while, I have been getting as little as 3 hours on this one, one of the biggest dissapoitments in terms of Longevity and Silliage per what others have been getting versus myself. I hope your right! Either way it will be in my collection, I really love the smell - may spray down my sheets with it haha!

Quote Originally Posted by blackened View Post
    Letīs see!! I havenīt tried Aventus but one thing is true , Nightflight has nothing to do with Cool Water IMO, Nightflight has an opening based in sour orange + spicy PINEAPPLE and an oriental dry down based in sandalwood + amber.
    Nothing to do in terms of smell, Cool water and Nightflight are different. But I do get the "fresh" vibe from them both.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

I agree with Neil. It's a very nice scent indeed, but sillage and longevity are not as i expected from the reviews. A shame actually. All the scents i really like such as bulgari black, rochas man, dior homme have poor longevity/silage

Quote Originally Posted by Desert View Post
    I agree with Neil. It's a very nice scent indeed, but sillage and longevity are not as i expected from the reviews. A shame actually. All the scents i really like such as bulgari black, rochas man, dior homme have poor longevity/silage
    I donīt consider Bvlgari black a weak stuff, it lasts for a while on my skin.
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garįons man 2

Quote Originally Posted by blackened View Post
    I donīt consider Bvlgari black a weak stuff, it lasts for a while on my skin.
    Yes, longevity is good but projection is poor. It stays very close on my skin. but that can differ on people

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin B Complex View Post
    I wore this three times and each time different women I walked past in the street took their knickers off and put them in my pocket.

I also had a female co-worker lick my neck as I was putting paper into the photocopier.

The best thing that happened with this fragrance though was when my girlfriend's best friend pinched my bum and winked at me at the bar as I was getting a round in.

None of the above are true, but I like Nightflight, so please buy it.
    hahahahahahahhaha +1

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    I came across Nightflight back in 1997 or 1998. Longevity was monster out of a sample that I received from the Bay, easilly on par with Joop PH. I bought a full bottle in some duty free in 2000. Same monster longevity. I purchased another bottle from ebay back in 2004 - same deal. Last bottle was purchased about 1.5 years ago... hmmm... this one is the same scent, but lasts much, much less than before...

Also my older bottle had the Joop logo on the cap whether the newer bottle does not.

Quote Originally Posted by roman_nik View Post
    Last bottle was purchased about 1.5 years ago... hmmm... this one is the same scent, but lasts much, much less than before...

Also my older bottle had the Joop logo on the cap whether the newer bottle does not.
    Oh! I see I see, Mine doesn't have any logo on the top. I have to say NF is pretty potent for the first hour or two but dissipates very quickly.

Thanks muchly for your personal experience posting, I'm going to sample this one out a bit more.