Code of Conduct

Default What did you learn about your frags during the BN downtime this week ?

I learned that I prefer Creed OV over Mugler cologne. Ground breaking discovery.

Default Re: What did you learn about your frags during the BN downtime this week ?

I learned that I love Calandre. Picked up a backup bottle, which is something I never do.

Default Re: What did you learn about your frags during the BN downtime this week ?

I learned I like fumes way more than I should, lol. And I learned I am much more of a Dior fan than a Chanel fan. Dior is really an awesome house. Duc will be glad to hear that one I think.

I dont remember learning anything about any of my scents.
    I did learn that the other fragrance forums are completely useless when compared to BN. they have absolutely no content. Same terrible question over and over and most threads stop after 5 responses. The only interesting responses were from BN members that were posting there. Reviews are useless and amateur, unless by a BN member. Their only claim to fame is that they have pics of every scent....

Also youtube is pretty bad too and getting worse.
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Last edited by heperd; 4th April 2012 at 07:27 AM.
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    I did learn that the other fragrance forums are completely useless when compared to BN. they have absolutely no content. Same terrible question over and over and most threads stop after 5 responses. The only interesting responses were from BN members that were posting there. Reviews are useless and amateur, unless by a BN member. Their only claim to fame is that they have pics of every scent....
    fully agree

I learned that I should cherish every post about my frags I did not have the opportunity to publish during the downtime

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post
    I learned that I love Calandre. Picked up a backup bottle, which is something I never do.
    try calandre parfum..one of my most treasured possessions

Blog Entries

l learned that l am very susceptible to fragrance shopping online when l am not otherwise occupied with basenotes...
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I realised just how many fragrances I have compared to the average Joe on the street and had a moment of clarity that this is not normal. It soon passed though when basenotes came back.

I learnt that there are still too many things on my wish list

I actually managed to get some work done in the office for a change

...then after researching a bit and sampling it several times I ordered a large size bottle of MI.

Same terrible question over and over
    What is this question?

1. That I have more fragrances than I need
    2. That I have too many fragrances that I just like (not love) or which doesnt suit my personality (they will be leaving my wardrobe soon)
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

That I still have too many fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    That I still have too many fragrances.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo Lapin X View Post
    What is this question?
    One of these questions has to be "Is my fragrance a fake?". I don't know why, but the frequency of this being asked just gets on my nerves. There should be a "Is My Fragrance a Fake?" subforum under the Fragrance Industry forum. I realize that Basenotes is a wonderful place to tap into the knowledge of aficionados. However, it seems that a lot of folks come here to get an opinion on if their bottle is real and as soon as they get an answer they're never heard from again.
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears."

FAVORITES - Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Gandini 1896 Teak Wood, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Chanel Platinum Egoiste, Bond No.9 I Love NY Marriage Equality, Acqua di Parma Intensa Oud, Rasasi Faqat Lil Rijal, Slumberhouse Jeke extrait

Yea, not to mention way harder to follow in website design...

I learned that when this website is not up the internet is way less interesting. And I learned that google cache still let me get half my fix.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    l learned that l am very susceptible to fragrance shopping online when l am not otherwise occupied with basenotes...
    Me too !
    1.And I learned again that I do, in fact, have a perfume addiction ,a big big one.
    2.i have way too much perfume .............
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

My first thought was how the hell are the DHI viral marketers going to promote that sickly synthetic rubbish now?

I learned that I am addicted to posting my SOTD! Maybe I already knew that though.

Blog Entries

There was nothing new to learn about my fragrances, I know them well.

What I DID learn was how addicted I can be to any one website. So, my other websites were frequented more because Basenotes were down. I met a few of the members there, also hanging out with nothing better to do...

Being back here, now, I am relieved that the double-posting is not as bad as it was. But, the System is still very S L O W and patience-taxing.

As far as images of perfumes lacking here, a feature that Fragrantica has: all you have to do is copy/paste the image either from LuckyScent or from another store, and make it sit here, to illustrate.
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

Blog Entries

A big YES.

I prefer the straight-forwardness of BN over others (particularly Fragrantica). I lurk and post there just to see what's up. This is not a knock on Fragrantica, but the pictures actually annoy me more than anything. It's fun at first, but the posts tend to get messy, and most people tend to mis-read the content because of that distraction.

As for your youtube, I only go there (once in a blue moon!) to see how an authentic bottle looks like so I can examine mine.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    I learned the same!

I learned that spearmint combined with birchtar smells like steaming cat piss.
    Last edited by Nasenmann; 4th April 2012 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    I learned that I am addicted to posting my SOTD! Maybe I already knew that though.
    This too! I love having that record of what I've worn. It will help with culling eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasenmann View Post
    I learned that spearmint combined with birchtar smells like steaming cat piss.
    The Smell Of Weather Turning?

Is that another euphemism for "kitty taking a whiz"? Just kidding, I came to this conclusion after experimenting with diluted essential oils, haven't smelled The Smell Of Weather Turning yet. But if it smells anything like steaming cat piss, I figure it's not for me anyway...

Is that another euphemism for "kitty taking a whiz"? Just kidding, I came to this conclusion after experimenting with diluted essential oils, haven't smelled The Smell Of Weather Turning yet. But if it smells anything like steaming cat piss, I figure it's not for me anyway...
    Ah well, it's basically mint, ozonic notes, and strong birch tar... it's realllllly grim!

Hm, I like grim! I guess I should give it a shot next time I'm near a Lush store.

Hm, I like grim! I guess I should give it a shot next time I'm near a Lush store.
    Definitely worth a try. I like grim too... but only when it smells good.
    Dirty is my favourite dose of minty wierdness. Sure it gets overlooked and is considered boring due to it's popularity and huge body range to go with it, but there's no denying it's an awesome fragrance!

Quote Originally Posted by VC&Aph View Post
    fully agree
    Yes. Also learned I probably have an addiction problem...

Yeah, I like Dirty too - especially for during the dog days of summer!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I realised just how many fragrances I have compared to the average Joe on the street and had a moment of clarity that this is not normal. It soon passed though when basenotes came back.
    On the internet, everything is normal. Even Republicans.

I learned that I don't remember what I looked up on the internet before I discovered BN. I kept checking back throughout the night to see if it was back up.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    yep

I also learned that he SOTD thread influences my choice for the day
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

1: After packing up all my frags to move there were only 5 bottles that I almost immediately reached for to have accessible "just in case"

2: L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme is my new obsession, as well as the EDT.

3: I want to thin out some of my collection by selling off some bottles to buy backups of my most beloved frags.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

More is not enough.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

OV is a hugely underrated frag, one of my favorites from Creed

Ive learned that I can still buy frags with Basenotes still offline.

Basenotes Institution

That I really want Diorissimo by Dior.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

That most of my collection would not exist if not for the excellent info and advice here on basenotes.

That I don't actually wear fragrance that much unless I have fun people to talk about it with.

That Sous Le Vent is almost impossible to buy on-line (at least in Europe).

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    That Sous Le Vent is almost impossible to buy on-line (at least in Europe).
    Alfarom, I just joined and therefore I don't know whether you are aware of this website (link follows) of a Basenotes member. You could contact him with your questions.

http://monsieurguerlain3.blogspot.co...5/contact.html
    Last edited by Ursula; 12th April 2012 at 08:36 PM.

I learned that most of my cologne purchases are impulse driven. I just bought a new vehicle (after waiting 6 years and really improving my personal finance habits, savings, etc.), so I'm using this opportunity to reign in those impulses. Don't know how successful I'll be, but I'm aiming to cut my cologne purchases back to one per month to start. To an average Joe, that still sounds excessive, but I'm among friends here!

Wait... the downtime is over?!

i need to buy new cloths for winter, getting cold here in Australia. need to hold back on impulsive frag buying

Quote Originally Posted by Nersh View Post
    I learned that I prefer Creed OV over Mugler cologne. Ground breaking discovery.
    Duh!!!

I learned that I love Yatagan in the summer. Who woulda guessed ?

I love Yatagan !

Dependent

Yatagan in Summer is fantastic. Its versatility for day/night and all weather conditions is just another notch in its compositional belt.

(Don't reapply though . . . the castoreum doubles up, turning into a big hairy fat ogre hovering around you.)

Dependent

Yatagan in Summer is fantastic. Its versatility for day/night and all weather conditions is just another notch in its compositional belt.

(Don't reapply though . . . the castoreum doubles up, turning into a big hairy fat ogre hovering around you.)

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post

HAH, I was reapplying thinking the effect was gone. Though I have had allergies this week. Good to know MonkeyBars.

I learned that Back to Black is a much better scent than I had remembered. I just recently got in on a split of this and I gotta say I am very happy.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Dior Homme Parfum
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Noir de Noir
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. 5 o'clock au Gingembre
    9. Epic Man
    10.Tobacco Vanille

I learned that liking Santal Massoia on Facebook means creeping out Asian girls named Santal Massoia.

Quote Originally Posted by Nersh View Post
    I learned that I love Yatagan in the summer. Who woulda guessed ?
    I also like that you live in some third hemisphere where it's summer

Blog Entries

I learned that Basenotes is just talk - and my fragrances are real. Time to clean out a bit - evaluate - toss - plan new purchases.

I learnt that Paul Smith London is a very versatile fragrance that picks me up!

I want to buy fragrances when I'm on basenotes. When it was down, I enjoyed my fragrances more.