To me, not at all.
I saw some reviews of live jazz doing that comparison. For me it would be so awful if that´s true. Do they smell any similar?
Last edited by voidvader; 24th August 2011 at 08:00 AM.
To me, not at all.
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
I get no similarities in smell. Both have a minty note but they are quite different.
1. Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta
2. YSL M7
3. Tom Ford Bois Marocain
4. Creed Green Irish Tweed
5. Dior Homme/Intense
6. YSL Opium
7. Azzaro Pour Homme
8. Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur
9. YSL Live Jazz
10. Burberry London
The perfumer is the common note
Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Pomegranate Noir, Midnight in Paris EDP, Feeling Man, Essence of John Galliano, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.
Seeking decant/sample of PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man, Comme des Garcons 2 Man, Giorgio VIP, ....etc. I have samples to swap.
Please PM me !
Nor to me.
Nothing in common.
No similarities to me.
Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread
To my nose, as good as none
None at all.
Not to me either!
"Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each!" - Henry David Thoreau
Two very different fragrances. One is spicy-cool, other is a fresh-fougere. They have the same nose though.
They are very different of each other:
Cool Water is an Aquatic
Live Jazz a Citric scent with Tons of Coriander
Pierre Bourdon is the perfumer for both of them.
Both of them are fresh fougeres.
Both are well made, smell good, perform well, and it isn't uncommon to find congruence between them.
Last edited by pluran; 23rd August 2011 at 07:13 PM.
As the others have said-- same perfumer. Actually I find something about the ambergris base of Green Irish Tweed and that of Live Jazz to have a similarity.
These are two of my personal favorites. No, they don't smell alike, but they have the same kind of vibe and are in the same category (fresh fougere). Both are herbal/green to my nose. Live Jazz is all about Rhubarb/Spearmint/cilantro, while Cool Water is peppermint/lavender/moss. Both are bright and fresh, but in different ways.
Also, the bases are different. Cool Water is mossy and musky at the end, while Live Jazz has a sweet, "sparkly" ambergris base.
Last edited by BrianH1016; 24th August 2011 at 01:25 AM.