Code of Conduct

Default Any Philosykos Fans in Here?

I'm interested in it...

I have a couple questions for you.

What do you like about it?

What are some reactions or comments you've received while wearing it?

How wearable is it?

Look, I own and enjoy Fumerie Turque but honestly, I can't wear it in that many situations because it kind of freaks out the people around me and I'm not trying to be controversial or intrusive or draw tons of attention. It's a weird scent. How does Philosykos do in this area?

Is it also good in the fall and winter, or is it mainly a summer scent? (For those of you who have 'seasonal' leanings)

Thanks, Philosykosers!

Default Re: Any Philosykos Fans in Here?

Philosykos was... bloody odd on me. It has this incredible, almost unique creaminess about it while maintaining the figgy oddness that's it's allure.

For me, it's unwearable, on my girlfriend however, it's rather delightful.
    As above, so below.

'In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.'
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Sa Majeste La Rose and Green Irish for sale- P.M. me

It is a lovely fig scent. Really fresh without being aquatic. You won't be offending anyone with this one. I personally wear it more in Summer, but now you've mentioned it, I'm going to wear it today - Thanks!

AromiErotici

I like it and it will be in my new wardrobe for 2012.

its such a unique fragrance...more than a perfume if i were to be poetic.. whenever i wear it, i forget i'm wearing a "perfume"...

It's a definite bottle for spring and summer for me. It's unique, one of the best fig scents out there IMO. I do get a reasonable amount of complements by the females. It has good longevity, moderate projection, good versatility, and is an exceptional scent. The price tag is excellent for a niche fragrance. 50ml for $88 and 100ml for $120 definitely recommend this bottle to everyone who wishes to own a unique summer fragrance.

I think it is a great fragrance, particularly like wearing it in tropical places.

I think it is pretty wearable as it dries down to a cedar woodiness, certainly not out of line as a unisex scent.

I keep coming back to fig scents, there is something really appealing about them. You might also want to try the Heeley Figuier. It has more of a melon vibe, as opposed to the coconut/floral feel of Philosykos.
    Sans parfum, la peau est muette.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmopolit View Post
    I think it is a great fragrance, particularly like wearing it in tropical places.

I think it is pretty wearable as it dries down to a cedar woodiness, certainly not out of line as a unisex scent.

I keep coming back to fig scents, there is something really appealing about them. You might also want to try the Heeley Figuier. It has more of a melon vibe, as opposed to the coconut/floral feel of Philosykos.
    Thanks for the recommendation on Figuier. I have Dune and like it a lot, especially in the summer. I hear the fig note in Philosykos is much more prominent.

Banned

Literally just blind bought this! When it arrives I'll give my input!

A wonderful quality fragrance.

You can request samples from Diptyque's websites for free, they're quite generous with samples.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    You can request samples from Diptyque's websites for free, they're quite generous with samples.
    Cool! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ahep2007 View Post
    Literally just blind bought this! When it arrives I'll give my input!

Nice. I respect a hefty blind! Good luck, I'm looking forward to your reaction.

It's fantastic. Fig is not a note I generally like much, but this is a great one. It's very wearable, though the topnotes are extremely damp and green, like chopped foliage. After that, it's creamy, figgy, coconutty goodness. I have been complimented on it, and I think it's an ideal "summer evening" scent.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    It's a definite bottle for spring and summer for me. It's unique, one of the best fig scents out there IMO. I do get a reasonable amount of complements by the females. It has good longevity, moderate projection, good versatility, and is an exceptional scent. The price tag is excellent for a niche fragrance. 50ml for $88 and 100ml for $120 definitely recommend this bottle to everyone who wishes to own a unique summer fragrance.
    Thank you. I must have overlooked this reply before.

The only Diptyque I've tried before was L'Hombre Dans L'Eau and I did not like it at all. It was very flowery (kind of smelled like a nursery) and 'perfumey.' Does Philosykos possess a similar aura? I know some houses have a common vibe that's shared among their perfumes. I was wondering if this was the case for Diptyque.

I love this scent. The combination of fig with green notes is beautiful IMO. It has garnered a few compliments and a "you smell like celery" comment. It doesn't smell like celery. I heartily recommend it. For me its a year round thing but especially nice in the summer.

Cheers Rex
    My mom's great. I appreciate her sense of humor, patience and fondness for daytime drinking. :0)

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Thank you. I must have overlooked this reply before.

The only Diptyque I've tried before was L'Hombre Dans L'Eau and I did not like it at all. It was very flowery (kind of smelled like a nursery) and 'perfumey.' Does Philosykos possess a similar aura? I know some houses have a common vibe that's shared among their perfumes. I was wondering if this was the case for Diptyque.
    No! It smells nothing like L'Hombre Dans L'Eau! I can't stand that one - way flowery in a pot pouri kind of way. Philosykos is a clean, clear fairly linear scent - fig dominates, and if you try hard you may pick some coconut and cedar. Please @Buysblind, perish that thought! This one's a winner

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    No! It smells nothing like L'Hombre Dans L'Eau! I can't stand that one - way flowery in a pot pouri kind of way. Philosykos is a clean, clear fairly linear scent - fig dominates, and if you try hard you may pick some coconut and cedar. Please @Buysblind, perish that thought! This one's a winner
    Haha. That's good to know. I really did not like HDL. I'm getting pretty excited about Philosykos. Unfortunately, I gotta wait a long time before I get it. I've placed myself on fragrance austerity.

I think it's beautiful and evocative. Great for summer and spring.
    Slightly feminine, but like jenson has said, it's not very perfumey.
    It's not that much of a fig scent for me, but rather I get delicate fresh fruits (nectarine and grapes) and cedar with wonderful diffusion.

Molinard's fleur de figuier is another, and more figgy fragrance that I like.

I have an untouched sample of it sitting on my shelf, but I have my fig needs all covered by Annick Goutal's Ninfeo Mio, which I love endlessly, so I don't know when I'll decide on trying out Philosykos...

I love Olivia Giacobetti's creations.

for swap/sale:

Realistically green as hell and really wearable, IMO.

I gotta say, Philosykos is aweeeeeeesome. Really wearable on most occasions, its so fresh and green reminds me of walking through a damp equatorial forest (though there are more ferns than figs in those). If there is one qualm is its longevity. Fix that and it will be permanently on my rotation

In my humbled opinion, the best fig fragrance there is.
    - Expect the unexpected

A beautiful green/woody fragrance that represents the fig note quite realistically. I just may wear it as my SOTD tomorrow.

I recommend you getting samples of Tam Dao and Eau Duelle from the Diptyque website. I think they're both amazing scents imo. Definitely give these a try.

Like it, but havenīt purchased as Iīve satisfied my fig cravings with Jardin de Kerylos. Ninfeo Meo is another pleasant alternative.

My sample sprays just arrived today, and after waiting for my previous juice to wear off, I just put a spray on my wrist.

Initial impressions;

This stuff is GREEN! It almost smells like the unpierced skin of a freshly washed apricot. Super fresh smelling and almost vegetative. Totally different than what I was expecting (not in a bad way mind you). I'll be interested to see how this one develops.
    Last edited by Partario; 26th August 2011 at 02:20 PM.

Basenotes Plus

I really like it cause its a fig fragrance not overly sweet like MJ for Man or Premier Figuier. You get figs mixed whit green leaves. Once I read a review that I think its just perfect. Its smells like you are standing in front of a fig plant and you get the smell of the fruits, the leaves, the grass, the soil all mixed up and IMO it perfectly balanced. Very refreshing and perfect for a hot summer day.

I'm really torn right now between Philosykos and Bvlgari Black (I know....two completely different scents).

Though I've placed myself on fragrance austerity, I got a gift coming my way ....and it's gonna be one or the other.

This thread really has me leaning toward Philosykos. From what you're all describing it sounds really good and completely unlike anything else I have experienced.

Any impressions on the Philosykos perfume oil?

http://www.spacenk.co.uk/product/fra...+philosykos.do

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Any impressions on the Philosykos perfume oil?

http://www.spacenk.co.uk/product/fra...+philosykos.do
    <<<slobber>>>

I had no idea that existed! Thanks! I definitely need to check that out.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    <<<slobber>>>

I had no idea that existed! Thanks! I definitely need to check that out.
    I think it's only been out for a month or so. I first spotted it at Liberty, a couple of weeks ago.

Fantastic fragrance. I own it and love it. Always postive comments on this one.

It's great and very wearable, despite being a sort of weird idea at first blush. It has the house green note and as others have said a sort of sappy creamy quality. Decent longevity and not nearly as odd or willful as it sounds.
    '...And you'll carry me down on your dancing
    To the pools that you lift on your wrist...'

Count me in as another fan. I will get a bottle (or a small rollon parfum oil) soon.
    Its actually perfect balanced, well done, invigorating and natural.
    I dont get much fig the fruit from it, but the entire tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Strollyourlobster View Post
    It's great and very wearable, despite being a sort of weird idea at first blush. It has the house green note and as others have said a sort of sappy creamy quality. Decent longevity and not nearly as odd or willful as it sounds.
    Is the house green note also in Ofresia and Hombre Dans L'Eau?

Those are the two Diptyques I sampled and they were almost too green and real for me. I felt like I was in a nursery around plants and flowers (not something I care to smell like).

An earlier poster had mentioned that it's nothing like Hombre Dans L'Eau, but how about Ofresia?

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    I love Olivia Giacobetti's creations.
    + 1 She's looks rather pretty.