Code of Conduct

Default SMN, only one frag to choose, your pick?

i visited the firenze shop few years ago and wasnt too impressed with the line. i think it had to do with my lack of experience with niche perfumery. i am going to visit there again and now with more experience and open mind and purchase one frag. in your opinion which one of SMN frags stand out and has this "wow" factor? i like frags with presence like Antaeus and Bel ami and i guess the" immediate suspect" will be Acqua di cuba according to the reviews. which is your pick?

Default Re: SMN, only one frag to choose, your pick?

Peau d'Espagne

Sur la Plage

Potpourri
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Ginestra.

Nostalgia
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

All those mentioned are worthy. My vote for Nostalgia (petrol note, which is fleeting though), or Acqua di Cuba (strange honey).

However, I actually prefer their soaps and related products. A favorite are the "Carta d'Armenia" (scented paper) for the drawers or to burn (it's a benzoin-spice mix). Or the tabacco toscano soap (intense tobacco). The "carte per conservare la lana" (paper strips to keep wool against moths) are a spice blast.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by damon View Post
    I visited the Firenze shop few years ago and wasn't too impressed with the line.
    Same here.

Not a fan of the colognes, but I'm a big fan of the soaps. Sapone Alla Mandorla (almond scented) is the greatest soap yet created by man. Of course, at $16.00 a bar, it better be. The one SMN cologne I've always wanted to try is its tobacco cologne -- TPC didn't have it in stock when I tried to order a sample.

Acqua di Cuba is gross...thick, honeyed tobacco. It makes me nauseous...but ymmv.

I can't say I adore the line...Nostalgia is good, but Bvlgari Black is cheaper (albeit much more tame). Many of the scents rely on terrific, natural top/heart notes, then fall into soapy-musk bases that I dislike.

I'm starting to be turned off of Acqua di Cuba. I loved it before, but I don't wear it anymore.

Damon, if you like Bel Ami and Antaeus, give Opoponax and Spanish Leather ( aka Peau d'Espagne) a try. They don't smell alike, but I'm just putting two and two together....
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I'm female, but I love Citta Di Kyoto. It has been a while since I last tested it. I'm not sure if it is too femme. Sample it and report back, please. I've been wanting to buy a decant or bottle of this, but the opportunity to do so hasn't presented itself. If I were to visit, I would also sample Peau d'Espagne. I'm a leather fan though. Have fun

Potpourri and their lavender products (esp Acqua di Lavanda Ambratta).

I would have chosen Nostalgia but then I happened to test Ottone. OMG!

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I got Nostalgi,Citta di Kyoto and Peau d'Espagne.

My favorite is Pd'E. CdK is a very soft feminine iris(gave it to my wife) and sadly, as Cacio said, the captivating petrol note is very fleeting.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Potpourri
    +1 ... delicious!

From SMN I have bottles of Patchouli, Potpourri, Peau d' Espana, Toscono, Sandalwood and Maresciella. I like all of them, but by far my favorite is the often overlooked gem Maresciella . Out of the bottle it is a medicinal blast of purifying rubber squeaky cleanliness that flows nicely into the mace + nutmeg incense heart of the scent. It is a very old world scent full of mystery and spirit. I never get tired of wearing it. It is nice to experience some of the natural alchemy the Dominican monks were creating back at the monastery ( circa 1828).

I love my Citta di Kyoto. Not feminine at all by the way.
    Their Patchouli is also amazing. Most of their scents have a nice soapy, old-timer feel that manages to remain dry and in the end comes off as being avant garde.

I wonder who their perfumer is. Ideas anyone?
    Now blogging about Christos for Men by Christopher Chronis http://wp.me/13WRd

Vintage Jacomo Eau Cendree available for sale

Quote Originally Posted by cpk View Post
    I love my Citta di Kyoto. Not feminine at all by the way.
    Their Patchouli is also amazing. Most of their scents have a nice soapy, old-timer feel that manages to remain dry and in the end comes off as being avant garde.

I wonder who their perfumer is. Ideas anyone?
    Good to see you posting here CPK!

I'd also like to know who their perfumer is.
    I don't like all the perfumes but their perfumer is definitely talened.

for swap/sale: