Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Al Rehab fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Mukhallat Al Bahrain is honey sweet and very pleasant, and smells better than other Al-Rehab mukhallats I've tried. However, I think that the drydown was a little unsure of itself but I can't be completely sure.
    Is there any designer or niche scent you feel it compares to in any way ? Any gourmand or Lutens that the honey sweet character reminds you of ? Maybe honey sweet like Arabie ? I can't wait to search out these newer releases.

I really can't say, DULLAH, as I briefly tested it when buying the Choco Musk. But, yes, you could say there was a dense and syrupy Lutens vibe about it.

I'm planning to buy a few more bottles, in a day or two, so will report back.

-------

anyone tried fares ? i think it is one of al-rehabs best

A couple of months ago, I tried a chocolate Al Rehab that reminded me of Chocolate Greedy but lighter and better executed.
    Having never tried Chocolate Greedy.....does it have as strong a "marshmallow" accord to it as does Al Rehab's ChocoMusk ?
    And is the chocolate more a sweet milk chocolate or more a cocoa powder like the Al Rehab ?

I have tried a few of these and the one which has really impressed me so far is Dhen Al-Oud. After the initial blast of burning car tire, this really grew on me and I keep going back for more.

(I do admit that I have no idea what proper Oud smells like.)
    Mark K

Silver is a good ripoff of SMW for $8. Superman is very heavy on the cloves.
    Want to trade - Chanel Platinum Egoiste for Dior Eau Sauvage...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

Quote Originally Posted by MarkStar View Post
    I have tried a few of these and the one which has really impressed me so far is Dhen Al-Oud. After the initial blast of burning car tire, this really grew on me and I keep going back for more.

(I do admit that I have no idea what proper Oud smells like.)
    Im glad you like it. it really smelled like a horse stall to me.
    Want to trade - Chanel Platinum Egoiste for Dior Eau Sauvage...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Im glad you like it. it really smelled like a horse stall to me.
    me as well. really really filthy dirty greasy nasty animalic top. couldn't make it to the middle or base.

I think I've tried Fares - a soapy flower, from what I recall of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Having never tried Chocolate Greedy.....does it have as strong a "marshmallow" accord to it as does Al Rehab's ChocoMusk ?
    And is the chocolate more a sweet milk chocolate or more a cocoa powder like the Al Rehab ?
    From what I can recall of Chocolate Greedy, it's not marshmallow creamy and has a wafer accord that smells a bit like cardboard. It's also isn't milkier than Choco Musk.

Super curious to know everyone's opinions of these fragrances, and what their prominent notes are:

Mukhallat Al Bahrain
    Mokhalat Al Oud
    Sandal Rose
    Golden Sand
    Makkawi
    Action
    Istanbul Rose
    Gihan
    Cheba
    French Rose
    Beirut

DULLAH, I found Sandal Rose to be rather bland and uneventful. I originally expected a lot more.

Mukhallat Al Bahrain is honey sweet and very pleasant, and smells better than other Al-Rehab mukhallats I've tried. However, I think that the drydown was a little unsure of itself but I can't be completely sure.
    None of my local stores carry Mukhallat sl Bahrain yet. How does it differ from:

Mokhalat Al Oud
    Mokhalat Dubai
    Mokhalat Al Rehab

None of my local stores carry Mukhallat sl Bahrain yet. How does it differ from:

Mokhalat Al Oud
    Mokhalat Dubai
    Mokhalat Al Rehab
    Not sure, to be honest. I plan to get some more Choco Musk, during the weekend. I'll check and get back to you.

DULLAH, I could only find Mokhalat Al Rehab as a point of reference (which I find very similar to Bakhour). With all three of them, they possess a jammy sweetness but both Bakhour and Mokhalat Al Rehab have a floral aspect that verges too close to air freshener territory, for my tastes. With Mukhallat Al Bahrain, it's less floral and more fruity. Furthermore, I don't get that air freshener vibe as I do with the others.

Btw, I also picked up a bottle of Musk Al Ghazal - it's a less animalic and aggressive take on deer musk oil, which is easier to wear. It's actually not bad!

DULLAH, I could only find Mokhalat Al Rehab as a point of reference (which I find very similar to Bakhour). With all three of them, they possess a jammy sweetness but both Bakhour and Mokhalat Al Rehab have a floral aspect that verges too close to air freshener territory, for my tastes. With Mukhallat Al Bahrain, it's less floral and more fruity. Furthermore, I don't get that air freshener vibe as I do with the others.
    Ok cool. looks like I'll have to track down some online, as none of my local places have it.

Edit: I found it at at online shop, but the packaging look much older......perhaps the newer version is an entirely different scent re-using a familiar name ?

http://islamicshoponline.com/product...id=ceokfkssdrf

^ I'm not convinced it's an Al-Rehab but I could be wrong. Also, the golden oval doesn’t look like it says Al-Rehab – more CA _ NAL or something along those lines.

Where I buy my Al-Rehabs, they also stock perfume oils by this other company (can’t remember the name) and their style of packaging is very similar – even down to the triangular 6ml boxes.

But, hey, you may end up liking it!

I went through an Al Rehab phase in the past. A few that haven't been mentioned yet are Dalal, Balkis and Silver (But with gold text. Different to the Silver which smells like SMW).

I'm intrigues about this Choco Musk. Will try to source it.

Sufyaan, there are loads of other new Al-Rehab releases I've yet to try such as Vanilla Musk, Moroccan Rose, Delightful (florals), Tooty Musk (raspberry musk), Passion, Bulgarian Rose, Cherry Flower (cherry musk), Alf Zahra (florals) and Pension (yes, seriously). It's just never-ending!

As for Choco Musk, it's officially now my favourite Al-Rehab. It doesn't have any overtly synthetic/cheap undertones, smells more than on par with the niche equivalents (Montale, Guerlain, Mazzolari, etc.), is personally more preferable to cocoa absolute and potentially still captivating in the long-term (unlike most Al-Rehabs). Lasts at least 12 hours too!

As for Choco Musk, it's officially now my favourite Al-Rehab. It doesn't have any overtly synthetic/cheap undertones, smells more than on par with the niche equivalents (Montale, Guerlain, Mazzolari, etc.), is personally more preferable to cocoa absolute and potentially still captivating in the long-term (unlike most Al-Rehabs). Lasts at least 12 hours too!
    It's a wonderful cocoa-marshmallow gourmand. Really is. i see the Mukhallat Al Bahrain you pictured on the far right, is from Crown Perfumes, but you say it's not Al Rehab ? Crown has multiple lines in similar packaging bearing the crown ?

i see the Mukhallat Al Bahrain you pictured on the far right, is from Crown Perfumes, but you say it's not Al Rehab ? Crown has multiple lines in similar packaging bearing the crown ?
    DULLAH, totally agree with you but I was referring to the link you posted earlier (red and gold box):

http://islamicshoponline.com/product...id=ceokfkssdrf

It's doesn't look like an Al-Rehab but, then again, the photo quality isn't great.

It's a wonderful cocoa-marshmallow gourmand. Really is.
    Yeah, it's really wonderful! I ended up buying a carton of the stuff!

Looking to grab a few from this house down the road, a friend of mine has a few from a trip to Dubai

May I revive this thread...?

I also became interested in attars and bought online 2 of Al Rehab : Bakhoor and Sa'at safa (3, 6 ml res. oil roller), I expect them to arrive in about one week (from England to the Netherlands). It seems there is not a lot of info out there on those frags. Another question I have - how noticeable would the scent be when my skin is relatively cool, or the weather is cold ?

Sorry - double....

hi all

i had never heard of al rehab before, but dullah gave me a heads up on choco musk...

i purchased a 3ml bottle from ebay, and i absolutely love it! the only problem i have is where to purchase more from. i can only find it for sale on ebay in 3ml bottles. there is an al rehab UK web site, but it does not seem to stock choco musk.

does anyone know a good place to buy this in the uk? also, it only comes in 3ml and 6ml bottles, nothing larger correct?

thanks guys.

Sufyaan, there are loads of other new Al-Rehab releases I've yet to try such as Vanilla Musk, Moroccan Rose, Delightful (florals), Tooty Musk (raspberry musk), Passion, Bulgarian Rose, Cherry Flower (cherry musk), Alf Zahra (florals) and Pension (yes, seriously). It's just never-ending!

Thanks for the other recommendations and the description of Choco Musk. I think I am going to have to source a bottle!

Apologies for the delay in replying..... thought I had done so until I got an alert on the thread revival

One of my coworkers (he's from Senegal) showed me something he had. It was a little roll-on bottle and it said Al Rehab on the top of it. I tried a little on and it wasn't too bad-- the composition wasn't as legible as we're used to with Western perfumery. I couldn't tell what the name of it was because the label was so worn. It was sweet and floral-- at bit on the feminine side. It was worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by cte View Post
    hi all

i had never heard of al rehab before, but dullah gave me a heads up on choco musk...

i purchased a 3ml bottle from ebay, and i absolutely love it! the only problem i have is where to purchase more from. i can only find it for sale on ebay in 3ml bottles. there is an al rehab UK web site, but it does not seem to stock choco musk.

does anyone know a good place to buy this in the uk? also, it only comes in 3ml and 6ml bottles, nothing larger correct?

thanks guys.
    I would try ebay.co.uk most of the sellers in the EU appear to be UK based anyway and you're protected by local laws.
    I found a "choco musk"

yes - 3 ml only - but better than nothing I guess, plus this guy seems to have a good range - maybe you can call them directly ?

I buy almost everything on ebay these days, gadgets, clothes, frags...

** mind, it might take you to the Dutch sites (which I use to see Euro prices and relevant shipping fees - but you should be able to save the item to your lists and then look up at the UK ebay.

Oya - here 6 ml choco in England :
    Choco 6 ml

En-Joy
    Last edited by L2003; 23rd May 2012 at 07:37 PM.

thanks so much L2003!! i would have never found that. the 6ml should be perfect for me. much appreciated!

yea, the 3ml i purchased from ebay was 2.60 delivered. even at that price... 100ml would work out quite expensive. i am going to try that link you gave and then maybe buy more in bulk if i can't get enough of the stuff!

thanls again mate!!!