Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Al Rehab fragrances

Glad it helped

Anyway, some of the ebay retailers offer bulk of 6 pc x 6 ml, a 100 ml sounds a lot to me.... this is quite a long term commitment ! Suppose you overdose on it and then move on and leave 80 ml unused ? . Anyway, I think a telephone call would get you much further than an email when you have special requests

yes, you are probably right lol! i do get bored of frags after a while. i decided to buy just 2 6ml's from your link last night. the 3ml i have is lasting me ages, so 12ml should keep me happy for quite a while.

i also spotted al rehab silver 35ml on ebay for £4.50 delivered, which seems a bargain. i have not tried it but at that price i can't let it pass!

Being perfume oils, you really do not need a big amount. And Al Rehabs are pretty strong anyway.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

I ordered the oil-rollers of Bakhoor, Sa'at Safa and Sharquiah. Is anyone here familiar with those scents ?

My addiction-frag is no other than Tabu (Dana), and generally I prefer the oriental (optional woody or floral). scents with the deeper lower notes. What Al Rehab oils do you think would correspond to that ? Would Fares be a good choice ? With this I like to add I dislike "foody" or candy scents (as I also don't like sweets - sorry CTE...).

Oya - I prefer female / unisex and my skin chemistry is towards spicy.

ah, well i have a massive sweet tooth lol! xD ...and gourmands are now favorite frag type!

choco musk is slightly more feminine than i would normally go for, but i do absolutely love it throughout. it has a lovely sweet vanilla vibe (vanilla being a primary love of mine in frags), especially smelling it on clothes a day or 2 later. deee-licious!!!

i will post my thoughts on 'silver' when it arrives, and i look forward to hearing more impressions of these al rehab frags from people.

ps: lmao at your sig lloyd!!

Quote Originally Posted by cte View Post
    ps: lmao at your sig lloyd!!
    Thanks mate I sometimes think it's a bit "rated R", lol!
    My favourite Al Rehab is Khaliji, it is such a great Rose 31 substitute!

Quote Originally Posted by atrac View Post
    "They tried to make me buy Al Rehab, I said, NO NO NO."
    I just had to say that song goes through my head every time I see the title of this thread pop up on the New Posts page.

I found a list of Al Rehab scents with descriptions and grading, I have no idea how accurate it is - if anyone can add info - would you please.

http://www.al-rashad.com/Al-Rehab-Cr...s_p_3577.html#

Basically I'm just being impatient waiting for my attars to arrive !!
    Last edited by L2003; 25th May 2012 at 08:06 PM.

Where do they sell them in middle east?

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    My favourite Al Rehab is Khaliji, it is such a great Rose 31 substitute!
    i ordered this after your recommendation lloyd! the 35ml bottles are such amazing value. hard not to blind buy them! i hope they do a 35ml choco musk in the future. it's much more expensive having to purchase the small bottles.

i had not spotted that list before L2003. nice one!! i can't see choco musk in there though lol! 5 from me! xD

Sorry about the absent choco-musk CTE I actually looked for it on the list, but it seems Rehab has so many frags it is impossible to get a total list...

Khaliji sounds a bit citrusy... not so much to my taste... I like the deep heavy oriental-sweet scents (my addiction is Tabu of Dana - if you know it.... a scent beyond words...) I'm sooo curious to see if any of the attars will smell similar (I also get the urge to buy all the Tabu bottles I can find....)

Kimo - in the ME I guess your best bet in online, just google Al Rehab and the shops (mostly islam-related items and attars among them) should come up - otherwise Ebay or amazon, pay attention to shipping costs and custom restrictions (depending on where you live).

CTE choco-musk excitement made me think of a long time ago - back in my student years - one guy was celebrating his birthday, it was 4 of us and no booze, other than a 100 ml aftershave (80%) he received from his parents and didn't like... of course being young, sober and desperate.... we drank the aftershave....A horrifying experience, and I guess you can imagine the side-effects.... I guess this counts as a fragrance experience..... I would post a review on it if I remembered what it was... LOL

If I come across choco-musk I'll be sure to post here
    Although if you search ebay for chocolate oil - several items come up.
    Last edited by L2003; 26th May 2012 at 07:14 PM.

i ordered this after your recommendation lloyd! the 35ml bottles are such amazing value. hard not to blind buy them! i hope they do a 35ml choco musk in the future. it's much more expensive having to purchase the small bottles.

i had not spotted that list before L2003. nice one!! i can't see choco musk in there though lol! 5 from me! xD
    I doubt you'll be disappointed!

I received so far :

Al Sharquiah : overwhelming at first, but after 1-2 hours settles into a nice oudh (I think) woody spicy scent, although not exactly comparable, it reminds me of Tabu and a little of Obsession (mind, my experience in scents so far is quite limited). A very nice unisex scent, the longevity is amazing - especially when I applied some on a comb and ran that through my hair - stayed for 2 days
    * The evening of the second day I went to the gym, and when I was warming up the silage expanded to about 2 m range and I felt I just had this cloud of pleasant scent around me love it !!

Bakhoor : Very very sweet and flowery - jasmine, rose and incense. Not only feminine, but girly I think this is more for younger (and whiter) women, longevity so far seems a little less than Sharquiah - but still more than the average spray.

(update)
    Saat safa : I learned by now to wait at least one hour between application and judgement... Saat Safa is fantastic, it is a bit lifted, but a good musky, spicy sweet scent. Feminine, yet not too girly (like Bakhoor) but not as deep and captivating like Sharquiah. It is definitely my no. 2 so far. The silage is is decent and the lasting power is amazing.

Ok, I notice my response to Sharquiah is somewhat similar to Tabu - I have to have it on my arms and in my hair and sniff it every few minutes... Although both frags are spicy oriental, they have very few common factors.

Is anyone here familiar with Sharquiah ? what is that specific strong spicy nearly medicinal note at the top, that later turns into this deep heavy spicy smokey scent ???? Is this oudh ??? Am I another Oudh-ict ???

If anyone here knows which Al Rehab oils have that deep spicy smokey scent that later turns sweet - I would really appreciate some info.
    Last edited by L2003; 1st June 2012 at 07:34 PM.

I recently purchased a few AR oils and sprays. My purchases were from different sellers on Ebay. All except one were based in the UK.

Before I list the fragrances I must say that it was a complete waste of money. The anticipation of receiving exotic arabian oils was way more interesting than what I actually received. I cannot in good faith recommend any of these to BaseNoters. However if you are in the UK and pass by an store selling these do walk in and try them for yourselves.

I can buy way better quality oils on the street in Harlem,NYC or from theislamicmall.com (aka. mystic oils)

I purchased:

Champion Black Oil -

Smells like a cheap oil version of Platinum Egoiste by Chanel. I have bought better PE dupes on Ebay from US sellers like "designer body oilz ". Very weak short lived with a chemical underbelly. The ad said that this is a big seller...why ?

Superman Spray 50ml.-

Oddly enough this "spray" was the most potent of any fragrance (oil or spray) that I purchased. A Spicy musk is the best way to describe it. Have you ever been to someones house that keeps a cute deodorant spray on the toilet for guests ? This is great for that. I did hold on to this one. Although I couldn't imagine actually wearing this as a fragrance.

Dakar spray 50ml -

" A mix of french and arabian perfumery" ? Take the Champion Black oil and add a green chemical note to it and you get Dakar. I was dying for this to arrive. When it did "plunk" right in the garbage.

Khaliji Oil 3ml-

I've read good reviews about this...why ? Weak green oil very similar to Dakar but with some other chemical additive to give it a slightly different smell. I put quite a bit of oil on smells very weak.

All in all a total waste of $40 + dollars. I should have bought food with the money of added another $40 or so dollars to the mix and purchased a bottle of something decent.

I have two Al Rehab roll on's, Khaliji and Silver.

Silver might smell quite similar to Creed's Silver Mountain Water; but noticeably different to me, at least for a while.

Khaliji might of grown on me, but it does seem to have a.. kind of underarm body odor smell and a pickle-esque smell as well.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    I recently purchased a few AR oils and sprays. My purchases were from different sellers on Ebay. All except one were based in the UK.

Before I list the fragrances I must say that it was a complete waste of money. The anticipation of receiving exotic arabian oils was way more interesting than what I actually received. I cannot in good faith recommend any of these to BaseNoters. However if you are in the UK and pass by an store selling these do walk in and try them for yourselves.

I can buy way better quality oils on the street in Harlem,NYC or from theislamicmall.com (aka. mystic oils)

I purchased:

Champion Black Oil -

Smells like a cheap oil version of Platinum Egoiste by Chanel. I have bought better PE dupes on Ebay from US sellers like "designer body oilz ". Very weak short lived with a chemical underbelly. The ad said that this is a big seller...why ?

Superman Spray 50ml.-

Oddly enough this "spray" was the most potent of any fragrance (oil or spray) that I purchased. A Spicy musk is the best way to describe it. Have you ever been to someones house that keeps a cute deodorant spray on the toilet for guests ? This is great for that. I did hold on to this one. Although I couldn't imagine actually wearing this as a fragrance.

Dakar spray 50ml -

" A mix of french and arabian perfumery" ? Take the Champion Black oil and add a green chemical note to it and you get Dakar. I was dying for this to arrive. When it did "plunk" right in the garbage.

Khaliji Oil 3ml-

I've read good reviews about this...why ? Weak green oil very similar to Dakar but with some other chemical additive to give it a slightly different smell. I put quite a bit of oil on smells very weak.

All in all a total waste of $40 + dollars. I should have bought food with the money of added another $40 or so dollars to the mix and purchased a bottle of something decent.
    I'm really sorry to hear about your experiences but most Al Rehabs are fun, cheap and somewhat synthetic fragrances that shouldn't be taken too seriously. Occasionally, you'll find a gem (like Choco Musk) but they're so cheap that it's worth delving into.

Now, before you say "But $40 isn't cheap!", how much did they cost minus shipping? It's just that none of them should have cost you more than roughly $5-6 each (the 3ml oils are sold in the UK for one or two pounds, depending where you buy them from).

Four Al-Rehabs for over £25 is pretty steep, IMHO. They should have cost you no more than a tenner (without postage, of course).

I just ordered a couple of Silver 35ml bottles, let's hope it works well in the hot summer!
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just ordered a couple of Silver 35ml bottles, let's hope it works well in the hot summer!
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Al Rehab deserves more BN love. They are dirt cheap fun (one Amazon vendor has the small roll ons for a buck) and some of them are excellent. Yes, most of them are closer to accords than actual perfumes but, honestly, who cares? What they lack in development they more than make up for in pricing and development isn't everything. Sometimes I just want something vaguely oud-y without reaching for the Montale. They excel in such circumstances. They also beat the hell out of some of the expensive designer ouds. It's like scotch (my new love now distracting me from frags); Laphroig beats Islay Mist but if all you want is a good lick of peat smoke go for the cheaper blend. Both are still better than Speyburn. Montale beats Oudy but if all you want is a whiff of barnyard oud go for Oudy. Both beat the hell out of Killian's Pure Oud.

I dislike Al-Rehab. All I have tried of their line is so...gaudily synthetic.

I have Silver & Choco Musk and they´re a pretty cheap fragrances!!

I have the entire collection sold by al-rashad (an excellent online retailer who offers impeccable service at a fair price).

Every al-rehab shares a common element I honestly cannot describe. Perhaps it is in the oil base or some common ingredient, but it some sort of synthetic chemical signature that guarantees those familiar with this house will always be able to identify one of their scents. I don't find it appealing but have gotten used to it. Oil perfumery is just so different from alcohol based. There is a top series of notes on application that are often screechy, with the payoff being in the base when it settles and that can take an hour or more with some of these.

It is so easy to over apply al-rehab scents because oil frags bloom to their full potential well after application. One two or three inch roll across a wrist is plenty! Rub vigorously with your other arm until well incorporated into your skin (the oil residue will disappear).

Keep away from clothing and face. You don't want oil on your clothes or a perpetual top note hanging around. On your face or neck it becomes way too overpowering to yourself.

I agree with others who describe these cheapies as fun. A lot of Arab houses charge hundreds for a small bottle of stuff a lot of westerners could never wear (strongly fecal, animalic barnyard ouds in particular) in this era of "clean, aqua, light" this or that. Al-rehab is a safe and fun entry into oils. If you like this style, you can graduate to better things. If you don't, you will not have spent $300 on a bottle your ex-friends will describe as liquid poo from a porta-potty before they disown you.

Quote Originally Posted by Merely View Post
    I dislike Al-Rehab. All I have tried of their line is so...gaudily synthetic.
    I could see that being a big turn off for some folks. I don't mind so much for their ouds since I've got no natural baseline to compare (well, one Cambodian oud but that stuff just didn't count in my mind); whatever they use smells similar to the synthetic agarwoods in the Western oud frags.

Also, in reply to various PMs, I can't seem to find the Amazon vendor anymore. It was AK books or something like that.

miaw2

Hi my friends,

Does Al-Rashad takes much time to ship the items?

I've placed an order of Aseel in Aug. 18 but not shipped yet, im a bit worried (and anxious to smell it!).

-----------------------------

They took 8 days to ship and i got them overseas within a week.
    Last edited by miaw2; 14th September 2012 at 09:03 PM.

Basenotes Junkie

I've been rocking Silver all week while I was away on vacation at a lakeside cabin. It's great because I could easily carry around the little bottle of oil in my backpack. I've never smelled SMW, but I've really come to love Al-Rehab Silver.

Quote Originally Posted by miaw2 View Post
    Hi my friends,

Does Al-Rashad takes much time to ship the items?

I've placed an order of Aseel in Aug. 18 but not shipped yet, im a bit worried (and anxious to smell it!).

-----------------------------

They took 8 days to ship and i got them overseas within a week.
    I ordered a bottle of "Golden" on a Friday evening and they did not ship it out until the next Wednesday. So, they are not terribly fast -- but I've dealt with worse.

I have never heard anyone mention "Golden" so I'll have it tomorrow and post my thoughts. Not sure why I ordered it, to be honest. Not sure what to expect (maybe that's why!).

- - - Updated - - -

I received my "Golden" today. Not a fan at all. It's quite feminine, VERY powerful. I did one spray on my arm and it knocked me on my tush.

It terms of notes -- it is difficult to describe. A co-worker said it smells like cinnamon. Perhaps, but some other notes in their too.

I'm reminded more of incense. It reminds me of the smell inside of an adult book store I used to visit in Columbus, OH. :P

At any rate, I have no idea where they got "Golden" from but it doesn't make me think of Gold at all.

So, Silver is great. Golden is not. But maybe others would like it -- it's just not for me.

I just used some alcohol swabs to try and get it off -- no luck. So if it's a smell you like, it has tremendous sillage and long lasting power. A real value, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by atrac View Post
    I received my "Golden" today. Not a fan at all. It's quite feminine, VERY powerful. I did one spray on my arm and it knocked me on my tush.

It terms of notes -- it is difficult to describe. A co-worker said it smells like cinnamon. Perhaps, but some other notes in their too.

I'm reminded more of incense. It reminds me of the smell inside of an adult book store I used to visit in Columbus, OH. :P
    Yeah, I would classify Golden as a spicy oriental (but more sweet than feminine, IMHO). There's something strange in the composition - possibly a heavy-handed serving of fennel. One minute I liked it, the next minute I didn't. It's one of the few Al-Rehabs that left me on the fence. Great longevity, though.

Has anyone tried OUDY ? I got a whiff of a bottle that was sitting in the sun but it was very nice. Although boiling hot !

re post #88...Yes, I had a small 3ml rollerball of Oudy oil and liked it enough to go back and get a larger 8ml size rollerball of the oil AND the 35ml edp spray. These are almost different scents; the spray is quite peppery. I like these both alot (as well as Dehn al-oud) especially for casual wear e.g. flannels/jeans during the weekends doing yardwork or just kickin around.

re post #50... Crown Perfumer = Al Rehab, no?

re post #42... I have Beirut; it is a Brut knockoff and not half bad per a side-by-side wear with Brut Original (yellow jus / clear bottle). Yeah, it's tenacious.

I’ve accumulated dozens of Al Rehab, Al Haramain, Surrati, Ajmal, etc. tolas, roll-ons and sprays over the years. I’m not about to argue the point of whether they are synthetic, a waste of money, so on and so forth. Obviously, they don’t appeal to everybody. What I will say, though, is that my fragrance journey would not have been nearly as colorful or complete had it not been for my dabbling into this area of Al Rehab, et al. Many of the Al Rehabs mentioned above are either too floral, feminine or gourmand for my taste. I like the edgier ones.

A couple years back I took guidance and obtained samples of pure oud oil from the half dozen or so reputable names… as well as samples from those not on the list, so to speak. While my nose typically does not detect the finer characteristic of the pure oils, I do feel I’ve grasped an understanding of what a good OUD ‘is’ or can be. Oriscent’s Assam Organic, for example, suits me just fine as do the various Borneo and Papua offerings from Jujur Mujur. Xerjoff Zafar, Najaf and By Kilians Pure Oud do a rather good job at assimilating the smell imo.

My favorite fragrances typically have an edge and are either indolic, animalic, or otherwise herbal/spicy to the tune of cumin, etc. Think: Leather Oud, Al Oudh, Oud 27, MKK, Kiehls, Cuba, Eau d’Hermes, Kouros, Davidoff ’84, Chaps, K10, Piper Nigrum, etc. Now, I can’t emphasize enough that if you share my affinity for the more edgy offerings out there… the more musky.. the more spicy… the more animalic… the more ‘screechy’ for lack of a better word…then delving into some of these oils/sprays might just uncover a scent you’ve been, thus far, not able to find in western frags without dropping the better portion of a paycheck. If so, don’t let the naysayers dissuade. But, if you’ve ever thought about using the terms poo poo or kaka in describing a scent… then you should stop reading… this stuff is not for you. As mentioned, Al Rehab Oudy & Dehn al Oud, and Surrati’s Oudy Woody scratch an itch for me and I’ve currently got a samples order in transit from Zahra’s for:
    Al Rehab - Abeer Al Sharq, Al Rehab Oud, Arooq Al Oud, Sultan Al Oud
    Ajmal - Al Shams Special Edition, Dahn Oudh Al Sham
    Surrati - Dehan Oudh Al Malaki, Rahiq
    Al Haramain - Oudi oil & edp spray
    With all orders I place I ask for either samples or suggestions befitting my preferences i.e. indicating that I like the more barnyard-like pure oud oils, attars, and mukhallats,specifically, Surrati’s Oudy Woody, Al Rehab Oudy, Dehn al Oud, Majmua, Darbar, Macca Musk, Musk Ghazelle II, etc. I feel this gets the point across.

While I'm certainly not suggesting that these cheapies are equal to the real/pure oud oils, at some level they can be just as appealling... to me, at least.

There are diamonds <or pearls> in the rough. I know it. <oink oink>
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

Great Post. What are your thoughts on Al Rehab Oudy vs Surrati Oudy Woody ?

PM sent.

Surrati Oudy Woody is a piercing, high-pitched, searing, and musty woods. I apply this one lower on the torso, under clothes and often as a base for layering. I could see this one really grating on the wearer (and others) if too much is applied or it being applied too close to the nose.

Al Rehab Oudy oil has a deeper, earthy sweetness, relatively speaking; the spray, more peppery. I apply this on open skin and don't worry about getting it too close to the nose if you know what I mean.
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

Thank You once again for taking the time to write this summary. It is/was extremely helpful.

I took a chance on some ones that I haven't really heard any descriptions on and bought:

For Men - Fresh scent, reminds me of Carrera for Men EDT.

Guapo - A dirty fragrance. Smells like a "black" version of cologne. In fact, it treads quite deeply into "Bvlgari Black" territory.

U2 - Can't quite figure this one out. A co-worker smelled it and said it reminds him of "Man Flesh." lol I am pretty sure though it smells like Escada Pour Homme.

Yes - Reminds me of Hanae Mori EDT for Men (not the EDP). Fougère for sure.

All of them were well worth the price and I'm glad I took the plunge on these blind buys.
    Last edited by atrac; 17th November 2012 at 04:05 AM.

Two hours ago I've just tried Sultan, it's almost identical to Creed Spice and Wood.
    If you are dreaming of buying this Creed fragrance and you just run out of money so this can be a cheap alternative.
    For Sale:Gucci Pour Homme II , Amouage Attar,Lubin Idole http://www.basenotes.net/threads/313...dwide-Shipping

Just bringing this back to say I decided to pick up Coco Musk, Silver, and Sultan today (the last two are 35mL). After hearing so many good things about Silver and Coco Musk I thought I'd get them, and with yuyu's thoughts on Sultan I had to snag that!
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

I'm thinking about ordering some of this stuff... which are better - the 6ml roller oils or the 35ml EDP's?

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    I'm thinking about ordering some of this stuff... which are better - the 6ml roller oils or the 35ml EDP's?
    Better is subjective. I own the spray of Silver, which is fantastic. I also own the roll on of Choco Musk. In general, I prefer the sprays, but Choco Musk works very well as a roll on since it's not something I wear by itself (I roll a little of it on my chest when wearing Molecule 01. The two work very well together).
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Better is subjective. I own the spray of Silver, which is fantastic. I also own the roll on of Choco Musk. In general, I prefer the sprays, but Choco Musk works very well as a roll on since it's not something I wear by itself (I roll a little of it on my chest when wearing Molecule 01. The two work very well together).
    Cool, thanks. I just started with a trial order of the 35ml Silver. If I like it, I'll check out some other stuff.

i bought some 50ml choco musk spray the other week after loving the roll on. the difference is fairly minor. the spray last a little less time, but still great for the price in comparison.

ps: just this second ordered another bottle of choco musk and have ordered a bottle of Sultan. will let you know how i get on with Sultan.
    Last edited by cte; 20th December 2013 at 05:32 PM.

Where did you get the Choco Musk spray and how much was it? I bought the roll on version because that was all I could find on Amazon. It set me back a whopping $3.75 if memory serves correct.

50ml choco musk edp was £7.24 inc delivery on ebay (UK). i was looking for a bigger bottle (than the 3ml and 6 ml) last year. i was very pleased when i found it in a big bottle last month. wearing it most days at the moment (layered with a few other scents and on its own):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2213253777...84.m1439.l2649

edit: also, i posted in this thread last year. i think i mentioned i purchased silver and khaliji. an update on both. i did not get on with either scent. they have both been boxed away for the past 18 months. :/
    Last edited by cte; 20th December 2013 at 06:29 PM.

i bought some 50ml choco musk spray the other week after loving the roll on. the difference is fairly minor. the spray last a little less time, but still great for the price in comparison.

ps: just this second ordered another bottle of choco musk and have ordered a bottle of Sultan. will let you know how i get on with Sultan.
    Does it smell any different than the oil? I'd assume they would be very similar in that regard, but I can see why the spray wouldn't last as long.

I too got Sultan and am hoping it lives up to yuyu's claim :P. I'm sure it will be a nice, casual wear at the least. Even if I don't like it, I'm only losing out on like $6.25.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    Does it smell any different than the oil? I'd assume they would be very similar in that regard, but I can see why the spray wouldn't last as long.

I too got Sultan and am hoping it lives up to yuyu's claim :P. I'm sure it will be a nice, casual wear at the least. Even if I don't like it, I'm only losing out on like $6.25.
    When I first sprayed the 50ml, I got a shock as I could smell alcohol quite strongly (compared to what I remember with the oil). I was very disappointed by this. Since first buying it though I have gotten used to that alcohol smell. It only lasts about 20 mins max (I don't notice it now) and then it smells identical to the oil.

I actually compared the edp spray with my original oil recently. They are the same except the oil has no alcohol kick at first, and the oil has more staying power (not massively different). The edp still stays on my clothes for a day or two, so it's definitely no slouch.

So what's the verdict on Sultan's similarity to Creed's Spice and Wood? Can any one else vouch for this? I'm about to buy a flacon of Spice and Wood. I can't resist any longer. It belongs to me, and I to it. Should I check out Sultan first?

Quote Originally Posted by litworth View Post
    So what's the verdict on Sultan's similarity to Creed's Spice and Wood? Can any one else vouch for this? I'm about to buy a flacon of Spice and Wood. I can't resist any longer. It belongs to me, and I to it. Should I check out Sultan first?
    If you like it you can spend the (in my opinion absurd) amount of money for it. I have not smelled it, but Sultan is nice enough for me. Not something I will wear all the time, but it is nice enough for the $6 asking price.

Does anyone know if this house has a good saffron?

not tried spice and wood, but i have tried sultan now. it's not bad. i keep testing it every few days. i mixed it with choco musk originally. still loving choco musk A LOT LOL!!

cte, did I ask if you've fad the chance to compare Choco Musk spray to the roll on version? I have the roll on, but I'm quite tempted to pick up the spray. I don't know if I could wear that stuff by itself, but man oh man does it layer well.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    cte, did I ask if you've fad the chance to compare Choco Musk spray to the roll on version? I have the roll on, but I'm quite tempted to pick up the spray. I don't know if I could wear that stuff by itself, but man oh man does it layer well.
    What do you like to layer it with?

yea i mention, a few posts above, about the difference between the roll on and the spray. not much in it really. go for the spray purchase with all confidence.

i have not layered choco musk with lots of stuff. it seems to go with whatever i try though. anything that needs an extra sweet kick really. i have tried it with sultan, eau des baux, angel men (takes the tar edge off a little), desir de rochas (my fave combo).

hey all, here's a real dousy. Mix aseel with Sharqiah. Aseel and sharqiah is AMAZING in my opinion. give it 20-30 minutes to dry down and its AWESOME. The aseel gives it a nice warm woodsy bottom and the sharqiah adds a sweet amber floral vibe. I decanted it and mixed it a with just a tiny lil perfumers alcohol so u can atomize it, making it a eau de parfum of sorts and that I think really does it right to allow both scents to open up and get your attention in a proper respect.When i did them both with the roll on its nice but not nearly as nice as when done as a eau de parfum. BTW I'm mostly a fan of pure oud oils amerbgris and musk. Tend towards the attars. I've literally been smelling my arm and id think i was easily smelling 200 eau de parfum.

sounds very interesting mustafa !!
    i have both these oils & i will try blending these two in addition to other experiments this coming winter here .
    just to clarify , it is Al Sharquiah by Al Rehab you are referring too ?

Dimitrios yes the sharqiah by al rehaab is the one I'm referring to

I (over 30, male, lifelong fragrance obsessor) just began a foray into al-Rehab oils and sprays. Overall, I've been very pleased. For a tiny fraction of the price, their fragrances easily compete with Creed, Montale, Kilian, Lutens and Amouage. So far:

Superman - clove, dianthus, pepper with a sweet accord, unisex (yummy)
    Kaliji - green, marine and lightly spicy, more masculine (classic)
    Silver - great dupe of SMW from Creed, as noted before, citron, aquatic, green and soft woods (light, traditional masculine)
    Shaikhah - incense and roses, a very close dupe of Montale's Louban but slightly sweeter, more feminine than not (intense and fantastic)
    Mokhalat Dubai - deep animal musk at first, almost feral, dries down to a woody herbal (try with caution...)
    Sondos - rose, oud, light musk, reminds me of Montale's rose/oud/taif blends (yummy again)
    Oudy - soft, warm, oud, saffron, light musk, unisex and definitely my fave so far. It blows Le Labo's plastic oud fragrance out of the water