Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Default Re: Al Rehab fragrances

Great Post. What are your thoughts on Al Rehab Oudy vs Surrati Oudy Woody ?

PM sent.

Surrati Oudy Woody is a piercing, high-pitched, searing, and musty woods. I apply this one lower on the torso, under clothes and often as a base for layering. I could see this one really grating on the wearer (and others) if too much is applied or it being applied too close to the nose.

Al Rehab Oudy oil has a deeper, earthy sweetness, relatively speaking; the spray, more peppery. I apply this on open skin and don't worry about getting it too close to the nose if you know what I mean.
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

Thank You once again for taking the time to write this summary. It is/was extremely helpful.

I took a chance on some ones that I haven't really heard any descriptions on and bought:

For Men - Fresh scent, reminds me of Carrera for Men EDT.

Guapo - A dirty fragrance. Smells like a "black" version of cologne. In fact, it treads quite deeply into "Bvlgari Black" territory.

U2 - Can't quite figure this one out. A co-worker smelled it and said it reminds him of "Man Flesh." lol I am pretty sure though it smells like Escada Pour Homme.

Yes - Reminds me of Hanae Mori EDT for Men (not the EDP). Fougère for sure.

All of them were well worth the price and I'm glad I took the plunge on these blind buys.
    Last edited by atrac; 17th November 2012 at 04:05 AM.

Two hours ago I've just tried Sultan, it's almost identical to Creed Spice and Wood.
    If you are dreaming of buying this Creed fragrance and you just run out of money so this can be a cheap alternative.
    For Sale:Gucci Pour Homme II , Amouage Attar,Lubin Idole http://www.basenotes.net/threads/313...dwide-Shipping

Just bringing this back to say I decided to pick up Coco Musk, Silver, and Sultan today (the last two are 35mL). After hearing so many good things about Silver and Coco Musk I thought I'd get them, and with yuyu's thoughts on Sultan I had to snag that!

I'm thinking about ordering some of this stuff... which are better - the 6ml roller oils or the 35ml EDP's?

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    I'm thinking about ordering some of this stuff... which are better - the 6ml roller oils or the 35ml EDP's?
    Better is subjective. I own the spray of Silver, which is fantastic. I also own the roll on of Choco Musk. In general, I prefer the sprays, but Choco Musk works very well as a roll on since it's not something I wear by itself (I roll a little of it on my chest when wearing Molecule 01. The two work very well together).
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Better is subjective. I own the spray of Silver, which is fantastic. I also own the roll on of Choco Musk. In general, I prefer the sprays, but Choco Musk works very well as a roll on since it's not something I wear by itself (I roll a little of it on my chest when wearing Molecule 01. The two work very well together).
    Cool, thanks. I just started with a trial order of the 35ml Silver. If I like it, I'll check out some other stuff.

i bought some 50ml choco musk spray the other week after loving the roll on. the difference is fairly minor. the spray last a little less time, but still great for the price in comparison.

ps: just this second ordered another bottle of choco musk and have ordered a bottle of Sultan. will let you know how i get on with Sultan.
    Last edited by cte; 20th December 2013 at 05:32 PM.

Where did you get the Choco Musk spray and how much was it? I bought the roll on version because that was all I could find on Amazon. It set me back a whopping $3.75 if memory serves correct.

50ml choco musk edp was £7.24 inc delivery on ebay (UK). i was looking for a bigger bottle (than the 3ml and 6 ml) last year. i was very pleased when i found it in a big bottle last month. wearing it most days at the moment (layered with a few other scents and on its own):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2213253777...84.m1439.l2649

edit: also, i posted in this thread last year. i think i mentioned i purchased silver and khaliji. an update on both. i did not get on with either scent. they have both been boxed away for the past 18 months. :/
    Last edited by cte; 20th December 2013 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cte View Post
    i bought some 50ml choco musk spray the other week after loving the roll on. the difference is fairly minor. the spray last a little less time, but still great for the price in comparison.

ps: just this second ordered another bottle of choco musk and have ordered a bottle of Sultan. will let you know how i get on with Sultan.
    Does it smell any different than the oil? I'd assume they would be very similar in that regard, but I can see why the spray wouldn't last as long.

I too got Sultan and am hoping it lives up to yuyu's claim :P. I'm sure it will be a nice, casual wear at the least. Even if I don't like it, I'm only losing out on like $6.25.

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    Does it smell any different than the oil? I'd assume they would be very similar in that regard, but I can see why the spray wouldn't last as long.

I too got Sultan and am hoping it lives up to yuyu's claim :P. I'm sure it will be a nice, casual wear at the least. Even if I don't like it, I'm only losing out on like $6.25.
    When I first sprayed the 50ml, I got a shock as I could smell alcohol quite strongly (compared to what I remember with the oil). I was very disappointed by this. Since first buying it though I have gotten used to that alcohol smell. It only lasts about 20 mins max (I don't notice it now) and then it smells identical to the oil.

I actually compared the edp spray with my original oil recently. They are the same except the oil has no alcohol kick at first, and the oil has more staying power (not massively different). The edp still stays on my clothes for a day or two, so it's definitely no slouch.

So what's the verdict on Sultan's similarity to Creed's Spice and Wood? Can any one else vouch for this? I'm about to buy a flacon of Spice and Wood. I can't resist any longer. It belongs to me, and I to it. Should I check out Sultan first?

Quote Originally Posted by litworth View Post
    So what's the verdict on Sultan's similarity to Creed's Spice and Wood? Can any one else vouch for this? I'm about to buy a flacon of Spice and Wood. I can't resist any longer. It belongs to me, and I to it. Should I check out Sultan first?
    If you like it you can spend the (in my opinion absurd) amount of money for it. I have not smelled it, but Sultan is nice enough for me. Not something I will wear all the time, but it is nice enough for the $6 asking price.

Does anyone know if this house has a good saffron?

not tried spice and wood, but i have tried sultan now. it's not bad. i keep testing it every few days. i mixed it with choco musk originally. still loving choco musk A LOT LOL!!

cte, did I ask if you've fad the chance to compare Choco Musk spray to the roll on version? I have the roll on, but I'm quite tempted to pick up the spray. I don't know if I could wear that stuff by itself, but man oh man does it layer well.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    cte, did I ask if you've fad the chance to compare Choco Musk spray to the roll on version? I have the roll on, but I'm quite tempted to pick up the spray. I don't know if I could wear that stuff by itself, but man oh man does it layer well.
    What do you like to layer it with?

yea i mention, a few posts above, about the difference between the roll on and the spray. not much in it really. go for the spray purchase with all confidence.

i have not layered choco musk with lots of stuff. it seems to go with whatever i try though. anything that needs an extra sweet kick really. i have tried it with sultan, eau des baux, angel men (takes the tar edge off a little), desir de rochas (my fave combo).

hey all, here's a real dousy. Mix aseel with Sharqiah. Aseel and sharqiah is AMAZING in my opinion. give it 20-30 minutes to dry down and its AWESOME. The aseel gives it a nice warm woodsy bottom and the sharqiah adds a sweet amber floral vibe. I decanted it and mixed it a with just a tiny lil perfumers alcohol so u can atomize it, making it a eau de parfum of sorts and that I think really does it right to allow both scents to open up and get your attention in a proper respect.When i did them both with the roll on its nice but not nearly as nice as when done as a eau de parfum. BTW I'm mostly a fan of pure oud oils amerbgris and musk. Tend towards the attars. I've literally been smelling my arm and id think i was easily smelling 200 eau de parfum.

sounds very interesting mustafa !!
    i have both these oils & i will try blending these two in addition to other experiments this coming winter here .
    just to clarify , it is Al Sharquiah by Al Rehab you are referring too ?

Dimitrios yes the sharqiah by al rehaab is the one I'm referring to

I (over 30, male, lifelong fragrance obsessor) just began a foray into al-Rehab oils and sprays. Overall, I've been very pleased. For a tiny fraction of the price, their fragrances easily compete with Creed, Montale, Kilian, Lutens and Amouage. So far:

Superman - clove, dianthus, pepper with a sweet accord, unisex (yummy)
    Kaliji - green, marine and lightly spicy, more masculine (classic)
    Silver - great dupe of SMW from Creed, as noted before, citron, aquatic, green and soft woods (light, traditional masculine)
    Shaikhah - incense and roses, a very close dupe of Montale's Louban but slightly sweeter, more feminine than not (intense and fantastic)
    Mokhalat Dubai - deep animal musk at first, almost feral, dries down to a woody herbal (try with caution...)
    Sondos - rose, oud, light musk, reminds me of Montale's rose/oud/taif blends (yummy again)
    Oudy - soft, warm, oud, saffron, light musk, unisex and definitely my fave so far. It blows Le Labo's plastic oud fragrance out of the water

I guess this is the catchall al-Rehab thread so I'll rez it. Recently picked up Sultan al Oud and it is excellent. $5 for something that smells, to me, like a Yohji Homme style liquorice accord mixed with the house synth oud.
    Is there an al-Rehab knock off of Montale's Cuir Aoud that anyone's encountered?

Quote Originally Posted by Zizanioides View Post
    ... Is there an al-Rehab knock off of Montale's Cuir Aoud that anyone's encountered?
    You should check out their Dehn al-oud and Oudy, but def the Dehn al-oud.
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

Quote Originally Posted by DuNezDeBuzier View Post
    You should check out their Dehn al-oud and Oudy, but def the Dehn al-oud.
    Excellent recommendations, those I own and revisited per your suggestion.
    Both are still great but I'm hoping to find something with an extended Isobutylquinoline (whatever that particular leather chemical is) angle. I've got a bottle of IBQ around here I might just have to try mixing up myself
    I may try and collate all the knock-offs Al Rehab has done just for future reference.