• Saat Safa
    • Sultan Al Oud
    • Sultan
    • Rasha
    • Lord
    • Secret Man
    • Dehn Amber

I also received Tom Oud by Surrati.
    I'm having a lot of fun with these oils.
    Al Direyah is similar to YSL L'Homme, and the 12ml bottle looks very pricey.
    Lord is very strong and woody/clean smelling.
    Tom Oud is similar to Tom Ford Oud Wood, but stronger.
    Dehn Al Oud is fecal, smells like cows leather and poo... MKK lovers must try this one.
    Rasha is feminine, sweet and long lasting.
    Saat Safa is very interesting, strong and has similarities with Black Aoud but they are not twins.
    Aseel is Aoud Rose Petals, to my nose.
    I bought all these at zahras dot com, and I'm happy with the friendly service.

Default Re: Al Rehab fragrances

Al Rehab is great quality at a bargain price.
    I have 7 CPOs and planning to buy more from them (bought mines from Al Rashad).
    My CPOs are 6ml.

Please talk about the others that you have bought.

Mines

Aseel - Montale Red Aoud less sweet
    Silver - Silver Mountain Water
    Khaliji - Sweet green fragrance. Reminds me Carrera Pour Homme
    Roses - Almost pure roses
    Red Rose - Very feminine roses with body cream accord. Reminds me Bulgari Pour Femme
    Dehn Al Aoud - Sharp, dry rancid resinous woodsy smell.
    Mokhalat Malaki - Similar to Dehn Al Aoud.

I will buy from them again, liked very much the experience

My nose says stop for today.
    The fragrances are great, my only concern: could these products be dangerous to our health, as they don't follow European or American rules?

Stephan:

Thanks for the descriptions. I'm very interested in trying arabian perfumes, but they're hard to smell here in the US.

Re: your question, you probably know the opinion of most BNers on IFRA regulations...

Besides, I would assume that, apart from a few expensive perfumes made of natural materials, Arabian perfumery buys from the same big bad aromachemical companies that write the IFRA regulations. I don't think there's any aromachemical company in the Gulf.

cacio

VERY hit and miss for me. Khaliji is absoltely beautiful and had my girlfriend making a comment on how good it was (she's hard to please as I smell different every day). And Silver is a pretty good alternative to SMW but for a fraction of the price. I also have Sondos, Aroosah and Aseel which are more as you'd expect from this house and are a bit too much for me.

I've got Silver, Aseel and Khaliji, I find them a little bit over the femenine side for my tastes, but nonetheless, I do regard them as quite original. Boosh, what about Sondos and Aroosah? Why are they a little too much for you?

I've tried some Sultan Al Oud & some Dehn Amber before going to bed.
    First one was good smelling but second one smelled really dirty.
    Now, after one night, Sultan Al Oud smells dirty and Dehn Amber smells heavenly.
    Fascinating!

Zahra's gifted me the Dehn al Oud and Oudy. These are great to have around. To me, Dehn al Oud = leather and Oudy is similar to By Kilians Pure Oud.

I've worn Dehn Amber to work.
    Lasting power is excellent.
    First 2 hours are dirty, but after I get Amber Extreme Prada, but much more powerful!
    Lovely!

Tomorrow will be ... Secret Man.

Silly me. Saw the title and thought, "Hmmm, what would someone wear to a detox facility?"

Quote Originally Posted by noirwest View Post
    silly me. Saw the title and thought, "hmmm, what would someone wear to a detox facility?"
    lol!

According to a friend of mine who happens to be a Base Noter, it is named after perfume junkies in serious need of rehab.

"They tried to make me buy Al Rehab, I said, NO NO NO."

Actually, I said "yes" and bought Silver. As others have mentioned, a terrific alternative to SMW. To be fair though, one of my co-workers said it smelled "offensive" and "like rust." I just said "NO NO NO" to him. :P

I'd be curious to know how "Golden," "Superman," and "For Men" smell. Anyone ever try those yet?
    Last edited by atrac; 5th September 2011 at 09:28 AM.

I found a decent selection of Al Rehab stuff in a couple of Islamic stores on Devon st in Chicago. I didn't buy anything, but I'll be looking at this thread for ideas.

I smelled a couple randomly (the seller opened the bottle), but as usual with oils one need to put on skin. I got a couple of small minis (with the dreaded, horrid, roll-on). Al Aqsa is a confused fresh resinous floral, though there are some interesting notes (like some sort of burnt resin in the heart). Jasmin is an unpleasantly soapy jasmin.

cacio

I have Aseel... it's way too much for me and smells "synthetic". Luckily, for $7 inc. shipping I don't feel too bad about this blind buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorje123 View Post
    I have Aseel... it's way too much for me and smells "synthetic". Luckily, for $7 inc. shipping I don't feel too bad about this blind buy.
    Agree. I liked it though, iff compared to the bland releases so in fashion.

Oh? Where do you get these for $7 shipped? The only places I can find have them for $7 plus shipping (making them around $10 a piece). Thanks!

I clicked on this thinking Yes! I do, as a matter of fact, need Rehab from fragrances.

adversity introduces a man to himself -anonymous

Didnt want to start a new thread. Wanted to say thanks to the members of basenotes for introducing me to this house. Me being Muslim, my parents wore very similar Arabic oils when I was a kid. I managed to find a nearby Islamic store and picked up Aseel. Really enjoying this one, and I am definitely going back for more. Thanks BN!!

Sorry to drag this thread up once again but I need help.
    I've recently come across Al Rehab fragrances and ordered a couple, first up was Saat Safa which I adore, after doing some research I found many positive views on Aseel so ordered a bottle of that too...sorry to say I didn't like it one bit.
    I'm not a rose person (so I now know) and it is heavy on the rose.
    On order I now have Khaliji, Mokhalat Al Rehab, Silver, Aroosah & Bakhour.
    I've not tested these out yet but am already planning ahead.
    So can anyone tell me which of Al Rehab fragrances are not dominated by rose and are more woody orientals?
    Many thanks.
    (EDP only as I can't use oil due to it making my sensitive skin break out horribly)

My favorites are:

Silver - A very citric version of Creed's Silver Mountain Water
    Sultan - A very fresh masculine fruity scent with a strong dry woody base
    Superman - Spicy Clove/evergreen/sweet amber
    Mokhalat Al Rehab - a sweet floral ambery oud
    Taifi - a high pitched rose with a dark dry Oud / woody base
    Roses - tart Bulgarian Rose and nothing else
    Khaliji - citrus, Rose, cumin, and woody basenotes

There is another one with "Attar" in the name, but I cannot remember.
    Last edited by DULLAH; 11th February 2012 at 01:21 AM.

Personally, I cannot recommend Al Rehab. Most of their formulations smell rather...synthetic. Very inexpensive, which is only a small point in their favour.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    My favorites are:

Sultan - A very fresh masculine fruity scent with a dry woody base
    Taifi - a high pitched rose
    Roses - tart Bulgarian Rose

Any thoughts on Arooq Al Oud, DULLAH?
    - Expect the unexpected

Aroosah arrived today, first quirt I thought it smelt like Calandre mixed with toilet duck
    An hour later it was lovely and smelt like a cross between Rive Gauche Intense (femme) and Rochas Femme.
    Eight hours later I can still smell it on my wrists even after washing the pots, so longevity is great.
    I'm still waiting on the others, although I've since ordered Balkis as well.
    I'm a bit gutted I can't order the oils as I'm sure they're even better.

I tried Bakhour, which I guess is for women. It's not bad at all, a fruity/spicy/floral woody frag, perhaps with a touch of synthetic oud (I'd guess). It seems strong too. I haven't given it a full wearing so my initial impression is that it's worth the less than $10 I paid (total) for 35 ml.

Well, for what you pay, you shouldn't expect anything less than synthetic. It really boils down to whether or not you like the finished product (disregarding synthetics).

I haven't been keeping up to date with Al Rehab because they're even more prolific than Montale (seriously)! A couple of months ago, I tried a chocolate Al Rehab that reminded me of Chocolate Greedy but lighter and better executed. I also tried one I think called Amber Oud that smelt like your typical amber/oud combo oil (think Arabian Oud) but very well done.

A couple of nearby shops I know are always getting new stuff in. In addition, I'm constantly discovering ones that can't be found anywhere over the net. The thing is, I can't be sure if any of these 'vintage' oils have turned.

Next time I'm in these shops, I'll try and take a couple of photos.

I just bought a 3ml bottle of the chocolate Al-Rehab, called Choco Musk. I much prefer it to Montale's Chocolate Greedy, which is too crude and OTT. It actually smells closer to a decent cocoa absolute, IMHO.

Anyway, as promised, here are some photos.

A bunch of newer 3ml releases:

From left to right (spelling may be inaccurate for one or two):

Dehn Amba
    Al Hanouf
    Al Nourus
    Sandal Rose
    Choco Musk
    Elena
    Mukhallat al Bahrain

Mainly newer 6ml releases:

A few obscure Al-Rehabs:

My favorites are:

Sultan - A very fresh masculine fruity scent with a strong dry woody base
    Taifi - a high pitched rose with a dark dry Oud / woody base
    Roses - tart Bulgarian Rose and nothing else

Attar mubakhar is the one i couldn't remember. It's a sweetish ambery, greener/piney unspiced version of aseel. Like if you mixed Aseel with Mokhalat al Rehab and pulled back the spiciness.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaconneur View Post
    Any thoughts on Arooq Al Oud, DULLAH?
    Ordered a sample from Zahras finally...I'm hoping it is less "fuel & furniture-y" than Oudy Woody by Surrati.

And I agree about Choco Musk...a bargain cocoa scent.

Any opinions from those who have smelled Sandal Rose or Mukhallat Al Bahrain ?? I'm going to walk over to Devon on wednesday and search for a ton of the newer ones including those two....can't recall the smell of Mokhalat Dubai either and wanna recall that one.
    Last edited by DULLAH; 11th February 2012 at 01:21 AM.

DULLAH, I found Sandal Rose to be rather bland and uneventful. I originally expected a lot more.

Mukhallat Al Bahrain is honey sweet and very pleasant, and smells better than other Al-Rehab mukhallats I've tried. However, I think that the drydown was a little unsure of itself but I can't be completely sure.

Have Aseel, use it as a room spray.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Mukhallat Al Bahrain is honey sweet and very pleasant, and smells better than other Al-Rehab mukhallats I've tried. However, I think that the drydown was a little unsure of itself but I can't be completely sure.
    Is there any designer or niche scent you feel it compares to in any way ? Any gourmand or Lutens that the honey sweet character reminds you of ? Maybe honey sweet like Arabie ? I can't wait to search out these newer releases.

I really can't say, DULLAH, as I briefly tested it when buying the Choco Musk. But, yes, you could say there was a dense and syrupy Lutens vibe about it.

I'm planning to buy a few more bottles, in a day or two, so will report back.

-------

anyone tried fares ? i think it is one of al-rehabs best

A couple of months ago, I tried a chocolate Al Rehab that reminded me of Chocolate Greedy but lighter and better executed.
    Having never tried Chocolate Greedy.....does it have as strong a "marshmallow" accord to it as does Al Rehab's ChocoMusk ?
    And is the chocolate more a sweet milk chocolate or more a cocoa powder like the Al Rehab ?

I have tried a few of these and the one which has really impressed me so far is Dhen Al-Oud. After the initial blast of burning car tire, this really grew on me and I keep going back for more.

(I do admit that I have no idea what proper Oud smells like.)
    Mark K

Silver is a good ripoff of SMW for $8. Superman is very heavy on the cloves.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Quote Originally Posted by MarkStar View Post
    I have tried a few of these and the one which has really impressed me so far is Dhen Al-Oud. After the initial blast of burning car tire, this really grew on me and I keep going back for more.

(I do admit that I have no idea what proper Oud smells like.)
    Im glad you like it. it really smelled like a horse stall to me.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Im glad you like it. it really smelled like a horse stall to me.
    me as well. really really filthy dirty greasy nasty animalic top. couldn't make it to the middle or base.

I think I've tried Fares - a soapy flower, from what I recall of it.

Having never tried Chocolate Greedy.....does it have as strong a "marshmallow" accord to it as does Al Rehab's ChocoMusk ?
    And is the chocolate more a sweet milk chocolate or more a cocoa powder like the Al Rehab ?
    From what I can recall of Chocolate Greedy, it's not marshmallow creamy and has a wafer accord that smells a bit like cardboard. It's also isn't milkier than Choco Musk.

Super curious to know everyone's opinions of these fragrances, and what their prominent notes are:

Mukhallat Al Bahrain
    Mokhalat Al Oud
    Sandal Rose
    Golden Sand
    Makkawi
    Action
    Istanbul Rose
    Gihan
    Cheba
    French Rose
    Beirut

DULLAH, I found Sandal Rose to be rather bland and uneventful. I originally expected a lot more.

None of my local stores carry Mukhallat sl Bahrain yet. How does it differ from:

Mokhalat Al Oud
    Mokhalat Dubai
    Mokhalat Al Rehab

None of my local stores carry Mukhallat sl Bahrain yet. How does it differ from:

Mokhalat Al Oud
    Mokhalat Dubai
    Mokhalat Al Rehab
    Not sure, to be honest. I plan to get some more Choco Musk, during the weekend. I'll check and get back to you.

DULLAH, I could only find Mokhalat Al Rehab as a point of reference (which I find very similar to Bakhour). With all three of them, they possess a jammy sweetness but both Bakhour and Mokhalat Al Rehab have a floral aspect that verges too close to air freshener territory, for my tastes. With Mukhallat Al Bahrain, it's less floral and more fruity. Furthermore, I don't get that air freshener vibe as I do with the others.

Btw, I also picked up a bottle of Musk Al Ghazal - it's a less animalic and aggressive take on deer musk oil, which is easier to wear. It's actually not bad!

DULLAH, I could only find Mokhalat Al Rehab as a point of reference (which I find very similar to Bakhour). With all three of them, they possess a jammy sweetness but both Bakhour and Mokhalat Al Rehab have a floral aspect that verges too close to air freshener territory, for my tastes. With Mukhallat Al Bahrain, it's less floral and more fruity. Furthermore, I don't get that air freshener vibe as I do with the others.
    Ok cool. looks like I'll have to track down some online, as none of my local places have it.

Edit: I found it at at online shop, but the packaging look much older......perhaps the newer version is an entirely different scent re-using a familiar name ?

http://islamicshoponline.com/product...id=ceokfkssdrf

^ I'm not convinced it's an Al-Rehab but I could be wrong. Also, the golden oval doesn’t look like it says Al-Rehab – more CA _ NAL or something along those lines.

Where I buy my Al-Rehabs, they also stock perfume oils by this other company (can’t remember the name) and their style of packaging is very similar – even down to the triangular 6ml boxes.

But, hey, you may end up liking it!

I went through an Al Rehab phase in the past. A few that haven't been mentioned yet are Dalal, Balkis and Silver (But with gold text. Different to the Silver which smells like SMW).

I'm intrigues about this Choco Musk. Will try to source it.

Sufyaan, there are loads of other new Al-Rehab releases I've yet to try such as Vanilla Musk, Moroccan Rose, Delightful (florals), Tooty Musk (raspberry musk), Passion, Bulgarian Rose, Cherry Flower (cherry musk), Alf Zahra (florals) and Pension (yes, seriously). It's just never-ending!

As for Choco Musk, it's officially now my favourite Al-Rehab. It doesn't have any overtly synthetic/cheap undertones, smells more than on par with the niche equivalents (Montale, Guerlain, Mazzolari, etc.), is personally more preferable to cocoa absolute and potentially still captivating in the long-term (unlike most Al-Rehabs). Lasts at least 12 hours too!

As for Choco Musk, it's officially now my favourite Al-Rehab. It doesn't have any overtly synthetic/cheap undertones, smells more than on par with the niche equivalents (Montale, Guerlain, Mazzolari, etc.), is personally more preferable to cocoa absolute and potentially still captivating in the long-term (unlike most Al-Rehabs). Lasts at least 12 hours too!
    It's a wonderful cocoa-marshmallow gourmand. Really is. i see the Mukhallat Al Bahrain you pictured on the far right, is from Crown Perfumes, but you say it's not Al Rehab ? Crown has multiple lines in similar packaging bearing the crown ?

i see the Mukhallat Al Bahrain you pictured on the far right, is from Crown Perfumes, but you say it's not Al Rehab ? Crown has multiple lines in similar packaging bearing the crown ?
    DULLAH, totally agree with you but I was referring to the link you posted earlier (red and gold box):

http://islamicshoponline.com/product...id=ceokfkssdrf

It's doesn't look like an Al-Rehab but, then again, the photo quality isn't great.

It's a wonderful cocoa-marshmallow gourmand. Really is.
    Yeah, it's really wonderful! I ended up buying a carton of the stuff!

Looking to grab a few from this house down the road, a friend of mine has a few from a trip to Dubai

May I revive this thread...?

I also became interested in attars and bought online 2 of Al Rehab : Bakhoor and Sa'at safa (3, 6 ml res. oil roller), I expect them to arrive in about one week (from England to the Netherlands). It seems there is not a lot of info out there on those frags. Another question I have - how noticeable would the scent be when my skin is relatively cool, or the weather is cold ?

Sorry - double....

hi all

i had never heard of al rehab before, but dullah gave me a heads up on choco musk...

i purchased a 3ml bottle from ebay, and i absolutely love it! the only problem i have is where to purchase more from. i can only find it for sale on ebay in 3ml bottles. there is an al rehab UK web site, but it does not seem to stock choco musk.

does anyone know a good place to buy this in the uk? also, it only comes in 3ml and 6ml bottles, nothing larger correct?

thanks guys.

Sufyaan, there are loads of other new Al-Rehab releases I've yet to try such as Vanilla Musk, Moroccan Rose, Delightful (florals), Tooty Musk (raspberry musk), Passion, Bulgarian Rose, Cherry Flower (cherry musk), Alf Zahra (florals) and Pension (yes, seriously). It's just never-ending!

Thanks for the other recommendations and the description of Choco Musk. I think I am going to have to source a bottle!

Apologies for the delay in replying..... thought I had done so until I got an alert on the thread revival

One of my coworkers (he's from Senegal) showed me something he had. It was a little roll-on bottle and it said Al Rehab on the top of it. I tried a little on and it wasn't too bad-- the composition wasn't as legible as we're used to with Western perfumery. I couldn't tell what the name of it was because the label was so worn. It was sweet and floral-- at bit on the feminine side. It was worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by cte View Post
    hi all

i had never heard of al rehab before, but dullah gave me a heads up on choco musk...

i purchased a 3ml bottle from ebay, and i absolutely love it! the only problem i have is where to purchase more from. i can only find it for sale on ebay in 3ml bottles. there is an al rehab UK web site, but it does not seem to stock choco musk.

does anyone know a good place to buy this in the uk? also, it only comes in 3ml and 6ml bottles, nothing larger correct?

thanks guys.
    I would try ebay.co.uk most of the sellers in the EU appear to be UK based anyway and you're protected by local laws.
    I found a "choco musk"

yes - 3 ml only - but better than nothing I guess, plus this guy seems to have a good range - maybe you can call them directly ?

I buy almost everything on ebay these days, gadgets, clothes, frags...

** mind, it might take you to the Dutch sites (which I use to see Euro prices and relevant shipping fees - but you should be able to save the item to your lists and then look up at the UK ebay.

Oya - here 6 ml choco in England :
    Choco 6 ml

En-Joy
    Last edited by L2003; 23rd May 2012 at 07:37 PM.

thanks so much L2003!! i would have never found that. the 6ml should be perfect for me. much appreciated!

yea, the 3ml i purchased from ebay was £2.60 delivered. even at that price... 100ml would work out quite expensive. i am going to try that link you gave and then maybe buy more in bulk if i can't get enough of the stuff!

thanls again mate!!!