Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 61 to 96 of 96
  1. #61

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    Did you ever decide on a bottle?
    Hi Stew, yes, sorry for not keeping you guys updated :-)
    Eventually, I have decided on 50 ml Black Aoud, 50 ml Aoud Roses Petals and 20 ml Dark Aoud. Black Aoud because, well, it is nice now that I have tried it a few more times. Aoud Roses Petals is just a magical rose, it is not really that much like Al-Rehab's Aseel as I initially thought, and I spent the whole day sniffing my wrists when I wore the sample. It definitely is what I want a rose/oud combination to be. And Dark Aoud, well, I'm taking the plunge, if its drydown is similar to Amouage Memoir Man, then it'll be worth it.
    Notwithstanding, this probably won't be my last Montale purchase...

  2. #62

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    I found another
    "Aoud Shiny was presented in 2008 and it introduces abundant shine of Bulgarian rose enriched with delicate aroma of violet and oud wood combined with sensual aromas of nagarmotha root (Cyperus scariosus), sandalwood and long-lasting elegant aromas of patchouli."

  3. #63

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    I found another
    "Aoud Shiny was presented in 2008 and it introduces abundant shine of Bulgarian rose enriched with delicate aroma of violet and oud wood combined with sensual aromas of nagarmotha root (Cyperus scariosus), sandalwood and long-lasting elegant aromas of patchouli."
    Wooow, they are neverending, aren't they? Sooner or later I will have to get one more set of samples. It's easy to become a Montale junkie :-)

  4. #64

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    So finally my order has arrived and I think I made a good choice. Aoud Roses Petals is lovely, goes from oud-y to rosey and makes an excellent day scent. Black Aoud is full of character and definitely exotic. Dark Aoud seems like a very straight oud which is dirty enough to be interesting, but subtle enough not to shock.
    I'll have to try out Moon Aoud next... thanks for the input so far, guys!

  5. #65

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    Moon Aoud is wonderful!

    Taj is truly amazing - I get many compliments when I wear it. I'm looking to get another 3 montales soon - going to go for Sweet Oriental Dreams...the other 2, I have no idea! There are just so many.

    I currently have Black Aoud, Red Aoud, Taj, Red Vetyver, Full Incense and Moon Aoud.

    Any ideas?

  6. #66

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zubbbrastyle View Post
    Moon Aoud is wonderful!

    Taj is truly amazing - I get many compliments when I wear it. I'm looking to get another 3 montales soon - going to go for Sweet Oriental Dreams...the other 2, I have no idea! There are just so many.

    I currently have Black Aoud, Red Aoud, Taj, Red Vetyver, Full Incense and Moon Aoud.

    Any ideas?
    I would get a rose prominent oud mix (see start of the thread -> I chose Aoud Roses Petals, but you also have Oud Queen Rose, Attar, Aoud Amber Rose, Aoud Damascus,...). Blue Amber is one that I didn't like at the beginning, but I've come to appreciate. Mango Manga is also very nice. A very popular one is Chocolate Greedy, I personally don't like it, smells too much like hazelnuts... As a vanilla, Vanilla Extasy is very lush. Of course, the bad boy Aoud Lime is very high on my list too...

  7. #67

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    Wow, Lloyd, count me as another Montale Junkie... i'm thinking about making another order, i have Black Aoud, Blue Amber (love this one) and TAJ. I'm torn between Patchouli Leaves, dark aoud, sweet oriental dreams, red vetyver, full incense, pretty fruity and that Oud Amber Rose you told us about (there are so many at Montale's I wonder if they remember all the names, they don't even list them at their web!)
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

    Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

    TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  8. #68

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    I haven't tried Full Incense but it is on my to-sample list. Not a fan of Patchouli Leaves, although I maight change my mind as with Blue Amber. I found Oud Amber Rose very good, but somewhat similar to Aoud Lime. If you don't have Aoud Lime and you like your Montale to have a bit of rose, this would be a safe bet. I like the loukhoum sweetness of Sweet Oriental Dream, but prefer SL Rahat Loukhoum and am waiting to go for a decant of that one.
    What I do know is that I am not settling with six Montale bottles and am going to get more and more and more, so who knows, maybe my 18th Montale bottle will be Aoud Amber Rose :-)
    I just find the oud smell irresistible, I still have the box of my latest order lying around near my computer, and the whiffs I get from it literally turn me on! (de verdad, esto no es normal)

  9. #69

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    Hahaha.

    Some Montale's concoctions are quite good for that!
    They really "have" something. It's like, well, when I got Taj i didn't like the smell, it was weird, but intoxicating at the same time. Now I like to spray it just to get whiffs (i don't like the first minutes but after those it gets lovely).

    I'm waiting for the colder weather to come (it's october and still 35º celsius in Sevilla) to really wear my Montales and others heavy hitters!
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

    Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

    TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  10. #70

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    I don't mind wearing them in the heat, even used them carelessly in Madrid this summer :-)
    By the way, who's that in your avatar?

  11. #71

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    Blue Beetle from DC Comics (JLA and stuff), liked them quite a but a long time ago, still have good memories of them.

    I know i can wear my Montale's anytime, but under the hot sun and with the heat... i don't fully enjoy them, i've worn them, but i feared them to warm up and being to strong or something, you know... Heat and hot sun... they make me dislike my fragrances. In summer, during the day, sometimes i don't wear cologne (just Mugler's or something), in the night i choose whichever i feel i want.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

    Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

    TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  12. #72

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    Ah, that's why I didn't recognize it, I'm a hardcore Marvellite, but don't care much for DC...

  13. #73

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    WhaT!!! a Marvellite!

    Well, i'm not a comic fan or collector, just read here and then, and while i've read more DC, i have had my times with marvel.

    And i'm still thinking about which montales should i order... that's the problem with so much to chose from.

    Lloyd, when you say that you "sampled them", do you ask montale for samples or something? blind buy can be risky with this house.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

    Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

    TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  14. #74

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    If you contact them, they will send you infused paper strips, but they attach them to one of their folded catalogues, which means that the strips inside will retain their scent through postage, but the ones attached on the outside of the catalogue will have faded (which is the reason that I had to buy Dark Aoud blindly - no regrets - and that I still don't know for sure what Moon Aoud smells like). The samples I have really found trustworthy are the ones I ordered from TPC. I have a few samples that I can forward to you, though, if you want to.

  15. #75

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    That would be nice Lloyd. I'd be grateful and, of course, if there's something i can offer you from my wardrobe, something you want to try, just tell me.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

    Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

    TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  16. #76

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    I kinda wish they would discontinue some of them. When you go through their catalog on fragrantica it becomes overwhelming and I almost don't even want to begin going through them all. BUT..having already sampled Black Aoud, White Aoud, and Moon Aoud, I thought I would try the following and pick my favorite for a FB...
    oud cuir d'arabie, aoud flowers, aoud lime, red aoud, aoud velvet, dark aoud, & black musk
    They were all highly rated and I think that's a wide enough variety.

  17. #77

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    I would have included Taj/Royal Aoud and maybe Aoud Roses Petals, and skipped Aoud Velvet, but it is a good selection nevertheless.

  18. #78

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    So replace Aoud Velvet with Royal Aoud and maybe Flowers with Roses Petals?

  19. #79

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    That would be my choice. I don't really care much for Montale's combinations of oud+florals, except with rose/geranium. But that is my personal choice. Maybe Black Aoud can be enough for you as a rose+oud combination, and thus you can leave Aoud Roses Petals for a second round (although it is one of my favourites). I would definitely sample Royal Aoud, though.

  20. #80

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    So many choices, so little money...
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

    Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

    TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  21. #81

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    That would be my choice. I don't really care much for Montale's combinations of oud+florals, except with rose/geranium. But that is my personal choice. Maybe Black Aoud can be enough for you as a rose+oud combination, and thus you can leave Aoud Roses Petals for a second round (although it is one of my favourites). I would definitely sample Royal Aoud, though.
    I won't go with Black. It might even be their best but I'd rather have a FB of something more under the radar.

  22. #82

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    Then definitely try Aoud Roses Petals

  23. #83

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    I kinda wish they would discontinue some of them. When you go through their catalog on fragrantica it becomes overwhelming and I almost don't even want to begin going through them all. BUT..having already sampled Black Aoud, White Aoud, and Moon Aoud, I thought I would try the following and pick my favorite for a FB...
    oud cuir d'arabie, aoud flowers, aoud lime, red aoud, aoud velvet, dark aoud, & black musk
    They were all highly rated and I think that's a wide enough variety.
    The problem with Montale, nowadays, is how the ratio between original/distinctive releases and rehashed ideas have shifted over the last few years. Four years ago, at least 50% of their releases were worth investigating. Now, hardly any offer anything particularly new to their respective lines. Last year, probably Taj and Full Incense were the only new releases that stood out (I think there were around 8 new releases in 2010).

  24. #84

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    Well I will be ordering today...

    So my choice will be the following:

    50ml - Sweet Oriental Dream
    50ml - Aoud Lime
    20ml - (this is where im stuck) either Aoud Roses Petals, Black Musk or something distinctive. Ahhh, so difficult! Any ideas guys?

  25. #85

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zubbbrastyle View Post
    Well I will be ordering today...

    So my choice will be the following:

    50ml - Sweet Oriental Dream
    50ml - Aoud Lime
    20ml - (this is where im stuck) either Aoud Roses Petals, Black Musk or something distinctive. Ahhh, so difficult! Any ideas guys?
    Oud Cuir d'Arabie. Go for it!

  26. #86

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    Hmmmm... I've heard Oud Cuir d'Arabie is a tough one!

    I was also thinking about Blue Amber as the only amber scent I have is Ambre Russe.

    Then again I have just finished Tobacco Vanille and perhaps will be looking for a new Vanilla scent! Argg...damn you Montale with your hundreds of scents!

  27. #87

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    ^ I know but you said 'distinctive'. LOL!

    But seriously, based on what you plan to order and my own personal tastes, I think you should get Blue Amber.

  28. #88
    Dependent Akahina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,185

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    I am having the same troubles figuring out an order for Montale. I wanted to order a long time ago and can't decide from their plethora of scents. At first I was going to order 100ml of Black Oaud and 20ml of Aoud Lime (the only two I have worn). But I decided that the two share many of the same accords so I took Lime Aoud off the list. I have just about decided to order 50ml of Black Aoud and 50ml of Dark Aoud (based on reviews and the different accords in Dark Aoud). Now I can't decide on which to get for my 20ml...but am thinking it might be Aoud Musk. Really want some dark and interesting fragrances with Montale's Aoud accord, three that are quite different. Have thought about Moon Aoud too but mixed reviews on that have me stumped. So difficult to decide...
    My Favorites

    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense



    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.


    The IFRA can bite me!

  29. #89
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    80,777

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    Perhaps Aoud Forest or Oud Cuir D'Arabie for the 20ml

  30. #90

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    I am having the same troubles figuring out an order for Montale. I wanted to order a long time ago and can't decide from their plethora of scents. At first I was going to order 100ml of Black Oaud and 20ml of Aoud Lime (the only two I have worn). But I decided that the two share many of the same accords so I took Lime Aoud off the list. I have just about decided to order 50ml of Black Aoud and 50ml of Dark Aoud (based on reviews and the different accords in Dark Aoud). Now I can't decide on which to get for my 20ml...but am thinking it might be Aoud Musk. Really want some dark and interesting fragrances with Montale's Aoud accord, three that are quite different. Have thought about Moon Aoud too but mixed reviews on that have me stumped. So difficult to decide...
    Wild Aoud is also fantastic, and different from Black / Dark Aoud. It obviously shares the Montale oud note, but to me smells like gold (if you can imagine that!!!?)
    LOST! in scent and music

  31. #91
    Dependent Akahina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,185

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    I have not read about Aoud Forest so I will have to check that out. Oud Cuir D'Arabie is one I have decided against because I have a Leather Oud by Dior. Wild Aoud is on my short list...
    My Favorites

    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense



    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.


    The IFRA can bite me!

  32. #92

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zubbbrastyle View Post
    Hmmmm... I've heard Oud Cuir d'Arabie is a tough one!

    I was also thinking about Blue Amber as the only amber scent I have is Ambre Russe.

    Then again I have just finished Tobacco Vanille and perhaps will be looking for a new Vanilla scent! Argg...damn you Montale with your hundreds of scents!
    Blue Amber is fantastic, i'm seriously thinking about backing up one in "high concentration" in my next order, besides Red Aoud and Dark Aoud. Attar and Red Vetiver are on my wishlist too.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

    Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

    TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  33. #93

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    Quote Originally Posted by Postumo View Post
    Blue Amber is fantastic, i'm seriously thinking about backing up one in "high concentration" in my next order
    That would be a very good idea. I did this a couple of years ago.

  34. #94

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    That would be a very good idea. I did this a couple of years ago.

    Trebor, i love the "normal" concentration of Blue Amber, could you tell me how the different concentration can affect the smell? Is is just the same with more depth or something? Worst sillage better longevity?
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

    Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

    TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  35. #95

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    ^ Postumo, it's been years since I've tried Blue Amber in normal concentration, so I can't exactly tell you. But you will get a richer and longer-lasting experience with the extra concentration, albeit a little less sillage.

  36. #96

    Default Re: I need help from you, Montale-heads!

    Then having both may be the best choice.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

    Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

    TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Molinard Bargains Heads-Up
    By JanAlways in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 4th March 2008, 01:56 PM
  2. Heads Up!
    By James Esq in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 19th October 2006, 05:45 PM
  3. Heads up -- Gucci PH at Marshalls
    By j in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13th January 2006, 01:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000