Code of Conduct

Default Just bought a black top Dior Homme Intense..noob questions and help??

Just bought a black top Dior Homme Intense...noob questions and help??

How do I know got the last of the tweaked or not tweaked black top sprayer bottles and not one of the new total reformulations,
    Help should I check the serial number
    Or maybe someone here can help me, I have never smelled this one but wanted to try it before they totally change it, I just got it today

Thanks on advance !!!
    Last edited by DavidBee456; 30th August 2011 at 04:58 AM.
    -AVENTUS-

Default Re: Just bought a black top Dior Homme Intense from Strawberrynet ...noob questions and help??

How does it smell to you? If you find it pleasant and agreeable to you then IMO, that's all that matters.

Default Re: Just bought a black top Dior Homme Intense from Strawberrynet ...noob questions and help??

The new reformulation of intense is not released until the 13th of September so do not worry.

I just wanted to get the closest formulation to judge it,
    It seems a little sweet, little smokey not bad, not great I don't detect as much of the make up note..
    Not as much vanilla or cocoa to me I just sprayed it on a napkin not on skin yet
    -AVENTUS-

Do you feel it's overhyped by the community?

Quote Originally Posted by PradaG View Post
    No i wouldn't say that, it's just alot less vanilla than i imagined and more smoky vibe to it, I have to live with it for a little, it's just no way to tell if it's the reformulation for me because I never tried the original one..
    But I don't get any Pear, I smell something sort of like the anisette I got from L'instant
    -AVENTUS-

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBee456 View Post
    No i wouldn't say that, it's just alot less vanilla than i imagined and more smoky vibe to it, I have to live with it for a little, it's just no way to tell if it's the reformulation for me because I never tried the original one..
    But I don't get any Pear, I smell something sort of like the anisette I got from L'instant
    Yeah, as Jack Hunter said, the reformulation isn't out yet. What does a "smoky vibe" mean in this case, because I don't get that. May be it's a lack of adequate adjectives to describe the scent (which is often the case for me). The vanilla should appear stronger after the top notes have faded and the "lip-stick"/"make-up"/"carrot juice" (iris) has settled into the heart.

If you don't get along with it, take it as a lesson... sample! Easily sold on the market though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PradaG View Post
    I would say yes. Though one of the better overhyped ones. Beats the pants of Aventus (in terms of hype to actual delivery) IMO.

I guess I was comparing it to the Dior Homme I have ,it's alot darker, but i was expecting a more intense Dior Homme more iris, more cocoa and etc.
    Last edited by DavidBee456; 30th August 2011 at 04:11 AM.
    -AVENTUS-

Default Re: Just bought a black top Dior Homme Intense..noob questions and help??

I got my Dior Homme Intense from StrawberryNet yesterday. It was blind buy (just to mention that my experience with perfumes I blind bought is terrible). I was excited and scared because all perfumes that are hyped on the internet dissapoints me, maybe because I expect to much.

So I sprayed one time on my hand. And yes, it opens with that lipstick note and yes I like it a lot, after 20 minutes or so the vanilla comes in and lipstick note is not so dominant anymore. Actually I would like that note to stay a little longer but nevermind. The middle notes are gorgeus. The fragrance seems very sophisticated (because of the lipstick note) and I don't know if I would wear it when I'm clubbing. It's more like a nice shirt, special occasion scent to me.
    It is a beautifull scent. I didn't smell something that gorgeus for a long time. I will need a few more wearings to get my rating on this fragrance but first impression is more than good. I think that I will use this fragrance only on winter nights, and not very often because I don't wanna get tired of it

Default Re: Just bought a black top Dior Homme Intense..noob questions and help??

If you had carrot juice before in your life, you will definatly associate DHI top notes with it , that's what it smells like .

The dry down is a sweet yet very gentle cocoa/vanilla love affair .

For optimum enjoyment, i suggest you spray this in the air and walk through it, it will linger with you throughout the entire day .
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....