Code of Conduct

Default Boss Bottled / Ambre Narguile

I enjoy apple / cinnamon / vanilla type scents such as Ambre Narguile, Chanel Allure Homme, and YSL L'Homme, all of which I own and love.

I have been in the fragrance game for years and own a large collection of niche and designer bottles.

For some reason, I never tried Boss Bottled, despite it's popularity over the years. I am very interested in it now, but there are absolutely no retailers of it near me, and I cannot find a sample of it anywhere.

Does Boss Bottled smell similar in any way to Ambre Narguile, Chanel Allure Homme, or YSL L'homme? I am extremely interested in any of your input on how it might fare against these 3 fragrances as far as being in the apple / cinnamon / vanille genre.

Thanks

Default Re: Boss Bottled / Ambre Narguile

IMO no. Ambre Narguile is leagues above.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I really love Ambre Narguile. I use this as a rare occasion or once or twice per week scent.

Do you feel that Boss Bottled would be a decent purchase for a casual everyday type apple / cinnamon / vanilla scent, or is it too similar to Chanel Allure and YSL L'homme?

I think it's somewhat close to Allure, but not YSL L'Homme. I haven't smelled Ambre Narguile, but I can imagine it being somewhat close, at least in categorization (fruity gourmand). I'm sure AN is much thicker, as Boss Bottled is rather light for this type of scent, and is therefore a good "everyday" gourmand.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 31st August 2011 at 11:00 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    I think it's somewhat close to Allure, but not YSL L'Homme. I haven't smelled Ambre Narguile, but I can imagine it being someone close, at least in categorization (fruity gourmand). I'm sure AN is much thicker, as Boss Bottled is rather light for this type of scent, and is therefore a good "everyday" gourmand.
    Yes Ambre Narguile is a phenomenal deep, rich, & flavorful spicy apple cinnamon type scent imo. I would be fine with Boss Bottled being a similar but toned down version of this, as long as it doesn't get ultra synthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by notes102 View Post
    Yes Ambre Narguile is a phenomenal deep, rich, & flavorful spicy apple cinnamon type scent imo. I would be fine with Boss Bottled being a similar but toned down version of this, as long as it doesn't get ultra synthetic.
    If you're attracted to sweet apple/cinnamon scents and you don't mind if the strength is lower than AN, I'd say Boss Bottled would be a pretty good buy. I don't find it obviously synthetic. It's a very friendly and pleasant type of scent.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    If you're attracted to sweet apple/cinnamon scents and you don't mind if the strength is lower than AN, I'd say Boss Bottled would be a pretty good buy. I don't find it obviously synthetic. It's a very friendly and pleasant type of scent.
    Thanks for the info. It sounds like it may be worth checking out for the type of casual frag I am looking for.

I love both. You can get a vial or a .17oz mini Boss Bottled @ fragrance.net if you want to test it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    I love both. You can get a vial or a .17oz mini Boss Bottled @ fragrance.net if you want to test it first.
    Thanks Stew!

I just ordered it yesterday. The first thing it reminds me of when I sniff it is Apple and cinnamon. I think it is a very wearable scent that is youthful and versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    + 1.

They are not alike at all.

Boss Bottled isn't a Gourmand really, and is very "Woody" along with the Vanilla. To my nose, the wood smell isn't like any type of wood you'd recognise, like Cedar or Sandalwood, and seems to be the same "made up" wood note that is in Armani Code.

Ambre Narguile isn't woody at all, and is most definitely a Gourmand (one of the best). Its Apple Strudel all the way down :P

To me the closest scent to Ambre Narguile is Nikos by Nikos. It smells better than Ambre Narguile to me, and cheaper. Go to Hermes website and request a sample of Ambre Narguile, they will mail it to you for free. I think it is overpriced. Boss Bottled is a big complement getter!

Quote Originally Posted by notes102 View Post
    I enjoy apple / cinnamon / vanilla type scents such as Ambre Narguile, Chanel Allure Homme, and YSL L'Homme, all of which I own and love.

I have been in the fragrance game for years and own a large collection of niche and designer bottles.

For some reason, I never tried Boss Bottled, despite it's popularity over the years. I am very interested in it now, but there are absolutely no retailers of it near me, and I cannot find a sample of it anywhere.

Does Boss Bottled smell similar in any way to Ambre Narguile, Chanel Allure Homme, or YSL L'homme? I am extremely interested in any of your input on how it might fare against these 3 fragrances as far as being in the apple / cinnamon / vanille genre.

Thanks