Code of Conduct

Default amouage jubilation xxv

I'm a graet fan of exotic/unique incense scents. Are there any least costly, same quality, alternatives out there for Amouage Jubilation xxv?
    LOOKING FOR DECANTS OF ANY O. Durbano, ANY Hilde Soliana, BOISE VANILLE, COLOGNE POUR LE SOIR, MUSC RAVEGEUR, AND ROSE 31 TO SWAP:.:wink

Default Re: amouage jubilation xxv

I found some of the Series 3 Incense Comme des Garcons fragrances in the same vein as Jubilation. Kyoto and Jaisalmer.
    Last edited by boosh; 31st August 2011 at 10:42 PM.

Full Incense

Regarding the above, I tried Avignon and Zagorsk as well as Full Incense. Also tried Jubilation XXV. I do not see any similarities between the CdG frags, Full Incense and Jub XXV. None whatsoever. However whenever I wear Jub XXV, sometimes I think it reminds me of Chanel's Egoiste (not the Platinum version)....

As others were pointing out, other, slightly different incenses include the CdG incense series and Montale's Full incense. If you're looking for incense, they're great, but, as also pointed out, within the category, they're somewhat different than Jub XXV. Jub XXV is a more lemony, cleaner frankincense, joined to woody-ambers that give it radiance. The CdG tend more towards the churchy (or eastern temple) variety.

Not quite as incensy, but in a similar, "radiant" style is Timbuktu, which however has more woods.

cacio

Sequoia by Comme des Garcons smells similar to Jubilation XXV

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

There was something in the base of Dark Aoud that reminded me a bit of Jubilation XXV, but other than that the fragrance develops quite differently. Still, when I smelled the drydown my first instinct was to compare it to Jubilation XXV. (Though there is a possibility that the Jubilation XXV from some prior wearing had survived the washing machine and had carried over and blended with the Montale, though highly unlikely)

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    Sequoia by Comme des Garcons smells similar to Jubilation XXV
    was here to say this.

however, it's not XXV. there is no exact match... XXV is that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquil View Post
    I'm a graet fan of exotic/unique incense scents. Are there any least costly, same quality, alternatives out there for Amouage Jubilation xxv?
    + 1 Sequoia by Comme des Garcons

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    ...there is no exact match... XXV is that good.
    XXV is that good. And unfortunately very expensive.

I agree ^ Sadly, nothing cheaper really compares

Eau d`Italie Baume du doge.

sampled this for the first time yesterday and i gotta say wow this is an amazing scent, saving up for it right now, might sell some records I'm not too fond of anymore to get some $ for it and get it ASAP.

i do second CDG Kyoto is pretty similar, but definitely not as good as Jubiliation XXV, but hey maybe you'll love it get a sample

Thank you for all the input. Looks like I might have to start saving...
    LOOKING FOR DECANTS OF ANY O. Durbano, ANY Hilde Soliana, BOISE VANILLE, COLOGNE POUR LE SOIR, MUSC RAVEGEUR, AND ROSE 31 TO SWAP:.:wink

What is it about Jubilation? Must be the quality of the materials, the particular blend, both?

I like the CdG Incense series, but Jubilation is in a class of its own. The radiance of Jubilation makes Avignon et al smell like a very blunt instrument.

I used to think that Sonoma Scent Studio's Sienna Musk was a dead-on ringer for JXXV. I recently did a side by side (well, arm to leg) and while they aren't scent-twins, I have to say that they are very similar, both incredible, and there are times I prefer one over the other.

And they are similar *enough* so that if the Amouage is never going to be an option, financially speaking, the SSS offering might be just what the doctor ordered

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Eau d`Italie Baume du doge.
    +1. It's not an XXV clone, but it's probably the closest you'll find. Baume du Doge is easier to wear though - a bit sweeter and less formal/opulent.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I've just had a try of CdG Kyoto. Whilst note a dupe, it shares the radiance and lightness of touch so spectacularly evident in Jubilation. I'm not sure if its as "good" but its certainly a contender.

(What is it that gives it the radiance? Is it a twist of citrus in the same way that a gin and tonic is lifted with a slice of lemon...?)

blueyezz, I think it's the chemical iso e super in this case. The CdG incense series are known to overdose the stuff, and it's definitely prevalent in XXV as well. That combined with whatever light lemony frankincense synthetics they use leads to a rather radiant presentation indeed.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Sequoia, but it's not as sweet or satisfying as Jubilation.

You may also try Costume National Homme

I agree with a couple previously mentioned, but as they also stated, IMO Jubilation exceeds all of them..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by leto View Post
    You may also try Costume National Homme
    This is nothing like XXV, I own both and see no similarities whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquil View Post
    ..........Are there any least costly, same quality, alternatives out there for Amouage Jubilation xxv?
    No.

buy a box of Fruity Pebbles breakfast cereal, some milk, and a bowl, and then proceed to splash the mixture on yourself........

XXV is unique. It's not just incense, but immortelle, oudh, woods, frankincense, blended perfectly. Yes, it's expensive, and I only wear it on special occasions. I really haven't smelled anything else that can cover the dimensions above, with perfect sweetness, richness, incense, sillage and projection of XXV.

I think you are going to have to start saving for it @Aquil! ... or maybe find a split group, or a decant from TPC.

People are focusing on the incense of Jubilation XXV, but that's not what gives it its radiance. The incense is a voice in a chorus.

Try Annick Goutal Sables.
    My top 5: Sea Mist; Minnow; Crab, tiger, and almonds; Semprini; Rancid Polecat N░ 2

Quote Originally Posted by vbs View Post
    People are focusing on the incense of Jubilation XXV, but that's not what gives it its radiance. The incense is a voice in a chorus.

Try Annick Goutal Sables.
    ^^ That's the immortelle! .....still not the whole story though and IMO still not close, but for that dimension, probably worth a sample.