Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 58
  1. #1
    Dependent heperd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    4,897

    Default Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    So i guess it happens to the best of us. 4oz Creed Silver Mountain Water for the apparently too good too be true price of $99.95 w shipping. Looked like legit tester in pics. Obviously counterfeit in real life. Smells almost like SMV for 3 min then nothing. See for yourself:













  2. #2
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios
    Posts
    128,322

    Default Re: Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    Now you know first hand the risk involved with shopping for fragrance on Ebay.

  3. #3
    Dependent heperd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    4,897

    Default Re: Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    Yep. Should I post the name of the seller yet?
    Last edited by heperd; 2nd September 2011 at 07:50 AM.

  4. #4
    Basenotes Member djaqib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA, California
    Posts
    41

    Default Re: Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    ya u shud warn other bsnoter and post his name before someone else gets ripped off

  5. #5
    Dependent heperd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    4,897

    Default Re: Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    [url]http://myworld.ebay......................... Maybe I was a little to quick to post this on a public forum...i dont think she knowingly sold a fake. For all of you who have already followed the link, come closer to the screen so I can glamour you.

    Last edited by heperd; 2nd September 2011 at 05:50 PM.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    I would Never order such expensive fragrance via e-bay NEVER

  7. #7
    Dependent heperd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    4,897

    Default Re: Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    Im gonna blame it on my friend. "I'll go in half on it!" Peer pressure!!

  8. #8
    Super Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    408

    Default Re: Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    Looks like a legit seller, guess appearances are often deceiving!!

    Can't you file a claim against ebay, I'm sure someone on here recently sold a fragrance on here via ebay and the bidder claimed it was fake, and ebay ended up refunding the item?!

    Worth a shot, but I agree with the consensus that ebay should be avoided for such purchases.

  9. #9
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    30 Roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,239
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    The seller's return policy allows you to return it within 7 days on your dime for a full refund. Do so, and make sure you buy delivery confirmation to prove to PayPal that you returned it (in case the refund is not forthcoming.)

    You could message her through eBay's messaging system (so it's on record) and request that she reimburse you the return shipping cost after she receives the bottle back, because the item was counterfeit. If you do that, word it as though you believe she did not realize it was counterfeit (who knows, maybe she didn't-- many people don't know which bottles are fake.)

    Do not mention feedback in your correspondence with her, don't make it sound like you will give her a negative-- keep it friendly. She is not required by eBay or PayPal to reimburse the return shipping cost and there is no way to force the issue.

    You could go the longer route and file with eBay that it is counterfeit but you may or may not get a refund depending on what they decide, and may still have to send it to someone for that to be verified. Seems easier to me to return it to the seller.
    Mai and Mati's nest webcam: http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/kalakotkas.html
    Irma and Ivo's nest webcam: http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/kalakotkas2.html
    Irma lost one egg that stuck to her feathers and dropped off as she flew away, so she now has only 2 eggs.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    I've had a couple of (non-ebay) auction experiences where the sellers had no idea the fragrance was counterfeit, were very apologetic and gave all my money back, including shipping. Some people genuinely have no idea what they're selling, so go easy unless they start messing you about.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    LMAO at what is writed on the box

    Ces essences et absoluts de fleurs , de bois, d'épices et d'hespérdes sélectionés, triés er choisis chaque année par notre créateur parfmeur Olivier Creed sont naturels ainsi que nos infusions d'ambre gris, de vanile, et d'autres fragrances. Cette composition est un assemblage d'essances prestigieuses etrares. La méthod de macération et de fitration artisanale tém oigne d'une maison qui a wu allier tradition et qualité depuis plus de 2 siècles.

    Now here the real stuff :

    Ces essences et absolus de fleurs, de bois, d'épices et d'hespéridés sélectionnés, triés et choisis chaque année par notre créateur parfumeur Olivier Creed sont naturels ainsi que nos infusions d'ambre gris, de vanille, et d'autres fragrances. Cette composition est un assemblage d'essences prestigieuses et rares. La méthode de macération et de filtration artisanale témoigne d'une maison qui a su allier tradition et qualité depuis plus de 2 siècles.

    And btw, "ETABLE A PARIS EN 1854" does mean "BARN IN PARIS SINCE 1854", the right word being "ETABLIE".
    My guess is that fake bottle was REALLY made in a barn actually...

    Stupid fakers, more than 10 misspellings on a simple box, but as long as it looks like "french", I guess they don't care...
    Top 3 : Jaisalmer | Bulgari Black | Body Kouros

  12. #12
    timaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    2,482
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    The seller's return policy allows you to return it within 7 days on your dime for a full refund. Do so, and make sure you buy delivery confirmation to prove to PayPal that you returned it (in case the refund is not forthcoming.)

    You could message her through eBay's messaging system (so it's on record) and request that she reimburse you the return shipping cost after she receives the bottle back, because the item was counterfeit. If you do that, word it as though you believe she did not realize it was counterfeit (who knows, maybe she didn't-- many people don't know which bottles are fake.)

    Do not mention feedback in your correspondence with her, don't make it sound like you will give her a negative-- keep it friendly. She is not required by eBay or PayPal to reimburse the return shipping cost and there is no way to force the issue.

    You could go the longer route and file with eBay that it is counterfeit but you may or may not get a refund depending on what they decide, and may still have to send it to someone for that to be verified. Seems easier to me to return it to the seller.


    Great recommendation.
    The only problem with that would be that ebay wont get informed of this seller offering counterfeits, which would mean it could happen several times in the future.
    I would definitely let them now.
    If it was indeed by accident, it should not happen again at least just as seldomly as it does to other persons.
    And the seller could make a statement about it as a reply to the feedback.
    Just dont let stuff like that go by uncommented. Too many frauds out there!

    After how many counterfeit violations does a seller get banned, btw?
    Smellin good

  13. #13
    Dependent Partario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    1,700

    Default Re: Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    On the bright side you'll more than likely get all of your money back. Another bonus is that in the future you'll always be able to tell others that you were "scammed by the mother of two great kids". The conversation will probably go downhill from there, but it sounds like a great opener.

    Edit: Now that the link is gone, this post will make zero sense.
    Last edited by Partario; 2nd September 2011 at 11:40 PM.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Scentational View Post
    LMAO at what is writed on the box

    Ces essences et absoluts de fleurs , de bois, d'épices et d'hespérdes sélectionés, triés er choisis chaque année par notre créateur parfmeur Olivier Creed sont naturels ainsi que nos infusions d'ambre gris, de vanile, et d'autres fragrances. Cette composition est un assemblage d'essances prestigieuses etrares. La méthod de macération et de fitration artisanale tém oigne d'une maison qui a wu allier tradition et qualité depuis plus de 2 siècles.

    Now here the real stuff :

    Ces essences et absolus de fleurs, de bois, d'épices et d'hespéridés sélectionnés, triés et choisis chaque année par notre créateur parfumeur Olivier Creed sont naturels ainsi que nos infusions d'ambre gris, de vanille, et d'autres fragrances. Cette composition est un assemblage d'essences prestigieuses et rares. La méthode de macération et de filtration artisanale témoigne d'une maison qui a su allier tradition et qualité depuis plus de 2 siècles.

    And btw, "ETABLE A PARIS EN 1854" does mean "BARN IN PARIS SINCE 1854", the right word being "ETABLIE".
    My guess is that fake bottle was REALLY made in a barn actually...

    Stupid fakers, more than 10 misspellings on a simple box, but as long as it looks like "french", I guess they don't care...

    Excellent information to have on record. Thanks for the post.

    ...NDN-01!!!

  15. #15
    Surfacing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    A Day Dream
    Posts
    4,557

    Default Re: Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    On the bright side you'll more than likely get all of your money back. Another bonus is that in the future you'll always be able to tell others that you were "scammed by the mother of two great kids". The conversation will probably go downhill from there, but it sounds like a great opener.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Midnight in Paris EDP, Aramis New West, Alain Delon Iquitos, Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Oxford & Cambridge, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

    Seeking decant/sample of PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man, Comme des Garcons 2 Man, Giorgio VIP, ....etc. I have samples to swap.

    More HERE
    Please PM me !

  16. #16
    silentrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers, FL
    Posts
    5,558

    Default Re: Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    With this sellers feedback rating I'm going to take a wild guess that the seller didn't know it was a fake and you should be able to get a refund fast. I won't buy a creed on Ebay unless the seller will give me the lot # and tell me what color the seal is on the sprayer. Another problem is people that sell legit fragrances get ripped off by people stating they're fake when they're not. Personally I won't buy from anyone, but powersellers.
    Last edited by silentrich; 2nd September 2011 at 05:24 PM.
    Currently wearing: Accord Oud by Byredo

  17. #17
    Dependent heperd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    4,897

    Default Re: Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    Quote Originally Posted by ceekay View Post
    I've had a couple of (non-ebay) auction experiences where the sellers had no idea the fragrance was counterfeit, were very apologetic and gave all my money back, including shipping. Some people genuinely have no idea what they're selling, so go easy unless they start messing you about.
    Looks like this may be the case. She says she bought a large lot of frags and this was included. I dont think i'll have any problem getting a full refund plus paid for return shipping. She(?) now is asking me to please point out the reasons I know it is a fake so she can be educated, which I guess im about to do.

  18. #18
    Shaheen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    734

    Default Re: Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    I have been seeing these threads on a regular basis for YEARS! How many people have to get burned before you guys learn your lesson??

    STOP BUYING 4oz CREED BOTTLES ON EBAY!!!
    Last edited by Shaheen; 2nd September 2011 at 07:20 PM.

  19. #19
    Dependent heperd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    4,897

    Default Re: Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    Indeed, How many more times? Listen close,, I think he says ebay a couple of times.



  20. #20

    Default Re: Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    SMW is a difficult one. Not only do you have to be careful of fakes of it, but it's also one where you have to be aware of batch variations.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    Here is what I have found about many frag sellers on ebay. They work with drop shippers and never have the stuff themselves. So they get hooked up with a drop shipper because of the price they pay per piece is cheapest and can make more profit. These people (sellers) know next to nothing about frags and really couldn't care less about it, it's a 'job'. Even if they have a good rating on a ton of sales they still really know little about frags or their drop shippers.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

  22. #22

    Default Re: Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    I saw this SMW on Ebay, and reported it right away. It was one of the most obvious fakes I've ever seen. Look at the front of that box! It's completely missing the Creed logo above the brutal SMW sticker.

    I never heard anything back from Ebay about my report.

    How did you know about the sprayer etc, but not the box? Sorry to hear this happened man.

  23. #23
    Dependent heperd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    4,897

    Default Re: Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    OK OK im an idiot I get it!. Usually im very wary. I really don't know why i didn't inspect it more closely. I didn't even enlarge the pic. Probably because i thought, if its fake i could get my money back easily ,and if not then I got a good deal. Can I blame Ambien. Plus ebay had this deal if you sign up get $10 off and not pay for a year blah blah. The post office is next door, so i already mailed it back today and talked to the seller about refund. I dont think i like SMW that much anyway. I just really dont want them to sell it to anyone else.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    Fakes on eBay?


  25. #25
    Dependent heperd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    4,897

    Default Re: Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    Waaah!! I bought a fake cologne on ebay Waaaah!!

  26. #26
    DuNezDeBuzier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    CITY by THE LAKE
    Posts
    2,258

    Cool Re: Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    I went thru the same exercise in the Summer of '08; there's no stoppin it.

    Check that... there's about as much chance of stoppin it as there is at prventing the fake Rolex watches from being moved in lower Manhattan on the streets in broad daylight. I have the pretty one with all the diamonds around the face.
    Currently wearing: Eau d'Hermès by Hermès

  27. #27

    Default Re: Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    Wait, are you saying my ten dollar Rolex is fake? Nooooo!!!

  28. #28
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,563

    Default Re: Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Scentational View Post
    LMAO at what is writed on the box

    Ces essences et absoluts de fleurs , de bois, d'épices et d'hespérdes sélectionés, triés er choisis chaque année par notre créateur parfmeur Olivier Creed sont naturels ainsi que nos infusions d'ambre gris, de vanile, et d'autres fragrances. Cette composition est un assemblage d'essances prestigieuses etrares. La méthod de macération et de fitration artisanale tém oigne d'une maison qui a wu allier tradition et qualité depuis plus de 2 siècles.

    Now here the real stuff :

    Ces essences et absolus de fleurs, de bois, d'épices et d'hespéridés sélectionnés, triés et choisis chaque année par notre créateur parfumeur Olivier Creed sont naturels ainsi que nos infusions d'ambre gris, de vanille, et d'autres fragrances. Cette composition est un assemblage d'essences prestigieuses et rares. La méthode de macération et de filtration artisanale témoigne d'une maison qui a su allier tradition et qualité depuis plus de 2 siècles.

    And btw, "ETABLE A PARIS EN 1854" does mean "BARN IN PARIS SINCE 1854", the right word being "ETABLIE".
    My guess is that fake bottle was REALLY made in a barn actually...

    Stupid fakers, more than 10 misspellings on a simple box, but as long as it looks like "french", I guess they don't care...
    This is good to know ! Thanks !
    Petty small minded people have no place in my life.
    Currently wearing: Angel by Thierry Mugler

  29. #29

    Default Re: Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    Caveat Emptor.

    If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't , true.
    for swap/sale:



  30. #30
    anotherlemontree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Muswell Hill, London
    Posts
    386

    Default Re: Fake fake fake.....fake fake fake..... Fake from ebay (Disco Version-Creed SMW)

    Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Indeed, How many more times? Listen close,, I think he says ebay a couple of times.


    Love it! And yes, he could well be saying anything here, including "eBay". Brings to mind a video that pokes fun at Robert Plant's idiosyncratic pronunciation: http://video.coolstreaming.us/watch-...b85d68532.html
    Hope that cheers you up! Sucks being had, but it does indeed happen to the best of us. Fingers crossed you get your money back without too much hassle.

    @Scentstional, how about "Ce product ne peut etre vendu..." I'd love it if bona fide fragrances wrote their copy in Franglais, but alas, none do.
    I'll always make time for cats and roses

    My great loves:
    Mitsouko, L'Heure Bleue, Caron Pour un Homme, Dune, Fat Electrician, Oxford and Cambridge, Eau de Campagne, Elixir des Merveilles, Sarrasins, MKK, Ambre Sultan, Tocade, Dzing!

    Current obsessions:
    Le Temps d'Une Fête, Tom of Finland, Jasmin et Cigarette, Dirty (not dirty at all )

    "Perfume is an invisible art form, and yet one of the most evocative and personal."

Similar Threads

  1. Is this ebay'd Creed MI a fake?
    By rioni in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 1st May 2010, 03:18 AM
  2. Incredible Creed fake on Ebay
    By jalexhrovat in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 19th July 2008, 03:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000