Code of Conduct

Default Got my first compliment!

It was from a stranger, and it I was wearing YSL La Nuit De L'Homme. I was at a bar / eatery on Sunday after Irene had passed my area (NYC).

I've only been doing the fragrance thing for about two weeks, but I have eleven frags and was wondering when it would happen - it was nice! Also, I don't know if it's a 'complement' per se, but I've had women tell me what they like (presumably because they could smell me) - Polo Black and Bleu de Chanel, respectively.

This is fun!

Default Re: Got my first compliment!

dont you love it??? haha. i wore tom ford black orchid for the first time yesterday. got 6 compliments.

It's always nice to get unexpected compliments!

Yeah, compliments are always great. The funny thing to me, though, is often it's on fragrances I wouldn't expect. My last compliments were on such cheapies as Hugo Boss Boss Pure, Cuba Wild Heart, and Sean John's I Am King. I think sometimes the general public prefers fragrances that many of us perfume enthusiasts scoff at. It's usually the expensive, challenging, niche scents that go uncomplimented Funny though.

I get lots of compliments when I wear Cool Water. Most of gyus in here HATE THIS CHEAP C_AP

I get the most complements by wearing gourmand fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by gabeinstyle View Post
    dont you love it??? haha. i wore tom ford black orchid for the first time yesterday. got 6 compliments.
    Wow 6?!
    I've never gotten one outside of people that I am really close to.

Edit: Oh wait, there was one. She asked me what Axe I was wearing. I admit, I was testing out a very generic smelling scent. But still! -.- Facepalm. I guess thats whats to be expected from my age group.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1016 View Post
    Yeah, compliments are always great. The funny thing to me, though, is often it's on fragrances I wouldn't expect. My last compliments were on such cheapies as Hugo Boss Boss Pure, Cuba Wild Heart, and Sean John's I Am King. I think sometimes the general public prefers fragrances that many of us perfume enthusiasts scoff at. It's usually the expensive, challenging, niche scents that go uncomplimented Funny though.

Yeah, I was a professional musician for a few years and I had to get over trying to play for other musicians, so to speak. Once I started audience tuning, I realized that some of the simple stuff got the strongest response. Not all the time - but more than I would have expected. It seems fragrances work in a similar fashion.