Code of Conduct

Default Where Can I find a funnel for putting together decants and split bottles???

I saw the funnels that Killian has for its refill bottles and I really those. I'm going to be putting together a few decant and split bottles and I would like to know where I can find a funnel (metal, glass, plastic, etc).

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Where Can I find a funnel for putting together decants and split bottles???

Accessories for Fragrances.com has plastic funnels in several sizes.

I bought a smaller metal one on eBay for filling small vials; the ones from A. for F. are a little too big for the tiny vials.

Default Re: Where Can I find a funnel for putting together decants and split bottles???

You might try Proudstyle.com for the small funnels as I have used their's for 5 ml decants recently. Their prices for the little glass spray bottles has increased unfortunately. If you know of a better place to find small bottles I would appreciate it. How are you 30 Roses? I hope that you did not suffer any water or wind damage from Irene. Doug

Rumour has it they can be found in various places online simply by using a search engine. Still unconfirmed...

Anywhere in retails that may carry small funnels?

The Container Store carries one size of small perfume funnels, so if you live close to one, you can try stopping by. Sephora doesn't sell them, but I suspect they could have some in their drawers that a sympathetic SA could give away. Remember that you want to use a different funnel for each perfume, so buy plenty.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    The Container Store carries one size of small perfume funnels, so if you live close to one, you can try stopping by. Sephora doesn't sell them, but I suspect they could have some in their drawers that a sympathetic SA could give away. Remember that you want to use a different funnel for each perfume, so buy plenty.

cacio
    Plastic probably since its cheaper.

Yes. The CS sells plastic funnels, and I was talking about buying many plastic ones. It doesn't seem worthwhile to buy expensive metal ones.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Yes. The CS sells plastic funnels, and I was talking about buying many plastic ones. It doesn't seem worthwhile to buy expensive metal ones.

cacio
    How much per funnel?

http://www.containerstore.com/shop?p...&N=&Ntt=funnel

Note that this is a little larger than the usual ones. As such, you can use it also to pour. (The smaller ones can be used only for spraying into - or at least, one has to use a very tiny pipette with them).

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by boosh View Post
    Rumour has it they can be found in various places online simply by using a search engine. Still unconfirmed...

I checked on this and confirmed it is true. A miracle I tell ya!

I bought 50 from accessories for fragrancesforaccessories.

25 smaller funnels to fill atomizers and vials and 25 large ones to fill large bottles.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post

25 smaller funnels to fill atomizers and vials and 25 large ones to fill large bottles.
    Thanks for the help and recommendations as it is better than just blindly buying from just anywhere. I noticed feedback that one of the bottles had problems leaking. Good luck with your funnels and I have been using the plastic ones with success in fitting the small bottle openings

Quote Originally Posted by river1 View Post
    Thanks for the help and recommendations as it is better than just blindly buying from just anywhere. I noticed feedback that one of the bottles had problems leaking. Good luck with your funnels and I have been using the plastic ones with success in fitting the small bottle openings
    Feedback where that which bottles are leaking?
    I bought 50 plastic ones. I dispose of after use.

for swap/sale:

Containerstore and they were the metal ones that she said leaked when she traveled, your site had I wanted and on EBay as well

Containerstore and they were the metal ones that she said leaked when she traveled, your site had The ones that I wanted and on EBay as well

were the vials glass or plastic?

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    were the vials glass or plastic?
    metal

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Just a thought: metal funnels can be cleaned, don't have to be disposed of after use. Warm water and liquid dish detergent followed by a rinse in alcohol does the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Just a thought: metal funnels can be cleaned, don't have to be disposed of after use. Warm water and liquid dish detergent followed by a rinse in alcohol does the trick.
    Thanx for the tip!