Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1

    Default Where Can I find a funnel for putting together decants and split bottles???

    I saw the funnels that Killian has for its refill bottles and I really those. I'm going to be putting together a few decant and split bottles and I would like to know where I can find a funnel (metal, glass, plastic, etc).

  2. #2
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    30 Roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,361
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Where Can I find a funnel for putting together decants and split bottles???

    Accessories for Fragrances.com has plastic funnels in several sizes.

    I bought a smaller metal one on eBay for filling small vials; the ones from A. for F. are a little too big for the tiny vials.


  3. #3

    Default Re: Where Can I find a funnel for putting together decants and split bottles???

    You might try Proudstyle.com for the small funnels as I have used their's for 5 ml decants recently. Their prices for the little glass spray bottles has increased unfortunately. If you know of a better place to find small bottles I would appreciate it. How are you 30 Roses? I hope that you did not suffer any water or wind damage from Irene. Doug

  4. #4
    Dependent pluran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    6,859

    Default Re: Where Can I find a funnel for putting together decants and split bottles???


  5. #5

    Default Re: Where Can I find a funnel for putting together decants and split bottles???

    Rumour has it they can be found in various places online simply by using a search engine. Still unconfirmed...

  6. #6

    Default Re: Where Can I find a funnel for putting together decants and split bottles???

    Anywhere in retails that may carry small funnels?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Where Can I find a funnel for putting together decants and split bottles???

    The Container Store carries one size of small perfume funnels, so if you live close to one, you can try stopping by. Sephora doesn't sell them, but I suspect they could have some in their drawers that a sympathetic SA could give away. Remember that you want to use a different funnel for each perfume, so buy plenty.

    cacio

  8. #8

    Default Re: Where Can I find a funnel for putting together decants and split bottles???

    Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    The Container Store carries one size of small perfume funnels, so if you live close to one, you can try stopping by. Sephora doesn't sell them, but I suspect they could have some in their drawers that a sympathetic SA could give away. Remember that you want to use a different funnel for each perfume, so buy plenty.

    cacio
    Plastic probably since its cheaper.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Where Can I find a funnel for putting together decants and split bottles???

    Yes. The CS sells plastic funnels, and I was talking about buying many plastic ones. It doesn't seem worthwhile to buy expensive metal ones.

    cacio

  10. #10

    Default Re: Where Can I find a funnel for putting together decants and split bottles???

    Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Yes. The CS sells plastic funnels, and I was talking about buying many plastic ones. It doesn't seem worthwhile to buy expensive metal ones.

    cacio
    How much per funnel?

  11. #11

    Default Re: Where Can I find a funnel for putting together decants and split bottles???

    http://www.containerstore.com/shop?p...&N=&Ntt=funnel

    Note that this is a little larger than the usual ones. As such, you can use it also to pour. (The smaller ones can be used only for spraying into - or at least, one has to use a very tiny pipette with them).

    cacio

  12. #12

    Default Re: Where Can I find a funnel for putting together decants and split bottles???

    Quote Originally Posted by boosh View Post
    Rumour has it they can be found in various places online simply by using a search engine. Still unconfirmed...

    I checked on this and confirmed it is true. A miracle I tell ya!

  13. #13

    Default Re: Where Can I find a funnel for putting together decants and split bottles???

    I bought 50 from accessories for fragrancesforaccessories.

    25 smaller funnels to fill atomizers and vials and 25 large ones to fill large bottles.

    for swap/sale:





  14. #14

    Default Re: Where Can I find a funnel for putting together decants and split bottles???

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    I bought 50 from accessories for fragrancesforaccessories.

    25 smaller funnels to fill atomizers and vials and 25 large ones to fill large bottles.
    Thanks for the help and recommendations as it is better than just blindly buying from just anywhere. I noticed feedback that one of the bottles had problems leaking. Good luck with your funnels and I have been using the plastic ones with success in fitting the small bottle openings

  15. #15

    Default Re: Where Can I find a funnel for putting together decants and split bottles???

    Quote Originally Posted by river1 View Post
    Thanks for the help and recommendations as it is better than just blindly buying from just anywhere. I noticed feedback that one of the bottles had problems leaking. Good luck with your funnels and I have been using the plastic ones with success in fitting the small bottle openings
    Feedback where that which bottles are leaking?
    I bought 50 plastic ones. I dispose of after use.

    for swap/sale:





  16. #16

    Default Re: Where Can I find a funnel for putting together decants and split bottles???

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Feedback where that which bottles are leaking?
    I bought 50 plastic ones. I dispose of after use.
    Containerstore and they were the metal ones that she said leaked when she traveled, your site had I wanted and on EBay as well

  17. #17

    Default Re: Where Can I find a funnel for putting together decants and split bottles???

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Feedback where that which bottles are leaking?
    I bought 50 plastic ones. I dispose of after use.
    Containerstore and they were the metal ones that she said leaked when she traveled, your site had The ones that I wanted and on EBay as well

  18. #18

    Default Re: Where Can I find a funnel for putting together decants and split bottles???

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    I bought 50 from accessories for fragrancesforaccessories.

    25 smaller funnels to fill atomizers and vials and 25 large ones to fill large bottles.
    were the vials glass or plastic?

  19. #19

    Default Re: Where Can I find a funnel for putting together decants and split bottles???

    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    were the vials glass or plastic?
    metal

  20. #20
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    30 Roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,361
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Where Can I find a funnel for putting together decants and split bottles???

    Just a thought: metal funnels can be cleaned, don't have to be disposed of after use. Warm water and liquid dish detergent followed by a rinse in alcohol does the trick.


  21. #21

    Default Re: Where Can I find a funnel for putting together decants and split bottles???

    Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Just a thought: metal funnels can be cleaned, don't have to be disposed of after use. Warm water and liquid dish detergent followed by a rinse in alcohol does the trick.
    Thanx for the tip!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 16th June 2011, 07:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •