Code of Conduct

Default looking for a "warm" scented fragrance for a female16 year old high school student...

I am a female 16 year old with an interest in perfume. I'd like recommendations for a "warm" (ie not too sweet, woody, peppery, or powdery scent). Hopefully, it would be appropriate enough to wear to school and at night...so I'm probably looking for an eau de parfum vs eau de toilette. recommendations would be lovely! thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: looking for a "warm" scented fragrance for a female16 year old high school student...

Edit: Mispost.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: looking for a "warm" scented fragrance for a female16 year old high school student...

Whatever you do, don't buy any of that sweetpea, lemon fizz stuff that have all over Victoria's Secret. But if you're here asking this question, I'm sure you've got that down already.

The only womens perfume I've ever smelled and somewhat liked (I usually hate them all, for mostly the same reasons): Acqua di Gioa. It's not really unique, but its the only perfume to date that I've smelled that didn't A) burn my nose, B) make me gag, C) force an image of a stripper into my head (or one of the numerous slutty girls in my high school), or D) give me a headache. It's not too original, but smells good.

Also, if you're willing to be a bit daring (which is always good in a women), you could wear Acqua di Gio. Last time I gave it a sniff, I felt that some women might be able to pull it off.

Edit: Oops, I completely got carried away and forgot the "warm" part. Sorry about that. I can't remember the last time I smelled a "warm" women's scent, but you could try something gourmand. I know that either Alien or Angel has some chocolate and other gourmand notes in them. You could start there. Just a note though, in my opinion its a love or hate scent. You may not want to wear it if you're looking for something that is generally pleasing to everyone. I know I couldn't stand either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi asimes, welcome to basenotes!

To help us make recommendations for you, can you say which perfumes you've tried & liked or disliked?

alexjustdoit, it is Angel that has the chocolate/gourmand notes. l personally find it too heavy & in-your-face, so it may not work for school. Alien on the other hand, is a beautiful jasmine-amber, which l love. My BF thinks it's "sweet", but in my opinion it is not overly so.
    l agree Acqua di Gioia is lovely; a very summery, minty lemon which is very long-lasting for a citrus. You may want to give it a try anyway, it's way more sophisticated than the Victoria's Secret-type of scents mentioned above.

Happy sniffing, & do let us know what you find!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, thanks for the info.

Also, I've never heard of it being done, but I own a bottle of Burberry London for Men, and I can see a women wearing it and getting away with it if theyre confident and sexy about it. Unlike the women's version, its a bit sweet, a tiny bit boozy, and quite warm and inviting. Definitely a Fall and Winter scent though, and not to be worn with a t-shirt. More like a coat, or a sweater. Just keep in mind, that even if a scent is feminine or masculine, they can most likely be worn by the opposite gender. I think women can get away with wearing mens scents better than men can with womens scents however.

Try Midnight Poison

Balenciaga
    adversity introduces a man to himself -anonymous

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Basenotes asimes

As teardrop said it helps to know what you like or have tried already. Also helps to know what kind of stores you have access to and a general price range.
    i tested this scent the other day and Warm is a word that popped into my head when sniffing- try Boyfriend by Kate Walsh- It might be too woody for your taste but it is certaianly warm and smooth.

Please report back on what you sniff.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

So Flowers

thanks for all the replies! i have smelled acqua di gioia..and i almost got it for summer. It was my 1st choice for summer but heading into fall/winter, it doesn't seem to work as well. I like more unique smelling fragrances..definitely not the victoria's secret kind! My first perfume was Dior J'adore (weird i know for a someone younger) but I liked it for its lack of over the top sugary-ness. I know what i like in terms of lighter scents..and acqua di gioia definitely fits this (cool, refreshing, citrusy) but i'm having trouble finding more appropriate for the cooler months. as far as price goes..i'd fall in the middle price range..i can definitely afford anything at sephora or a department store but i've been intrigued by the boutique/specialty brands/houses of perfume lately.

sorry for rambling! i'm writing down the suggestions (more would be great!)..i'll let you know the next time i go out and sniffff

i've smelled angel and alien by thierry mugler..they're both "warm" but too gourmand i think..and way too heady for daytime (at least in high school!)

Post Thanks / Like

Burberry Brit EDP. A very beautiful, warm, and creamy fruity/nutty/almond/vanilla scent which I find absolutely gorgeous on a girl. It verges on gourmand, but I wouldn't consider it so. Check it out!
    Last edited by cjbee; 5th September 2011 at 07:27 PM.
    What I've been wearing far too much of lately:

-Amouage Lyric Man
    -Guerlain Gourmand Coquin
    -Creed Jardin d'Amalfi