Code of Conduct

Default Why doesn't Channel Allure Homme Sport COLOGNE (the best of the allure line) get no love?

This might be the most natural smelling lemon scent out there. Why doesn't anyone rave about it? It's the only one of the allure homme line I would consider.

Default Re: Why doesn't Channel Allure Homme Sport COLOGNE (the best of the allure line) get no love?

I mean get any love. Get no love would technically mean it gets love.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Why doesn't Channel Allure Homme Sport COLOGNE (the best of the allure line) get no love?

Sport in the name - the kiss of death on BN!

Oh, yeah - I agree - it's nice! I like some of the others better, but it's not bad at all.

We have quite a few folks here who like it. It's just not the latest thing on the block, so it's not getting all the hype.

It's getting bad reviews, http://www.basenotes.net/ID26128384.html with people complaining that the lemon is too sharp and realistic. But I like that. Lemon smells great, which is why people put it on everything. I would love to smell like unadulterated natural lemon.

I've never tried this one. I don't know why. Its strange to me that they even have these two fragrances, Allure Homme Sport, and Allure Homme Sport Cologne. I'm not sure the poster above or some of the other people on here realize these are two distinct fragrances. How do they compare/differ in your opinion?
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

I've always thought it was looked upon favorably. I've never tried it as lemon isn't really my thing, but I love Allure Homme, so if it's of the same relative quality, I imagine it's alright.

Oh, and I overlooked the Cologne part. I don't guess I was aware it existed. I was referring to the EDT. Regardless, not something I'm in a rush to check out, as it doesn't sound like it's up my alley.

Yeah I bet people think I'm talking about Allure Homme Sport (the silver bottle) but I'm talking about Allure Homme Sport Cologne (clear bottle). The main difference is that the Cologne is super lemony. The silver bottle is this adulterated interpretation of lemon.

One problem with the cologne (clear bottle) though is that it has really bad longevity.

Doesnt project or last to cost as much as it does. its as good as burberry sport

Blog Entries

Yes - the sport cologne is rather awesome. I'm a huge fan. The regular sport is a bit more like spicy and powdery lemon, whereas the sport cologne is lemon with a touch of wood.

Both 1 star in the Guide!

Never have tried it to be honest, I really like Allure Sport EDT and just assumed it was >

It's a pretty decent Sport cologne IMO.

It's the only Chanel that I own or care to own. Wonderful summer fragrance!

Ignore that fact that it has "Allure Homme Sport" in the title. It smells NOTHING like Allure Sport (or Allure Homme for that matter). It's a zesty, tangy citron-based EDC. Love it.

I've never smelled the EDC, but why bother when the lemon in Edition Blanche is excellent and it's an EDT.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    I've never smelled the EDC, but why bother when the lemon in Edition Blanche is excellent and it's an EDT.
    Because Edition Blanche and Cologne Sport smell nothing alike. Edition Blanche smells like an actual flanker to Allure Homme, with added lemon-meringue and ginger notes. Cologne Sport smells like citron and Mediterranean lemon (the actual juice from the fruit), and white musk. The closest thing to Cologne Sport that I have ever smelled would have to be Hermes Voyage. Take Voyage and remove the fig and tea notes, and you basically have Cologne Sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    Because Edition Blanche and Cologne Sport smell nothing alike. Edition Blanche smells like an actual flanker to Allure Homme, with added lemon-meringue and ginger notes. Cologne Sport smells like citron and Mediterranean lemon (the actual juice from the fruit), and white musk. The closest thing to Cologne Sport that I have ever smelled would have to be Hermes Voyage. Take Voyage and remove the fig and tea notes, and you basically have Cologne Sport.
    So it smells like a gin and tonic basically? Yeah the bulgari tea note in Voyage ruined it for me and the lack of projection and longevity.

It's plain and boring imo. It's one of my least favorites from Chanel along with Bleu and Allure Homme.

I don't care for Allure Homme Sport EDT but like Allure Homme Sport Cologne very much. The lime in the Cologne version is so tangy and so refreshing and uplifting. This is a wonderfull fresh scent! Even it's a bit sharp at first, but becomes soft and warm when it dries down.

Sur la Plage

IMO there is not "best" of the Allure line. None are worth purchasing IMO.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I like some of the others better, but it's not bad at all.
    It should be made into an etiquette that whenever this is said you should give the names of these other ones. Don't leave us hanging

It's a lemon overdose.
    For me: original Allure > Allure Homme Sport > Edition Blanche > Cologne
    and Cologne is off by miles...

Because Chanel fragrances seem to be, in my opinion, with "two speeds"- while some are over-commercialized (though still good), it's often their best scents which don't get sufficient attention

It gets love here. Its citron works well outdoors in summer's heat and mixes well with the sweat that comes with it.

Wonderful fragrance !
    Like said above, it is nothing alike Allure Sport EDT, which I find personally disgusting. Pure lemon juice at the beginning, very refreshing, then dries down to a warm and comfortable white musk "Ó la Mugler Cologne" with the last bits of lemon in the background.
    So yeah indeed, if you look only at the reviews, it seems a bit underrated, but we should admit that they really should have picked an other name for this one and it suffers a lot to be a flanker and often mingled with the Sport EDT.
    Top 3 : Jaisalmer | Bulgari Black | Body Kouros

I have love for Allure Homme Sport Cologne.

Personally I find the three Allure flankers to be totally different to one another.

EDT gives me orange/manderin.

Blanche gives me a sharp lemon.

EDC gives me a lime vibe.

Also I get good projection and longevity with the EDC.

I love the topnotes of AHSCS, but the drydown is very generic and boring to me. If it could hold on to that lemon note, I would love it (or if the base could have the vanilla notes from AHS).

It has no character, It's just lemons and more lemons. There aren't any other notes that stand out enough to keep me interested. I will say that I hate lemon based frags to begin with but if they are blended with other notes enough to make them undetectable or faint, then I typically enjoy them. Otherwise I hate lemon frags and Chanel Allure Sport Cologne is one I don't enjoy. It's quite the ideal summer scent though.

I'd say it gets too much attention and praise, not too little. I think around 2000 frags are supposed to be launched by the time 2011 comes to a close. How do you think it stacks up against them (perhaps 700-800 "masculines" and "unisex," if not more)? Nobody is suggesting that they aren't trying to appeal to the masses with such a frag, but that's why it gets criticized, when it does. For the most part, such frags don't even enter my mind. I'd rather think about more interesting ones when I think about frags. To put it simply, it's not an aficionado frag. Are there are a lot of "good" wines that wine aficionados have no interest in? I'm guessing the answer is yes.